Toronto - Atlanta

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Toronto - Atlanta 

Post#1 » by RonaldArtest » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:58 pm

So I wanted to float this out there. Not saying Al would be on the move, just want to get a gauge of what Hawks fans think of this in a blow up situation.

Horford + Korver

for

Amir Johnson + Terrence Ross + Chuck Hayes + Landry Fields + 2016 NY/Den first round pick

Toronto takes a big gamble and consolidates assets to acquire a star player when healthy, and a great shooter in Kyle.

Atlanta gets back a solid and underrated big in Amir, a nice young 3+D SG in Ross, expirings, and a first that may be late lottery.

I'd be interested in hearing what Atlanta fans think Horford's value is at, and if this deal sparks any interest.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,686

Re: Toronto - Atlanta 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:04 pm

Fields or Hayes + the pick probably doesn't even get you Korver. Then you have Ross, Amir, and another dead weight contract for Horford. Amir's value to a team dealing its best player goes way down especially since its expiring so now it's essentially Ross for Horford.

Not really close in terms of value at all.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#3 » by Hawk Eye » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:13 pm

Here is a thread I created to get a better look at Horfords value. Take a look at this whenever you get the time.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1349877

As far as your trade proposal goes..Yikes.

Horford is one of the top 2 way bigs in the league when healthy. Korver is the best sniper in the NBA and shot 47% from the arc last season and has improved every single season thus far. So basically this trade doesn't get it done at all man.
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#4 » by Golabki » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:20 pm

I agree with posters saying this is not nearly enough for Horford.

But... the idea of Horford to Toronto kind of makes makes sense in the sense Atlanta might decide to blow it up and Toronto might go all in on a chance to get Horford.

Just add 2 or 3 unprotected firsts.
Jaseface
Banned User
And1: 81

Post#5 » by Jaseface » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:24 am

This is vomit-worthy for ATL. They give up the best two players in the deal, and yet they still have to swallow Fields' contract?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,048

Post#6 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:27 am

Honestly, if you want Horford AND Korver, it'd likely take 3, or maybe all 4, of Ross, Caboclo, Bebe Noguiera, and 1sts.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,870

Post#7 » by nykballa2k4 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:48 am

PMOTT3 wrote:Here is a thread I created to get a better look at Horfords value. Take a look at this whenever you get the time.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1349877

As far as your trade proposal goes..Yikes.

Horford is one of the top 2 way bigs in the league when healthy. Korver is the best sniper in the NBA and shot 47% from the arc last season and has improved every single season thus far. So basically this trade doesn't get it done at all man.

Korvers value is not just that he is "The best shooter" its that he is a known great shooter who doesn't get abused like Rihanna on defense.

What if the original deal were altered removing Korver and Fields?
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#8 » by RonaldArtest » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:56 am

Ok, thanks for the constructive feedback folks.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,173

Post#9 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:16 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:Honestly, if you want Horford AND Korver, it'd likely take 3, or maybe all 4, of Ross, Caboclo, Bebe Noguiera, and 1sts.

Value is there but I doubt Toronto wants to blow up their core for just Horford and Korver. I mean 4 very good young pieces and firsts is to steep. Is a team of Lowry/DeRozan/Korver/Horford/Jonas Valanciunas and no bench going to win a ring?
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 367

Post#10 » by Xman » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:51 pm

Horford would cost more than this deal. Korver has some positive value for ATL - just like Teague. Yes, they are both paid well but they still contribute solid minutes - just not like Horford.
I think Horford costs picks and prospects - and probably some nice picks.

Phoenix could offer some nice picks. Boston picks would be really nice also.

On a side note - noticing how a few teams have multiple 2nd round picks (Houston, Boston, ATL, Utah).
If ATL did a rebuild - it would be hilarious how many 2nds they could end up with (in addition to firsts).

Horford to Utah for Exum (or Kanter if Utah adds a couple of firsts) and 7 2nd rounders (just ones owed to Utah over 3 years).
Teague to Hou for TE and 7 2nd rounders over next three years.
Korver to Houston for Papanik, Capela, Motie and NO first.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:02 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:Honestly, if you want Horford AND Korver, it'd likely take 3, or maybe all 4, of Ross, Caboclo, Bebe Noguiera, and 1sts.

Value is there but I doubt Toronto wants to blow up their core for just Horford and Korver. I mean 4 very good young pieces and firsts is to steep. Is a team of Lowry/DeRozan/Korver/Horford/Jonas Valanciunas and no bench going to win a ring?

Is Bruno, Bebe, and future 1sts going to win you a ring this year as the centerpiece of your bench? I get what you're saying, but Bruno and Bebe are still big unknowns. Really hard to just assume their very good young pieces not worth trading for a top big man and the best sharpshooter in the league.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:04 pm

Xman wrote:On a side note - noticing how a few teams have multiple 2nd round picks (Houston, Boston, ATL, Utah).
If ATL did a rebuild - it would be hilarious how many 2nds they could end up with (in addition to firsts).

Excuse me....Philly already has that market sewn up, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

:wink:
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,487

Post#13 » by dms269 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:42 am

Atlanta just dumped Bebe, it's not like he has positive value for Atlanta to want him back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using RealGM Forums mobile app
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#14 » by dms269 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:38 pm

Xman wrote:Horford would cost more than this deal. Korver has some positive value for ATL - just like Teague. Yes, they are both paid well but they still contribute solid minutes - just not like Horford.
I think Horford costs picks and prospects - and probably some nice picks.

Phoenix could offer some nice picks. Boston picks would be really nice also.

On a side note - noticing how a few teams have multiple 2nd round picks (Houston, Boston, ATL, Utah).

Horford to Utah for Exum (or Kanter if Utah adds a couple of firsts) and 7 2nd rounders (just ones owed to Utah over 3 years).
Teague to Hou for TE and 7 2nd rounders over next three years.
Korver to Houston for Papanik, Capela, Motie and NO first.

Houston wouldn't be able to get Teague for pure 2nds. He might not be a star but he is a solid starting pg who isn't paid a ton.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,173

Post#15 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:49 pm

uga_dawgs24 wrote:

Atlanta just dumped Bebe, it's not like he has positive value for Atlanta to want him back.

You dumped him to dump salary top try to be a player for a free agent in my opinion or that Lou was a bad fit somewhere in your organization ie locker room, bench or clashing with players or staff. Bebe has upside as a shotblocker and average to above average rebounder. Plus I think per CBA rules he can't be (Please Use More Appropriate Word) to your team anyways.

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:

Is Bruno, Bebe, and future 1sts going to win you a ring this year as the centerpiece of your bench? I get what you're saying, but Bruno and Bebe are still big unknowns. Really hard to just assume their very good young pieces not worth trading for a top big man and the best sharpshooter in the league.

Well Horford is also a mystery is he going to play more then half to 2/3 if the season? When healthy he is a elite 2 way player in terms of value but if he doesn't work out you sold most of your young talent just to rent him that is the risk I am not willing to take.

I think The Hawks will find a better deal out there with some team majorly overpaying to get him
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

Post#16 » by goober » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:06 pm

Xman wrote:

No thanks, rather stick it out with our current roster
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#17 » by dms269 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:48 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
uga_dawgs24 wrote:

You dumped him to dump salary top try to be a player for a free agent in my opinion or that Lou was a bad fit somewhere in your organization ie locker room, bench or clashing with players or staff. Bebe has upside as a shotblocker and average to above average rebounder. Plus I think per CBA rules he can't be (Please Use More Appropriate Word) to your team anyways.

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:

Well Horford is also a mystery is he going to play more then half to 2/3 if the season? When healthy he is a elite 2 way player in terms of value but if he doesn't work out you sold most of your young talent just to rent him that is the risk I am not willing to take.

I think The Hawks will find a better deal out there with some team majorly overpaying to get him

They did use him to try and dump Lou's salary, but his was only a 1 year deal. If he had great value they would have been able to get more in terms of value or wouldn't be forced to trade him.

Plus while Lou was a bit unhappy with his role, the rumor was that Bebe was lazy and wasn't really listening to his coaches overseas (the putting on weight and then getting injured). Atlanta is a heavy Euro recruiter, that bad press wasn't going to be good.

Return to Trades and Transactions