DET/LAL/DAL too early?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

GSR121
Junior
And1: 34

DET/LAL/DAL too early? 

Post#1 » by GSR121 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:50 am

Rumors are that Lakers are interested in trading Nash. I am not sure if LA is looking to acquire future assets (young players/draft picks) or immediate help. Detroit is in rebuild mode (still), but with SVG running the show it looks like they finally have some kind of plan. The Mavs ar looking to win it all. Not sure if this is something ANY of the teams are looking to do but any way...

DET out: Jennings and Jerebko

Det in: Nash and Felton

LAL out: Nash

LAL in: Jennings

DAL out: Felton

DAL in Jerebko.

Why for DET? Cap room space for next off season. Pistons are going no place this year. This trade changes none of that but gives them options next season to fill the glaring need for a starting Small forward. Felton is because of a lack of PG depth after the trade.

Why for LAL? The Lakers are thin on talent and are NOT used to being this bad. Jennings is a proven (but inefficient) scorer. Used as a back up PG/sixth man I think is the best use of him. This is if they are looking for help this season. Jennings is also a exp contract next season. I am unsure what the value of a expiring deal like Nash is worth right now. LA very well might get more than this later in the season from a team looking for cap space.

Why for DAL? Felton is no longer necessary with the acquisition of Berea. Jerebko is a hustle guy that can play spot min. at both forward positions and is an expiring deal.

Again, I am not sure if this is enough for the Lakers or what the teams plans are. If not what do you think the Lakers can expect from a trade?
coolness
Analyst
And1: 303

Re: DET/LAL/DAL too early? 

Post#2 » by coolness » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:27 am

If LAL would accept that, then it could be a straight-up trade without Dallas. Detroit could then sign a min pg to replace the injured Nash.
Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,478

Post#3 » by Karmaloop » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:39 am

coolness wrote:If LAL would accept that, then it could be a straight-up trade without Dallas. Detroit could then sign a min pg to replace the injured Nash.

Don't worry, the Lakers wouldn't do Nash dirty. A straight-up trade of Nash for Jennings doesn't make sense, since the Lakers get immediate cap relief this offseason as opposed to have to waiting another year for it. Secondly, this is the first year in a while when I think the chemistry in the locker room isn't going to be a complete joke. Jennings doesn't help that.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,707

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:38 am

Dallas would certainly do Felton for a worthless expiring, but this deal makes little sense for the Lakers
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#5 » by LApwnd » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:49 pm

thin on talent but we add a chucking inefficient overpaid guy Jennings? no thanks....I'll counter with this

Nash/Hill
for
Jenning/Monroe

Det clears Jennings contract and we get a possible long term pairing of Randle/Monroe
coolness
Analyst
And1: 303

Post#6 » by coolness » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:21 pm

LApwnd wrote:thin on talent but we add a chucking inefficient overpaid guy Jennings? no thanks....I'll counter with this

Nash/Hill
for
Jenning/Monroe

Det clears Jennings contract and we get a possible long term pairing of Randle/Monroe

Nice idea, but I don't think Detroit ends up doing it.

Return to Trades and Transactions