OKC - SAC - DET

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

bpcox05
Veteran
And1: 481

OKC - SAC - DET 

Post#1 » by bpcox05 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:34 pm

***Deadline Deal***

OKC Gives:
Kendrick Perkins
Reggie Jackson

OKC Gets:
Greg Monroe
Ray McCallum

Why for OKC?
The Thunder do this trade to upgrade their starting center position and to give them a low post presence. Ibaka and Monroe would be great compliments. They lose Jackson as their backup PG, but McCallum has been continuing to show potential as an up and coming PG and should be able to provide shooting, defense, and come playmaking when he is in. Not to mention with Lamb's development that he has the ability to start shifting into that sixth man for the Thunder. McCallum and Lamb off the bench is still a strong bench duo.

PG - Westbrook/McCallum/Telfair
SG - Morrow/Lamb
SF - Durant/Jones/Roberson
PF - Ibaka/Collison/Jerrett
C - Monroe/Adams/McGary

SAC Gives:
Carl Landry
Ray McCallum
Ryan Hollins

SAC Gets:
Kendrick Perkins
Will Bynum

Why for SAC?
The Kings do this to get Landry's contract off the books. Landry does not compliment Cousins very well. Landry pairs best with a defensive, rim protecting center. Cousins is not at that level. They lose McCallum, but with Collison and Sessions on the team, he was likely to see very little playing time. Bynum is included to give them an adequate third PG in case of injuries.

PG - Collison/Sessions/Bynum
SG - McLemore/Stauskas
SF - Gay/Casspi/Williams
PF - Thompson/Evans/Moreland
C - Cousins/Perkins/Bhullar

DET Gives:
Greg Monroe
Will Bynum

DET Gets:
Reggie Jackson
Carl Landry
Ryan Hollins

Why for DET?
With Greg Monroe likely to leave after the season is done. Detroit is looking to get some sort of return back from him. Jackson comes over as an up and coming PG who can start or come off the bench (also makes Jennings movable without being left vulnerable). They also get Landry and Hollins who would be the first two bigs off the bench behind Smith and Drummond. Landry would provide good bench scoring and be paired with a center who's main focus is defense and shotblocking (Drummond/Hollins) which happens to be the player that fits best with Landry.

PG - Jackson/Jennings/Augustin
SG - Meeks/Caldwell-Pope/Martin
SF - Singler/Butler/Datome
PF - Smith/Landry/Jerebko/Mitchell
C - Drummond/Hollins/Gray
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Re: OKC - SAC - DET 

Post#2 » by loserX » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:47 pm

I'm not sure what Detroit wants with Landry, so the Kings get cut out of this really fast.

The larger problem is that the Thunder would have Bird rights on Jackson but not on Monroe, which means they can at least try to re-sign Jackson next year while Monroe is almost certainly a rental and wouldn't be back. That means OKC is likely out.
Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 367

Post#3 » by Xman » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:47 pm

Might as well take out Sacramento and make it: Perkins/Jackson for Monroe/Bynum. So, essentially it is Jackson for Monroe. Good deal for OKC but leaves them at risk of injury.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,082

Post#4 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:51 pm

RJ is more important than ever as the experienced 6th man on a young roster. And Adams looks ready to break out, and I'm in no hurry to put a body in his way. I'm more interested in a better 3rd PG, a replacement level wing, and a better backup C (Can't wait for Perk to expire).
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#5 » by bondom34 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:55 pm

Yeah, I would have been good with this prior to Monroe signing the QO and Adams looking so good preseason, but pretty sure Adams will start now, and Monroe wouldn't be able to be resigned w/o Bird Rights.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO

Return to Trades and Transactions