Minnesota goes all in.

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Minnesota goes all in. 

Post#1 » by Mamba4Goat » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:43 am

Min in: Horford, Tyke, Smith, Carroll
Min out: Brewer, Pek, Young, Bud, Bazz, Martin, Barea, 2 Minny future first.

Det in: Young, Barea
Det out: Smith

Atl in: Pek, Brewer, GRIII, 2 Minny future first.
Atl out: Horford, Carroll

NOLA in: Bud, Martin, Bazz, one of the seconds Minny is owed this year.
NOLA out: Tyke

Why for Minnesota? This would give them an additional ball handler in Tyke, and a solid front court that has tons of experience playing together. A team of Rubio-Tyke-Wiggins-Smith-Horford with Mo-Lavine-Carroll-Bennett-Dieng coming off the bench would be a very athletic, interesting team.

Why for Det? Get them a stretch four which they need, as well as a little extra cap space for next year, on top of a nice prospect in Shabazz.

Why for Atl? Give up on Horford and his hurt shoulder in favor of Pek and Brewer.

Why for NOLA? Turn Tyke into a legit SF, and a great sixth man
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Re: Minnesota goes all in. 

Post#2 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:01 am

Boy, that's just not enough for Horford, especially when Carroll already does a lot of what Brewer would do for Atlanta, but cheaper. And they already invested in Thabo to do what Brewer would do.

I'm not sure that a future Minnesota 1st would really convince them to downgrade from Horford to Pekovic. And by "not sure", I'm actually "pretty sure".
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#3 » by Mamba4Goat » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:37 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:Boy, that's just not enough for Horford, especially when Carroll already does a lot of what Brewer would do for Atlanta, but cheaper. And they already invested in Thabo to do what Brewer would do.

I'm not sure that a future Minnesota 1st would really convince them to downgrade from Horford to Pekovic. And by "not sure", I'm actually "pretty sure".

I kept moving around pieces to make it more fair, due to just how much pieces were moving around for quality players. :P I had Phoenix and Dragic in originally instead of Det. However, how'd you rework it to make it a little more fair for Atlanta? And do you think it's good for the others?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:39 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Boy, that's just not enough for Horford, especially when Carroll already does a lot of what Brewer would do for Atlanta, but cheaper. And they already invested in Thabo to do what Brewer would do.

I kept moving around pieces to make it more fair, due to just how much pieces were moving around for quality players. :P I had Phoenix and Dragic in originally instead of Det. However, how'd you rework it to make it a little more fair for Atlanta? And do you think it's good for the others?

It's insanely amazing for Detroit. Expirings and a pick for Smith? Too much. Then, even though Minnesota nets Horford, it's awkward otherwise. Why send out Martin for Tyreke? Why would NO want to swap Tyreke for Martin/Bud? They could get Bud for scraps, if that's all they wanted.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#5 » by Mamba4Goat » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:43 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:

It's insanely amazing for Detroit. Expirings and a pick for Smith? Too much. Then, even though Minnesota nets Horford, it's awkward otherwise. Why send out Martin for Tyreke? Why would NO want to swap Tyreke for Martin/Bud? They could get Bud for scraps, if that's all they wanted.

I edited it a little. Is that better?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:49 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:

I edited it a little. Is that better?

It's better than it was, but it still makes little to no sense for most teams involved and seems like throwing stuff at a wall to see what sticks.

I'm viewing Horford as the key cog to this deal. Think of it this simply; if Atlanta is moving Horford in a rebuilding deal (targeting 2 future 1sts, and GR3 as the "future value"), why on Earth would they waste return value by targeting Pekovic in return? A vet, owed a lot of money? Wouldn't they want....Dieng? And expiring deals? Sure, maybe they can throw a lot of pieces into a deal and in a vacuum, the value adds up....but sometimes, it still doesn't work.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,088

Post#7 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:40 am

One or more of LaVine, Dieng, Bennett would need to be in this to make it work.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,963

Post#8 » by Domejandro » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:56 am

Young cannot be traded with other players. I say no thank you. I am happy with rebuilding stably right now, and keeping the team solid. No interest in trying to do something that would explode in our face. (Absolutely no shooters on our team after this. I kindly pass out of fit more than talent.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,605

Post#9 » by shrink » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:25 pm

Ugh - two unprotected future firsts, and over 60 PPG from MIN? Horford is very good, but he's no NBA superstar.

And this is not the direction MIN is going in - Horford and kids is not "all in."
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Saltine
Lead Assistant
And1: 911

Post#10 » by Saltine » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:33 pm

This is a very weird trade, both Impossible, and nonsensical.

Return to Trades and Transactions