Jalen/Simmons Season Preview Trades: NYC/BOS

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,527

Re: Jalen/Simmons Season Preview Trades: NYC/BOS 

Post#21 » by 165bows » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:10 am

sportscrazy wrote:Does Boston do this without the picks involved? Amare/Shump for a proven to be healthy by mid season Rondo and Wallace?

What would be the point of that?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#22 » by bondom34 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:16 am

165bows wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:Does Boston do this without the picks involved? Amare/Shump for a proven to be healthy by mid season Rondo and Wallace?

I was hoping to post something intelligent and sarcastic here, but I can't even come up with anything.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,996

Post#23 » by cl2117 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:17 am

Rockazoids wrote:I just don't see NY giving up any asset for a player that has average just over 40 games
played the last 3 year.

That's a pretty misleading statistic. He lost half the season when he went out two years ago with a partial ACL tear (again partial) and then was held out regularly last year purely to help the tank leading to him missing a lot of games that I think it's safe to say he would have been in had the Celtics actually been relevant. The season prior to his ACL injury was the lockout shortened season (the same year that he came back into a playoff game after dislocating his elbow).

In the five seasons prior to his knee injury he averaged 77 games.

Why in the world would they even consider that? And you wonder why I took you seriously when you said the Knicks counter by offering only a pick swap.

Seriously though that's just ridiculous.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#24 » by nykballa2k4 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:30 am

165bows wrote:

IT was a trick question. No such thing as a healthy Rondo and Wallace.

Knicks SHOULDN'T do that deal either (nor should Boston for that matter)
Knicks say no because Rondo is going to get pissy around Melo and leave after the season and Knicks will have Gerald Wallace chilling on the roster.

Boston should say no because Rondo should be able to get back more talent than that. Celtics might be able to get prospects on rookie deals and/or a major player.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
irie
RealGM
And1: 4,502

Post#25 » by irie » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:51 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
165bows wrote:

IT was a trick question. No such thing as a healthy Rondo and Wallace.

Knicks SHOULDN'T do that deal either (nor should Boston for that matter)
Knicks say no because Rondo is going to get pissy around Melo and leave after the season and Knicks will have Gerald Wallace chilling on the roster.

Boston should say no because Rondo should be able to get back more talent than that. Celtics might be able to get prospects on rookie deals and/or a major player.

Rondo probably wouldn't leave New York, and I don't imagine he would have issues with Melo. Melo is exactly the kind of guy Rondo would love to play with.. someone who can help him rack up the assists.

But to the trade, if the Celtics are moving Rondo (which they probably are going to) then including Wallace is stupid. The Knicks blowing up their cap potential next off season for Rondo is stupid. Simmons' trade proposals are typically lousy, and this is no exception.
♣|☸
irie
RealGM
And1: 4,502

Post#26 » by irie » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:52 pm

Rockazoids wrote:I just don't see NY giving up any asset for a player that has average just over 40 games
played the last 3 year.

What asset? The 2018 first? That pick doesn't have a whole lot of value to anyone other than the Knicks because it's so far away. The pick swap is meaningless because the Knicks will be better than the Celtics so the swap will not amount to anything. Shumpert is not an asset. Amar'e has negative value.
♣|☸
sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Post#27 » by sportscrazy » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:55 pm

If New York were to go all in on 2016...

Celtics get:
Amare Stoudemire
Iman Shumpert
2018 First Round Draft Pick (via NY)
Right to swap draft picks in 2015 NBA Draft

Knicks get:
Rajon Rondo
Eric Gordon
Gerald Wallace

Pelicans get:
J.R. Smith
$9 Million Traded Player Exception

Followed by Andrea Bargnani's expiring for Javale McGee
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
bgrep14
Veteran
And1: 211

Post#28 » by bgrep14 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:23 pm

this is interesting

Return to Trades and Transactions