J.R. Smith (by himself) for any one

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

J.R. Smith (by himself) for any one 

Post#1 » by sportscrazy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:49 pm

Who makes the deal and for what? No added incentive from NY, but you can literally offer ANY player in return.
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,119

Re: J.R. Smith (by himself) for any one 

Post#2 » by jbk1234 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:54 pm

Maybe the Kings for Landry?

Boston for Wallace?

Nets for Jarrett Jack?
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
skflives
Banned User
And1: 281

Post#3 » by skflives » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:01 pm

I wouldn't mind Jason Thompson.
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,004

Post#4 » by Rockazoids » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:50 pm

jbk1234 wrote:Maybe the Kings for Landry?

Boston for Wallace?

Nets for Jarrett Jack?

Why would they want 3yrs of Landry $6.5 M when they get the same form Acy for $9 K?
Why would NY trade a $6 M 1yr &(PO)JR for a $10 M 2yrs of Wallace?
Why would want 3yrs of Jack with Calderon on board for 3yr?
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
sportscrazy
General Manager

Post#5 » by sportscrazy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:05 am

Rockazoids wrote:

Boston for Wallace?

Nets for Jarrett Jack?

Why would they want 3yrs of Landry $6.5 M when they get the same form Acy for $9 K?

To be fair, I as the OP said any one. I could see Landry being a deal they take if and only if, the Knicks find that J.R. is not taking to the triangle offense and his selfishness and low basketball IQ is making it harder for the system to run for the other players while still being a bad seed off the court. Addition by subtraction in the biggest way.
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
Grover
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#6 » by Grover » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:06 am

JR's a painintheass and a coaches nightmare but will be relatively easy to trade before the deadline for he is a shooter who can create his own shot and defend. He will also opt out if he's not injured on ego alone. My list begins with Jerbko, Prince and Scola as I don't see Jackson panicking and accepting anything more than a expiring.
sportscrazy
General Manager

Post#7 » by sportscrazy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:10 am

Grover wrote:JR's a painintheass and a coaches nightmare but will be relatively easy to trade before the deadline for he is a shooter who can create his own shot and defend. He will also opt out if he's not injured on ego alone. My list begins with Jerbko, Prince and Scola as I don't see Jackson panicking and accepting anything more than a expiring.

Maybe Jerebko? Prince I don't see because the Grizzlies won't help the Knicks create more cap space when their rumored favorite target is the Grizzlies' current starting center. Scola I don't see because the Pacers just played this game with Lance Stephenson.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,119

Post#8 » by jbk1234 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:18 am

Rockazoids wrote:

Boston for Wallace?

Nets for Jarrett Jack?

The question was what players NY could get for JR straight up - without incentive. I answered the question. I'm sorry you don't like the answer.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
CBFAlex
Rookie
And1: 69

Post#9 » by CBFAlex » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:12 am

Smith gets a bad rap hes still a solid prayer, that being said wing scorer are a dime a dozen, so I don't see much of a market for him
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,004

Post#10 » by Rockazoids » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:18 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Rockazoids wrote:

Boston for Wallace?

Nets for Jarrett Jack?

The question was what players NY could get for JR straight up - without incentive. I answered the question. I'm sorry you don't like the answer.

PJ has not made a dum move yet so why would he do any of them 3 ? NY would do better to cut JR that trade for any of them 3.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
CBFAlex
Rookie
And1: 69

Post#11 » by CBFAlex » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:43 am

Rockazoids wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Rockazoids wrote:Why would they want 3yrs of Landry $6.5 M when they get the same form Acy for $9 K?

PJ has not made a dum move yet so why would he do any of them 3 ? NY would do better to cut JR that trade for any of them 3.

Jury is still out on that, we will see how much they miss chandler
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#12 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:13 pm

Rockazoids wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Rockazoids wrote:Why would they want 3yrs of Landry $6.5 M when they get the same form Acy for $9 K?

If Dolan really doesn't care at all about money as everyone insisted on here, then Phil blew some minor assets for nothing. :)

In terms of the a Smith trade, the possibilities are a lot more money (and I don't think Landry is possible at all), or zero production types.

So, if you are ruling out taking on the money, the best bet is Detroit and the Knicks are each heading in opposite directions, and SVG feels like he can handle the baggage of a Smith for Jerebko swap.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#13 » by jwise44 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:39 pm

Still think houston should trade for him if it's straight expirings and we maybe get a 2nd rounder back

I think jr will opt out next year if he comes here and the would be our best bench player for the season
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,011

Post#14 » by R-DAWG » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:13 pm

CBFAlex wrote:Smith gets a bad rap hes still a solid prayer, that being said wing scorer are a dime a dozen, so I don't see much of a market for him

A) his contract is on par with guys that are similar players to him - Mayo, Lou Williams, Swaggy P, ect
B) he most likely will be the most talented wing scorer available at the deadline without a team needing to give up an asset
C) on a team with strong leadership where JR can play a limited role off the bench he can be a very effective player

I think the teams could be interested would be:
OKC - never replaced Harden's offense and if Jeremy Lamb continues to struggle and Anthony Morrow continues to be in and out of the lineup JR might be a nice addition in a limited role
Miami - could use extra fire power especially if Wade continues to be in and out of the lineup. Strong organization
Chicago - could use an extra shot creator and some athleticism on the perimeter. Thibs can keep him in check.
Indiana - they lack talent and assets, but if they think they are close to a playoff run JR might be an upgrade

That's just a few examples.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,535

Post#15 » by HornetJail » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:23 pm

I don't see New York being interested in any single-player offers that they receive. Nobody wants him and the only teams that trade for him will be the ones hoping to offload a contract. There are very few players in his price range that are more talented, but at the same time, there are few others that can disrupt you on and off the floor. Without attaching an asset or taking back a worse contract, I highly doubt there is much the Knicks can do with him.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,525

Post#16 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:33 pm

R-DAWG wrote:
CBFAlex wrote:Smith gets a bad rap hes still a solid prayer, that being said wing scorer are a dime a dozen, so I don't see much of a market for him

A) his contract is on par with guys that are similar players to him - Mayo, Lou Williams, Swaggy P, ect
B) he most likely will be the most talented wing scorer available at the deadline without a team needing to give up an asset
C) on a team with strong leadership where JR can play a limited role off the bench he can be a very effective player

OKC - never replaced Harden's offense and if Jeremy Lamb continues to struggle and Anthony Morrow continues to be in and out of the lineup JR might be a nice addition in a limited role
Miami - could use extra fire power especially if Wade continues to be in and out of the lineup. Strong organization
Chicago - could use an extra shot creator and some athleticism on the perimeter. Thibs can keep him in check.
Indiana - they lack talent and assets, but if they think they are close to a playoff run JR might be an upgrade

Indy seems to me one of the least likely landing spots by far.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Post#17 » by blind prophet » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:39 pm

I'd give you either Thompson or Landry for him.

Or Williams who expires, with a heavily protected future first coming back like top 15 protected.
Jaseface
Banned User
And1: 81

Post#18 » by Jaseface » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:02 pm

R-DAWG wrote:Chicago - could use an extra shot creator and some athleticism on the perimeter. Thibs can keep him in check.

The Bulls HAD Smith. New Orleans traded Smith to Chicago, who then immediately sent him to Denver. So the Bulls didn't want him then, and he has proven to be an even bigger knucklehead since then.
Boarder Patrol
Head Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#19 » by Boarder Patrol » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:19 pm

jwise44 wrote:Still think houston should trade for him if it's straight expirings and we maybe get a 2nd rounder back

I think jr will opt out next year if he comes here and the would be our best bench player for the season

Would give you Shane Larkin?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,059

Post#20 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:51 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:
R-DAWG wrote:

Indy seems to me one of the least likely landing spots by far.

A-yup. You're so right. We just played this game with Lance, and didn't like it. We won't want to play it with JR. Lance at least had youth, and the ability to say the right things and the concept that he'd fit under the veteran leaders like West/Rasual Butler, etc. Smith is simply out and out about who he is, and doesn't give a crap. He'll do what he wants.

Return to Trades and Transactions