MIL/ATL

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

MIL/ATL 

Post#1 » by Bernman » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:46 pm

Atlanta receives: John Henson, Brandon Knight, best of Milwaukee's own 2015 2nd OR Atlanta's own returned

Milwaukee receives: Dennis Schroeder, Adreian Payne

Why for Atlanta? For their playoff chances they receive more proven players, but who still have some upside left for the future. Plus a pick in the 30's as sweetener to slightly aid that interest.

Why for Milwaukee? They defer costs for players who project to potentially be a bigger part of their future, which Schroeder at least also would. They are in need of a purer point guard prospect like Schroeder is. Plus they increase their chances of a top 5-10 pick next year to complete a projected future big 3, by going even younger/more inexperienced.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,052

Re: MIL/ATL 

Post#2 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:19 pm

I think Payne is overkill. I'd take him out and add a Dudley/Jenkins swap.
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#3 » by Hawk Eye » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:20 pm

I wouldn't do this deal simply because I want to see Payne play and see what kind of production he can bring to our team. This is something I'd definitely consider though around the deadline.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,708

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:21 pm

Value might need a small tweak, but I like this idea. Nice work OP.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#5 » by Bernman » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:43 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:I think Payne is overkill. I'd take him out and add a Dudley/Jenkins swap.

Jenkins does nothing for me, honestly.

If you value Dudley at all (which I can understand, as he's been decent), I'd throw him to you in exchange for a bad contract, if you have one. Thabo Sefolosha? Honestly I don't know who is a bad contract there. Not sure there is one. Then keep Payne in.

Otherwise maybe we could do a lotto protected 1st next year instead of Payne, if you are really intrigued by him. I think you guys are a fair bit under the cap, so we don't have to worry too much about matching salaries.

Revised Trade Proposal:

Hawks receive: Henson, Knight, Dudley

Bucks receive: Schroeder, 2015 lotto protected 1st, (Sefolosha?)
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#6 » by tski1972 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:59 pm

I'd be happy with something like...

Henson/Knight

for

Schroeder/Muscala/protected 2015 1st
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,638

Post#7 » by machu46 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:14 pm

One of the more realistic trades I've seen on here. I can definitely see where it would appeal to both teams, and although I'm not as high on Schroeder as a lot of Bucks fans seem to be, and I'm higher on Knight than a lot seem to be, I think this is a pretty decent move. Payne intrigues me, and Schroeder at least has a chance of developing into a starting PG at some point. Well done.

Also, I do like the idea of a Dudley-Jenkins swap as well. I'd love to add that into the trade on top of what was proposed, but I'm honestly fine with either version.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#8 » by Hawk Eye » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:01 pm

John Jenkins has actually turned a lot of our heads over on the Hawks board. He has seriously bounced back from his back injuries and honestly I'd start him at the back up SG position over Bazemore even though Bazemore provides better defense. That back up SG position is completely up for grabs now and wil become an interesting fight for it between Bazemore & Jenkins. As far as Thabo goes..we signed him strictly for defensive purposes and he has been amazing for us on defense during pre-season. IF (and I know it's a big if) Thabo can get his shot back I could see him becoming our starting SF over DeMarre Carroll.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#9 » by Bernman » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:48 pm

OK, maybe it was hyperbole that Jenkins does absolutely nothing for me, after researching the context of his slow start a little more. But he does remind me of Charlie Bell. That's a guy who can be in a rotation in his prime, but doesn't have much upside.

I'd much rather have a fresh prospect I picked myself around the same range the Hawks selected Jenkins. I liked Payne before the draft, so that's why I added him. But if you have an affinity for him already, I'd be fine with the lotto protected pick next year, maybe even deferred to 2016. But no later than that because the Bucks have a fall 2017 arena deadline from the NBA, and we're going to want something to show fans on the court before that in order to ensure there is even a team to root and make all these moves for.
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#10 » by Dcebucks11 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:10 am

i like schroeder and payne much better than knight and henson. no from atl
Bernman
RealGM

Post#11 » by Bernman » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:16 am

Dcebucks11 wrote:i like schroeder and payne much better than knight and henson. no from atl

Reinforcing my belief you are not actually a Bucks' fan as you contend, rather a guy using his name inspired by the Buckeyes to pretend he is one while often trolling their fans.

You know, it would be really easy to change the logos by your name.....if you really wanted to.
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#12 » by Dcebucks11 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:49 pm

Bernman wrote:
Dcebucks11 wrote:i like schroeder and payne much better than knight and henson. no from atl

Reinforcing my belief you are not actually a Bucks' fan as you contend, rather a guy using his name inspired by the Buckeyes to pretend he is one while often trolling their fans.

You know, it would be really easy to change the logos by your name.....if you really wanted to.

:crazy:

Return to Trades and Transactions