OKC/MIN

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

OKC_HOJ
Ballboy
And1: 6

OKC/MIN 

Post#1 » by OKC_HOJ » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:57 pm

OKC Out: Perkins, PJ3, and a 1st Rd Pick
OKC In: Peckovic and JJ Barea

You could also insert a different young guy for PJ3. I put Barea in so he doesn't take time away from LaVine.
I don't the salaries of the players but if someone could let me know the exact salaries that would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,515

Re: OKC/MIN 

Post#2 » by shrink » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:30 pm

You have a good eye. A deal like this has been suggested dozens of times over the last couple years, but it inevitably gets voted down.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,469

Post#3 » by jayjaysee » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:47 pm

OKC has fallen in love with Adams, rightfully so.. So while last year when Dieng started blowing up, a Pek+asset for Perkins deal made a lot of sense..

But now Minn has Lavine, Wiggins, G-Rob, Bennett.. Meaning Lamb/PJ3 are not worth much at all to them..

And OKC believes in Adams and has McGary and still owns the rights to those two other centers... So they wouldn't want to commit to a four year Pekovic deal.. I still think OKC would gladly give up one of their low end prospects and Perkins for an expiring center upgrade, keep the room under tax to bring back Jackson and push the team to the finals this year.. But that is a really small market.. If there is even a market there.. Kosta, KG, Monroe, Dalembert, that's it I guess.
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 159

Post#4 » by djthesonicsfan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:11 pm

My two perspectives...

(1) Yup, Adams is our new center. This kid is the real deal. So ya, no need for every one to keep suggesting we need to replace Perkins. Already happened. Watch this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snfiwXWrWYo&feature=player_detailpage[/youtube]

(2) As for the Wolves, I'm thinking with all their talented youngsters they would be better off long term with Dieng at center. So ya, the Wolves should trade Pek for good value. Just won't be with us.
notSonics 2016
Starters - Trey, Roberson, KD, Ibaka, Adams
Rotation - Payne, Waiters, Green, McGary, Kanter
Bench - Collison, Christon, Brodgon, Huestis
Stash - Johnson, Abrine
Cut - Morrow
Trade - Singler
Draft - Brogdon
FA - Green
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#5 » by jayjaysee » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:27 pm

I imagine I know how this is going to go.. But I'm going for it..

OKC - Perkins, McGary
OKC - Dalembert and JR

Minn - Pekovic
Minn - Perkins and McGary

NYK - JR and Dalembert
NYK - Pekovic

NYK gets a good center for Phil's system, they'd only be adding 6 million to next years cap so they'd have enough room to add anyone still... OKC gets a high risk high reward player in JR and a one year rental of Dalembert. Minn gets a prospect..

OKC fans will vomit at the idea of JR. Maybe make it a fourth team.. Or Knicks fans won't want to commit to Pekovic when they have a chance at Gasol.

Flawed from the start.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#6 » by bondom34 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:29 pm

jayjaysee wrote:I imagine I know how this is going to go.. But I'm going for it..

OKC - Perkins, McGary
OKC - Dalembert and JR

Minn - Pekovic

NYK - JR and Dalembert
NYK - Pekovic

NYK gets a good center for Phil's system, they'd only be adding 6 million to next years cap so they'd have enough room to add anyone still... OKC gets a high risk high reward player in JR and a one year rental of Dalembert. Minn gets a prospect..

OKC fans will vomit at the idea of JR. Maybe make it a fourth team.. Or Knicks fans won't want to commit to Pekovic when they have a chance at Gasol.

Flawed from the start.

Most would. I'd debate it.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#7 » by jayjaysee » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:31 pm

bondom34 wrote:

There you go again, caring about actual basketball talent and team needs and not just amateur ESPN opinions. Blah.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by bondom34 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:33 pm

jayjaysee wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

There you go again, caring about actual basketball talent and team needs and not just amateur ESPN opinions. Blah.

I'll admit it could equally be disastrous of successful, but if the goal is to win this season, why not give it a try, he'd be one of the best options at SG for them. Morrow's looked great, but I wouldn't start him based on defense, if JR could start, try it out.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 159

Post#9 » by djthesonicsfan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:56 pm

jayjaysee wrote:I imagine I know how this is going to go.. But I'm going for it..

OKC - Perkins, McGary
OKC - Dalembert and JR

Minn - Pekovic

NYK - JR and Dalembert
NYK - Pekovic

Flawed from the start.

Ya, you lost me at JR...
notSonics 2016
Starters - Trey, Roberson, KD, Ibaka, Adams
Rotation - Payne, Waiters, Green, McGary, Kanter
Bench - Collison, Christon, Brodgon, Huestis
Stash - Johnson, Abrine
Cut - Morrow
Trade - Singler
Draft - Brogdon
FA - Green
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,758

Post#10 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:56 pm

I like it Jay. One issue tho is I think OKC would have to make Dalembert the nominal starter(like Perkins except he's actually a decent player). A common theme on Sam as he has bounced around the league the last 5 years is that his effort issues get a lot worse when he doesn't start--its a big deal to him.

But he could really help OKC and Smith could too.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by bondom34 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:02 pm

Chuck Texas wrote:I like it Jay. One issue tho is I think OKC would have to make Dalembert the nominal starter(like Perkins except he's actually a decent player). A common theme on Sam as he has bounced around the league the last 5 years is that his effort issues get a lot worse when he doesn't start--its a big deal to him.

Yeah, he could be the "Perk-esque" starter. Give him 5-10 to start the game.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,758

Post#12 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:14 pm

yeah Adams could still get the most minutes. 24-28 with Dalembert playing 18-20(more in certain match-ups) with Collison/Ibaka also getting a few minutes at the 5.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#13 » by jayjaysee » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:16 pm

Chuck Texas wrote:I like it Jay. One issue tho is I think OKC would have to make Dalembert the nominal starter(like Perkins except he's actually a decent player). A common theme on Sam as he has bounced around the league the last 5 years is that his effort issues get a lot worse when he doesn't start--its a big deal to him.

Yeah - but Adams could use a better vet in front of him for another year no? I fully expect Adams to be a starter for 10+ years and have a very Dalembert career.. I know Dalembert likes being a starter, but that doesn't command minutes.

In Dallas, he only played 20 mpg. And we loved him and he loved it, I think.. So if he plays 20-22 mpg in OKC, Adams can still play 24ish but is called a bench player.. Adams gets a year to finish developing while OKC gets a better 20-22 mpg center.. Dalembert doesn't care about minutes, just about being labeled a starter IMO..

And Smith is a pretty decent sized upgrade over Morrow/Lamb.. I get it, he's crazy or whatever. But if it's about winning a championship.. Then getting Dalembert - who could also be very affordable to bring back for OKC, considering he is only making 4 million now.. And adding another guy who can create.. Seems like a pretty big step.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,076

Post#14 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:24 pm

I'm probably on board with Perkins, 1st for Dally, JR. JR is a complete idiot, but he's talented and I think he could come back a bit with KD and Russ. But I wouldn't give McGary.

Return to Trades and Transactions