Pek to Boston

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 20,784

Pek to Boston 

Post#1 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:57 pm

Boston out: Bass, Faverani, Olynk

Minny out: Pek, Barea, Turiaf

Boston gets a C to pair with Rondo and Sully.

Minnesota opens up time for Dieng and gets a shooter in Olynk to stretch the floor with the athletic wings on the court.

Rondo/Smart/Barea
Bradley/Young/Thorton
Green/Turner/Wallace
Sully
Pek/Zeller/Turiaf

Rubio/Mo
KMart/LaVine/Bazz
Wiggins/Brewer/Glenn III
Thad/Bennett/Bass
Dieng/Olynk
sonictecture
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,081

Re: Pek to Boston 

Post#2 » by sonictecture » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:11 pm

A Pekovic and Sullinger pairing makes Boston very slow in front court transition and both players like to operate in the post so they would really clog up the paint and prevent penetration lanes for Rondo or Smart. I think the overall spacing on offense and guarding perimeter oriented opposing front courts would be an issue.

For Minnesota, they become even more perimeter oriented without improving their defense. I don't think finding minutes for Dieng is a big issue at this point. They can start him at PF or bring him in as the first big man off the bench, there are plenty of minutes available.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,966

Post#3 » by cl2117 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:25 pm

It just doesn't fit with the Minny narrative that they're looking to try and win games now. I'd love to see them just go with an absolute youth movement and let those young guys not only get experience, but try and develop some cohesion as a unit because of how much talent they've amassed, but Flip stuck to his guns with Love and I think he might do the same regarding trying to win some basketball games.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,975

Post#4 » by shrink » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:35 pm

Why all the Pek trades? Every time one gets posted, the MIN fans have said there is no evidence whatsoever that the Wolves want to trade the guy, yet we keep seeing trade after trade with the guy! Does a rationale not matter, or is it something that can be tossed aside because someone else before them did the same thing.

Hey - if OKC wants to trade Durant, I'd trade Ricky and Wiggins for him. Now, OKC fans can say that he's not being traded, but should we expect a dozen more Durant trades on the boards .. Who cares what the OKC fans know about their team?
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,639

Post#5 » by Smitty731 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:54 pm

I'm ok with this for Boston. I don't think Olynyk is ever going to be Pekovic's equal. That is ultimately the deal here, because none of the other pieces really matter going past this season.

shrink wrote:Why all the Pek trades? Every time one gets posted, the MIN fans have said there is no evidence whatsoever that the Wolves want to trade the guy, yet we keep seeing trade after trade with the guy! Does a rationale not matter, or is it something that can be tossed aside because someone else before them did the same thing.

Your point on what the fans think is fair. But I also think it is a fair question to ask if they should trade him. They have Dieng who showed a lot. I'm in the camp that Dieng is not a PF and won't be as successful there. If you aren't contending for a playoff spot, I want to play my young guys and let them develop. From that standpoint, I would consider moving Pekovic.
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#6 » by Golabki » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:08 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Boston out: Bass, Faverani, Olynk

Minny out: Pek, Barea, Turiaf

Boston gets a C to pair with Rondo and Sully.

Minnesota opens up time for Dieng and gets a shooter in Olynk to stretch the floor with the athletic wings on the court.

Rondo/Smart/Barea
Bradley/Young/Thorton
Green/Turner/Wallace
Sully
Pek/Zeller/Turiaf

Rubio/Mo
KMart/LaVine/Bazz
Wiggins/Brewer/Glenn III
Thad/Bennett/Bass
Dieng/Olynk
this would make sense except the team that is stupidly trying to compete despite clearly not having enough talent isn't boston it's minny.

I don't like ok much but there's no reason for bouton to give up anything for a player like pek.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 13,989

Post#7 » by Laimbeer » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:19 pm

I rather have Olynyk at his price and potential than Pek on that contract.

Return to Trades and Transactions