BOS/POR

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

IamaCeltsfan
Junior
And1: 27

BOS/POR 

Post#1 » by IamaCeltsfan » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:55 am

Boston trades:
Will Bynum

Portland trades:
Meyers Leonard

Why for Boston?
They trade a guy they don't need for a young big man who doesn't get much playing time in Portland.

Why for Portland?

They clear the glut they have in the front court and they acquire a back-up point guard who can come off the bench and score points.
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Re: BOS/POR 

Post#2 » by Golabki » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:37 am

Will Bynum is a crappy back-up PG. He plays no D, is an inefficient scorer, and struggles in catch-and-shoot situations.

They have Lilliard. Steve Blake is better than Bynum. McCullom is a recent first round pick you they have to consider at least worthy of a 3rd string PG role. And frankly, if I hve to survive with a 4th string PG for a strech... i'd rather it be with a semi-interesting guy like Morris or by sliding Barton into a PG role.

Leonard may suck, but so does Bynum and at least Leonard's still young.
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Post#3 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:38 pm

Golabki wrote:Will Bynum is a crappy back-up PG. He plays no D, is an inefficient scorer, and struggles in catch-and-shoot situations.

They have Lilliard. Steve Blake is better than Bynum. McCullom is a recent first round pick you they have to consider at least worthy of a 3rd string PG role. And frankly, if I hve to survive with a 4th string PG for a strech... i'd rather it be with a semi-interesting guy like Morris or by sliding Barton into a PG role.

Leonard may suck, but so does Bynum and at least Leonard's still young.

And just to add Leonard is 7'1". You do not trade big for small unless the small is a much better talent
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
tester551
Analyst
And1: 815

Post#4 » by tester551 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:01 pm

If Bynum has a non-guaranteed contract, I would trade him for Claver, but that is all.
Higgs Boston
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,625

Post#5 » by Higgs Boston » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:37 pm

Boston-Portland trade with leonard has sense if bass is included.

Bass + powell (minuts leonard) x leonard + freeland
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,086

Post#6 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:40 pm

Higgs Boston wrote:Boston-Portland trade with leonard has sense if bass is included.

If the money works out I like this deal. Portland gives up little to upgrade the backup 4 significantly.
Higgs Boston
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,625

Post#7 » by Higgs Boston » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:47 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Higgs Boston wrote:Boston-Portland trade with leonard has sense if bass is included.

If the money works out I like this deal. Portland gives up little to upgrade the backup 4 significantly.

Yes, it works in trade machine.
Jaseface
Banned User
And1: 81

Post#8 » by Jaseface » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:21 pm

Golabki wrote:Will Bynum is a crappy back-up PG. He plays no D, is an inefficient scorer, and struggles in catch-and-shoot situations.

Bynum is a third-string point guard. What are you expecting out of him, exactly?
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Post#9 » by Brandon-Clyde » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:15 pm

Jaseface wrote:

Bynum is a third-string point guard. What are you expecting out of him, exactly?

The OP is wanting a young 7 footer. Golabki is merely explaining why that isn't likely to happen
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,239

Post#10 » by BadWolf » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:41 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:

Gives up little to upgrade significantly
What's in it for Boston? Leonard? Meh
Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Post#11 » by Soulyss » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:50 pm

I cannot believe there is still belief that Bass is somehow an Upgrade over our current PF rotation.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,996

Post#12 » by cl2117 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:08 pm

Soulyss wrote:

I cannot believe there is still belief that Bass is somehow an Upgrade over our current PF rotation.

I think Bass is better than Robinson. Robinson obviously has more potential, is younger and cheaper, but in terms of on court production I think Bass gives you more than Robinson right now. If I could add Bass to that rotation in addition to Robinson I think that'd be a great move for Portland, especially if they didn't have to give up much to do it. It's not a necessary move, but I think he would upgrade that PF rotation.

If Robinson breaks out and lives up to his draft status then great you can stash Bass at the end of the bench and he's expiring so there's no real long term damage. Otherwise Bass is a great veteran addition, has historically better numbers than Robinson and has playoff experience for a young team. Plus I think he fits well into Portland's schemes.

Outisde of T-Rob the PF options are Leonard/Freeland/Wright none of whom I think are better than Bass. Again definitely not a move they need to make, but I for one think Bass would upgrade that PF rotation.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.

Return to Trades and Transactions