NO-BOS-NY

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

lordjeff05
Veteran
And1: 767

NO-BOS-NY 

Post#1 » by lordjeff05 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:44 pm

No gives: Eric Gordon
gets: Jeff Green, Gerald Wallace
BOS gives: Rondo, Green, Wallace
gets: Amare Staudemire, Cleanthony Early, Tim Hardaway, future first rounder
NY gives: Amare Staudemire, Cleanthony Early, Tim Hardaway, future first rounder
gets: Rondo, Gordon

For New Orleans this is obvious, Green is a good match for the squad. For Boston, they clear cap and get prospects. A locked up Rondo is worth more than that, but not a Rondo who is about to expire. This team would suck, but the draft is loaded with Centers. For New York they get Melo a second option, and a guy to set him up. Team of Rondo, Gordon, Melo, Barnagni, and Dalembert is a playoff team. Cap space is a bit overrated as alot of teams will have it and I'm not sure what players they think they could get with the cap space they'd have.

Not sure if this a start or an absolute deal breaker.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Re: NO-BOS-NY 

Post#2 » by Smitty731 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:54 pm

So, basically the Celtics are giving up Rondo and Green (their two best players) for Hardaway Jr. and a first round pick? No thanks.

Also, the Hornets may need a SF, but I don't think they want to trade their starting SG and eat Wallace's deal to get one.
lordjeff05
Veteran

Post#3 » by lordjeff05 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:49 am

Smitty731 wrote:So, basically the Celtics are giving up Rondo and Green (their two best players) for Hardaway Jr. and a first round pick? No thanks.

Also, the Hornets may need a SF, but I don't think they want to trade their starting SG and eat Wallace's deal to get one.

Hey Smitty, I argue that it is exactly what we want to do because it moves Reke to the 2.

What do you think is a fair return for an expiring Rondo?
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,477

Post#4 » by jayjaysee » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:45 am

I don't think it's bad value for anyone really. Hardaway is a decent prospect and the future pick will be so far away (2019? 2020?) who knows where the Knicks will be at that point.

Add in the right to swap Clippers/Knicks pick in 2015 on top of the 2018 pick.

Knicks fans will respond to OP why trade value for someone we can sign in 10 months. And that is kind of a fair point for a team with such few assets.. But it just is up to if NY wants to waste a year fighting for playoffs or pretend-contend this season.

And I understand Celtics fans who don't want to waste Rondo's value by dumping Wallace. If they are rebuilding and trading Rondo, Wallace's 10 mil expiring next year is no big deal...

But to me this deal is more

Wallace and Green for Gordon... pretty decent value IMO.

3-4 million cap savings (Gordon+Rondo compared to Amare+Hardaway), Hardaway, Early, and a future first for Rondo.

Which isn't bad value, but it isn't very good either.

I still think Gordon for Mayo+Dudley is an awesome trade for both teams.
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#5 » by Rockazoids » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:29 am

jayjaysee wrote:I don't think it's bad value for anyone really. Hardaway is a decent prospect and the future pick will be so far away (2019? 2020?) who knows where the Knicks will be at that point.

Add in the right to swap Clippers/Knicks pick in 2015 on top of the 2018 pick.

Knicks fans will respond to OP why trade value for someone we can sign in 10 months. And that is kind of a fair point for a team with such few assets.. But it just is up to if NY wants to waste a year fighting for playoffs or pretend-contend this season.

Look at it this way, Games played in the last 3 years
Rondo 53,38,30 Games played 121
Gordon 9,42,40 Games played 91
Amar'e 47,29,65 Games played 141

NY has been down that road. So your right why give up assets for two guys that have seen the floor
less than Amar'e
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,996

Post#6 » by cl2117 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:41 pm

Ugly for the Celtics. Again if they're moving Rondo there is no need to trade Wallace and get a worse return. The problem is that Hardaway Jr., a distant future first and Cleanthony on their own aren't enough for Rondo.

If you take the Wallace portion out there isn't nearly enough being offered to get Boston to move Rondo and Green and the Knicks don't have anything else to offer, so I just don't see it working out.

I would be interested in seeing Green in NO though. I feel like he could fit into that lineup and give them the quality SF they've been lacking.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#7 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:19 pm

Deal looks a lot better without NY. Celtics can keep Rondo and just move Green for Gordon.

NY moves the wrong way in this deal as constructed and doesn't even overpay to get there. lose-lose basically.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,076

Post#8 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:24 pm

Green, Thorton for EJ?
lordjeff05
Veteran

Post#9 » by lordjeff05 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:46 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Green, Thorton for EJ?

Id' love that but I don't think Boston does that. I'd do Wallace and Green for Gordon all day everyday, but they are so loaded at the 2 that it doesnt make much sense for them unless you unload him on another team. That assumes that they are in the process of rebuilding and will unload their vets.

Not sure what Knicks think about trading Bargnani for Gordon, but they may think they can get a better player for that money next year. I'm not sure who though.
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#10 » by Rockazoids » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:08 pm

lordjeff05 wrote:Not sure what Knicks think about trading Bargnani for Gordon, but they may think they can get a better player for that money next year. I'm not sure who though.

NY has 3 SG @ the total cost of about $9.9M (THJ, JR & Shumpert) why would they need Gordon & his
almost $14.9M deal.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#11 » by RSCD3_ » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:46 pm

Rondo on New York is never going to happen, doesn't fit their system and if he doesn't have the ball in his hands a lot there's not much he can do

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life

Return to Trades and Transactions