JaVale Mcee for Jason Thompson and Derrick Willams

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,044

JaVale Mcee for Jason Thompson and Derrick Willams 

Post#1 » by Laimbeer » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:07 am

Both teams relieve logjams and gain depth at positions of need. Nuggets trim salary in 2015-16.
Cruel_Ruin
Head Coach
And1: 767
Location: The intersection of intellect, imagination and insanity

Re: JaVale Mcee for Jason Thompson and Derrick Willams 

Post#2 » by Cruel_Ruin » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:46 am

No from the Kings. I'd rather have Jason Thompson than McGee, who is among the handful of players dumber than JT is and is on an enormous salary. And Williams is on an expiring contract so he could be flipped for an upgrade somewhere else later.
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Post#3 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:07 am

I'd probably bite as a Kings fan just on shear entertainment value alone of a mcgee/Cousins tandem up front
Ralnor
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 544

Post#4 » by Ralnor » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:09 am

BOOGIE-MONSTER wrote:I'd probably bite as a Kings fan just on shear entertainment value alone of a mcgee/Cousins tandem up front

:-D . This.
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,248

Post#5 » by RRFB » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:59 am

PF is not a position of need for Denver, if anything this creates even more of a logjam. If the Nuggets are gonna dump McGee for scraps, they need to at least save money doing it. That doesn't happen here.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Post#6 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:54 am

C is a position of need for Sacramento? Was it all a nightmare and really Cousins that broke his leg in USA training camp and not my beloved Paul George?!?

:wink:
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Post#7 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:51 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:C is a position of need for Sacramento? Was it all a nightmare and really Cousins that broke his leg in USA training camp and not my beloved Paul George?!?

:wink:

A lot of kings fans, myself included view PF as Cousins most natural position. The idea of pairing Cousins with someone with a skillset of larry sanders, Javale mcgee, sam Dalembert etc seems very intriguing.

Also I see Thompsons more natural position at C as long as he has a more athletic PF next to him. Derrick Williams is a combo forward. I don't see these pieces log jamming the 4 in Denver. Also the Nuggets DO save money here, roughly 6 million next year.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,044

Post#8 » by Laimbeer » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:17 pm

RRFB wrote:PF is not a position of need for Denver, if anything this creates even more of a logjam. If the Nuggets are gonna dump McGee for scraps, they need to at least save money doing it. That doesn't happen here.

Pretty good savings in 2015-16 as Williams expires.
Darren_Errman
Senior
And1: 265

Post#9 » by Darren_Errman » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:27 pm

A pairing of Cousins at 4 and McGee at 5 will be hilariously bad on defense and hurt Cousins' offensive game. McGee is useless 5 feet away from the rim, that means Cousins will be hoisting jumpers instead of playing in the post due to a clogged lane. While Cousins is a fairly good midrange jump shooter, his post game is one of the best in the NBA among big men. McGee is gonna drag an extra defender into the paint and Kings' spacing will be terrible on both ends.
torotoe
Sixth Man
And1: 184

Post#10 » by torotoe » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:23 pm

Darren_Errman wrote:A pairing of Cousins at 4 and McGee at 5 will be hilariously bad on defense and hurt Cousins' offensive game. McGee is useless 5 feet away from the rim, that means Cousins will be hoisting jumpers instead of playing in the post due to a clogged lane. While Cousins is a fairly good midrange jump shooter, his post game is one of the best in the NBA among big men. McGee is gonna drag an extra defender into the paint and Kings' spacing will be terrible on both ends.

Hold on a minute. Realistically, a healthy McGee is a better player than Thompson. In pretty much every way McGee has Thompson beat. Thompson's strengths are so mediocre that they are barely strengths at all, at least McGee is good at a few things. I see what you are saying about the fit, but Cousins is the one advocating for a shot blocking C.

I would not do this trade for the Nuggets. The upside of a better Birdman is too appealing for a possible playoff team.
Darren_Errman
Senior
And1: 265

Post#11 » by Darren_Errman » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:06 pm

torotoe wrote:
Darren_Errman wrote:A pairing of Cousins at 4 and McGee at 5 will be hilariously bad on defense and hurt Cousins' offensive game. McGee is useless 5 feet away from the rim, that means Cousins will be hoisting jumpers instead of playing in the post due to a clogged lane. While Cousins is a fairly good midrange jump shooter, his post game is one of the best in the NBA among big men. McGee is gonna drag an extra defender into the paint and Kings' spacing will be terrible on both ends.

Hold on a minute. Realistically, a healthy McGee is a better player than Thompson. In pretty much every way McGee has Thompson beat. Thompson's strengths are so mediocre that they are barely strengths at all, at least McGee is good at a few things. I see what you are saying about the fit, but Cousins is the one advocating for a shot blocking C.

I would not do this trade for the Nuggets. The upside of a better Birdman is too appealing for a possible playoff team.

I agree with u that McGee is more useful than Thompson. I was only speaking of the fit. McGee makes too much money to backup Cousins. Playing Cousins at 4 is gonna be a disaster. Both teams dont do this.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,083

Post#12 » by jbk1234 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:08 pm

Can't see Denver trying to lead the league in middling PFs just to have them all sit behind Faried.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#13 » by RSCD3_ » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:07 pm

Sticking with Sacramento Denver trades

What about

Cousins,
Ray McCallum
Staukas

For

Galinari
Nurkic
Harris
Robinson

Sacramento rebuilds with a promising young center good small forward and 3 and D prospect and Denver doubles there chances of making the playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,052

Post#14 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:18 pm

RSCD3_ wrote:Sticking with Sacramento Denver trades

What about

Cousins,
Ray McCallum
Staukas

For

Galinari
Nurkic
Harris
Robinson

Sacramento rebuilds with a promising young center good small forward and 3 and D prospect and Denver doubles there chances of making the playoffs

That is very bad for the Kings.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#15 » by Kings2013 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:26 pm

RSCD3_ wrote:Sticking with Sacramento Denver trades

What about

Cousins,
Ray McCallum
Staukas

For

Galinari
Nurkic
Harris
Robinson

You don't have proper respect for Cousins (or maybe too much for the Nuggets pieces. There is 500 things wrong with that. We have a better SF already than the injured Gallinari. Why would we be "rebuilding" lol. A lot of Kings fans would value Stauskas and McCallum as prospects alone decently. Really dude, insulting
torotoe
Sixth Man
And1: 184

Post#16 » by torotoe » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:08 pm

Kings2013 wrote:We have a better SF already than the injured Gallinari.

LOL, What!? :lol: Who?
chuckdevlin
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,187

Post#17 » by chuckdevlin » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:27 pm

What would DEN want for Mcgee?
Retire Joey Graham's Number in the ACC #letsgooo #whatnumber?
Kings2013
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by Kings2013 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:18 pm

torotoe wrote:
Kings2013 wrote:We have a better SF already than the injured Gallinari.

LOL, What!? :lol: Who?

Go to google and type in 'Top 10 Small forwards' and see what pops up.

Who's been the better player recently, 2013-2014 Gay or Gallinari of 2012-2013 I guess is subjective, that was my personal opinion but I am a Kings fan.

1. Gallinari has had extensive health issues which have leveled his market value to a certain extent. Like Rose/Rondo he has to prove now that he can come back and consistently play games at the level he was at, as an NBA fan I hope he can.

2. This is why I responded the way I did to the original poster, the Kings aren't in need of SF help IMO right now. If Gay's play curtails in the future only then will it be an issue, but to disregard him now is not appropriate.
eathb_au
Analyst
And1: 1,115

Post#19 » by eathb_au » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:03 am

Since Thompson is better than McGee and Gay is better than Gallo,

I expect the Kings to finish with a higher record than Denver this year.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by Kings2013 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:03 am

eathb_au wrote:Since Thompson is better than McGee and Gay is better than Gallo,

I expect the Kings to finish with a higher record than Denver this year.

So do I. But most critics I've read have us around the same general area

OKC
SAS
LAC
GSW
POR
HOU
DAL
MEM
PHX
NEW ORL

DEN/SAC