Warriors and Bucks - Zaza to the Bay

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

stjf
Junior
And1: 133

Re: Warriors and Bucks - Zaza to the Bay 

Post#21 » by stjf » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:44 pm

giberish wrote:True, I'd rather GS add a PF/C who could cover minutes at either position in case of emergency (Jason Thompson could be had in a similar deal). Sitll, C is the bigger need. Bogut and Ezeli are both injury-prone while Kuzmic and Speights (at PF or C) are garbage-time only options (I really don't see how anyone thinks they're acceptable options for real minutes). At PF, if needed, GS could just run Barnes for backup minutes if Green or Lee are out.

When does a guy become classified as injury prone? Ezeli played 121 of 133 games in four years of college; he played 78 of 82 regular season games and 12 post season games his NBA rookie year. He missed all of last year rehabbing from one injury.

Zaza was out from early December and to early February in the 2012-13 season. Last year he went out in March and didn't play another game. Zaza has played a combined 105 games over the last two years. For comparison, Andrew Bogut has played 99 regular season games and 12 playoff games for a total of 111.
Darren_Errman
Senior
And1: 265

Post#22 » by Darren_Errman » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:35 pm

Zaza sucks.

Speights sucks.

Kuzmic sucks.

2nd round draft picks most likely suck.

But I rather draft a couple kids and test Jerry West's ability to find diamonds in the rough than to sign a bunch of paperwork for Zaza.

Draymond Green was a 2nd round pick. Ezeli was the last pick of the 1st round. Both have turned out aight. With veteran salaries going up, filling the pipeline with cheap rookies will be even more important.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#23 » by turk3d » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:17 pm

giberish wrote:
turk3d wrote:
damecurry wrote:This is interesting actually. It's listed as TO on basketball-reference, shamsports has not been updated since july so I don't trust it and have been using spotrac.com, like many other posters here, but that lists it a s a PO, so now I'm filled with doubt.

In any case I'd straight flip speights for zaza but wouldn't consider adding any value, they're pretty darn similar players to me.

I'd probably do it too if it were straight up, that is if Ezeli was still on the injured list and Kuzmic didn't impress during Preseason. But since that's not the case, I'd probably pass at this point. Even though the value is fair, we need Speights more @ PF (who can play Center in a pinch) more than we need a Center now with Bogut, Ezeli and Kuzmic. I don't think we'd want to carry 4 Centers as none of them would be able to play a decent PF imo. They're barely decent at Center (with the exception of Bogut).

True, I'd rather GS add a PF/C who could cover minutes at either position in case of emergency (Jason Thompson could be had in a similar deal). Sitll, C is the bigger need. Bogut and Ezeli are both injury-prone while Kuzmic and Speights (at PF or C) are garbage-time only options (I really don't see how anyone thinks they're acceptable options for real minutes). At PF, if needed, GS could just run Barnes for backup minutes if Green or Lee are out.

Yeah, butI'm not too sure about Zaza these days though. I used to like him, but I think he's maybe deteriorated somewhat so probably no longer interested.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Post#24 » by azwfan » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:18 am

damecurry wrote:
giberish wrote:
damecurry wrote:It is listed as a po on spotrac.com....

Who?

It was reported as a team option when signed. Sham has it as a team option. It's a team option.

This is interesting actually. It's listed as TO on basketball-reference, shamsports has not been updated since july so I don't trust it and have been using spotrac.com, like many other posters here, but that lists it a s a PO, so now I'm filled with doubt.

In any case I'd straight flip speights for zaza but wouldn't consider adding any value, they're pretty darn similar players to me.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94739 ... e-speights
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Post#25 » by azwfan » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:21 am

I'm no Speights fan, but i don't accept this offer unless Ezeli gets injured again.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#26 » by Coxy » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:31 am

I'm fine with rolling with Ezeli as our backup C, and Speights as a bit part backup PF/C, rather than giving up more valuable player and pick assets for Zaza.

No deal.
californiadude
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#27 » by californiadude » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:31 pm

I'd rather play ezeli than zaza anyway. I'd probably do Mo Speights (who might as well be expiring since it's a team option) for Zaza but I wouldn't give up the seconds just not worth it.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#28 » by old rem » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:08 pm

Speights is more versatile, durable..cheaper. All Zaza ever was good at is scoring (somewhat)...and Mo Speights is better at that. Even were I one of the Speights haters...I sure don't give Kuzmic and picks on top of a no win deal.
CENSORED... No comment.
timlin500
Starter
And1: 124

Post#29 » by timlin500 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:13 pm

It's Draymond Green not Greene. You also completely left out Festus Ezeli in our line up.

Return to Trades and Transactions