Post Your Trade Offers for Andre Iguodala Here

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

californiadude
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Re: Post Your Trade Offers for Andre Iguodala Here 

Post#141 » by californiadude » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:41 am

ChuckDurn wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
californiadude wrote:
This is more like it. Pretty much how I feel except it's 10 times more eloquent/clear cut than I could ever hope to write

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nba/1049/andre-iguodala
There is an "internal debate" about the best way to use Andre Iguodala (knee tendinitis) this season, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
Per the SF Chronicle, "there's internal debate about whether it’s better to play Iguodala about 25 minutes per game 75 times or about 35 minutes per game 50 times." Iguodala is expected to begin the season in a sixth man role behind Harrison Barnes, but he's been lukewarm about embracing the role so far.

With that bolded part the best deal I can think of is Iguodala for McGee.

Everyone in GS knows Bogut and/or lee will be injured come playoff time. McGee can fill a need at center.

If McGee is not to anyone's liking, then GS can use the Simmons deal as part of it where McGee goes to BOS and maybe instead of picks being involved(CLE pick) BOS can send one of their guys that does not project into being a starter (looking at you Kelly or Zeller) or maybe a combo deal (Faverini, Bass)
here it is in the checker:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lnds2r8
I could see GS adding a pick to sweeten the pot for BOS but overall seems about right. If boston wants McGee they want to play him. Only one of Zeller/Kelly is going to get playing time other than that.

Let me get this straight..... the Warriors would trade Iguodala and a draft pick, to get Gerald Wallace and Olynyk?

Doubtful.

Not only that but I doubt Denver's going to want iggy back after Karl called him a rat.
ANDW3LOVEKYRIE
Banned User
And1: 84

Post#142 » by ANDW3LOVEKYRIE » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:45 am

How about Dion Waiters, the 2015 Memphis Pick, Joe Harris, and a 2016 2nd Rounder for Iggy?
californiadude
Sixth Man

Post#143 » by californiadude » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:25 am

ANDW3LOVEKYRIE wrote:How about Dion Waiters, the 2015 Memphis Pick, Joe Harris, and a 2016 2nd Rounder for Iggy?

Throw in a 2014 pick swap so we can get the 29th pick when we kick your butt in the finals and I agree. :nod:....
Just kidding. In all seriousness I probably do that deal. That pick could hold some value because if I remember correctly, Cleveland was smart and did the Darryl Morry style protection (15-30 and top 5 protections with the protections slowly leaking until it's unprotected). If Gasol leaves in 2016 it makes things interesting on that front and as I mentioned earlier in this thread GSW apparently made Waiters a promise that he wouldn't fall past them in the 2012 draft so they at least used to like him.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,870

Post#144 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:28 am

ChuckDurn wrote:Let me get this straight..... the Warriors would trade Iguodala and a draft pick, to get Gerald Wallace and Olynyk?

Doubtful.

Hypothetically sure.

Let's say Warriors give up their 1st round pick this season.
Depth chart for GS now looks like:
Bogut/Olnyk/Festivus ForTheRestOfUs(if you don't get the refernce look it up)
Lee/Speights
Barnes/Green/Wallace
Klay/Barbosa
Curry/Livingston

This deal may be seen as a short term-loss but Kelly will likely be better than anyone GS will draft at 26+. Olnyk will also provide spacing/shooting which is important for Kerr's offense. It also helps hedge for injury to one of the bigs.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,761

Post#145 » by Case2012 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:42 am

Anyone of Portlands bench that isnt Blake or Kaman?

Thomas Robinson still has potential, and dorell wright had some good seasons in Oakland. We'd probably need to add a few players to make it work on the money end.

Trob, Wright, CJ, and Leonard for Iggy?

Portland lets Freeland go to the full time back up pf spot, Iggy fills both the wing spots at sg and sf, with Barton getting minutes there too.

Lillard Blake
Matthews Iggy Barton
Batum Iggy Crabbe
LMA Freeland
Lopez Kaman

Curry Barbosa Livingston CJ
Klay CJ
Barnes Wright Green
Lee Green Speights Trob
Bogut Ezeli Leonard

GS loads up on lottery picks with potential to be good role players if given a more consistent role.
Instagram: @casetwelve
californiadude
Sixth Man

Post#146 » by californiadude » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:06 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:Let me get this straight..... the Warriors would trade Iguodala and a draft pick, to get Gerald Wallace and Olynyk?

Doubtful.

Hypothetically sure.

Lee/Speights
Barnes/Green/Wallace
Klay/Barbosa
Curry/Livingston

This deal may be seen as a short term-loss but Kelly will likely be better than anyone GS will draft at 26+. Olnyk will also provide spacing/shooting which is important for Kerr's offense. It also helps hedge for injury to one of the bigs.

I like Olynyc but there's no way I do that deal as is let alone give up a first rounder, I'd rather keep Iggy and take my chances for now.
Saul Goodman
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,363

Post#147 » by Saul Goodman » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:38 am

I wonder would the Cavs do Tristan/Waiters for Iggy/Ezeli

Irving
Iggy
Lebron
Love
Andy
2016 GMAT Blazers

Howard/Nene/
Griffin/M.Leonard/T.Jones
Porter/Marc.Morris/J.Johnson
McCollum/Stauskas/Thompson/Seldon
Lillard/Bayless/DeColo
ANDW3LOVEKYRIE
Banned User
And1: 84

Post#148 » by ANDW3LOVEKYRIE » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:50 am

Saul Goodman wrote:I wonder would the Cavs do Tristan/Waiters for Iggy/Ezeli

Irving
Iggy
Lebron
Love
Andy

Hmmm…I'd think long and hard about that. Don't really have any interest in Ezeli but I do want Iggy.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,091

Post#149 » by Dat2U » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:42 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
Chuck Texas wrote:Is Iggy even available? Was he really just a Mark Jackson guy and now the team wants to move him? They went to a lot of effort to clear the space to sign him last year and he played well for them.

I'd love him in Dallas if there was a team who wanted Monta that could send something to Golden State.

There's a whole contingent of Warriors fans who look exclusively at box score stats like PPG to determine player value who want Igoudala gone. These fans also deride things like TS%, Win Shares, RAPM, etc as "secret stats" and show no interest in trying to reconcile where the eyeball test and the stats test meet halfway. As such, Igoudala has become a huge scapegoat for Warriors fans who quantify the game of basketball through PPG.

Igoudala hasn't been scoring very much and I think he's incredibly ill-suited to the sixth man role. I am a big fan of what Steve Kerr has done so far, but starting Barnes has put Igoudala and Shaun Livingston on the floor for long periods of times and that this point in their career, they have very redundant skillsets, mostly as defenders and facilitators. Igoudala's ideal role should be starting and roaming as a kind of free-safety on defense and playing as the secondary ball-handler to take some pressure off of Steph and Klay to create. Livingston should be running the second unit and should see minutes with Curry/Thompson whenever Igoudala is subbed out.

Until Igoudala or Livingiston goes back into the starting lineup, both players are going to look very poor this year as they overlap and aren't exactly off the dribble shooting threats.

That said, I'd be open to trading either one of Livingston or Igoudala, if the price is right and the price brings back a legitimate bench scorer, a high quality 3+D player, or a few three point gunners. Personally, I would prefer to keep Igoudala and simply separate his and Livingston's minutes in order to preserve the Warriors' spacing and to keep the defense up.

As an outside observer of the Warriors, I completely agree with your analysis. Iggy needs to start. The trio of Curry, Thompson & Iggy dominated the competition last year. I understand Kerr's desire to develop Harrison Barnes but if it ain't broke, why fix it?
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#150 » by ChuckDurn » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:34 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:

Doubtful.

Hypothetically sure.

Lee/Speights
Barnes/Green/Wallace
Klay/Barbosa
Curry/Livingston

I agree that Olynyk is better than what the Warriors would expect to get at a late first round pick.

However, the implied second part of this is that Iguodala is only slightly better than Wallace (who you acknowledge is no better than third string). You don't really mention that, and it's the flawed part of the proposal. Even after a rough 8-game start, I don't think there's any way that Iguodala's value is that low (even despite his contract).
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#151 » by ChuckDurn » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:47 pm

Dat2U wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:
Chuck Texas wrote:Is Iggy even available? Was he really just a Mark Jackson guy and now the team wants to move him? They went to a lot of effort to clear the space to sign him last year and he played well for them.

I'd love him in Dallas if there was a team who wanted Monta that could send something to Golden State.

There's a whole contingent of Warriors fans who look exclusively at box score stats like PPG to determine player value who want Igoudala gone. These fans also deride things like TS%, Win Shares, RAPM, etc as "secret stats" and show no interest in trying to reconcile where the eyeball test and the stats test meet halfway. As such, Igoudala has become a huge scapegoat for Warriors fans who quantify the game of basketball through PPG.

Igoudala hasn't been scoring very much and I think he's incredibly ill-suited to the sixth man role. I am a big fan of what Steve Kerr has done so far, but starting Barnes has put Igoudala and Shaun Livingston on the floor for long periods of times and that this point in their career, they have very redundant skillsets, mostly as defenders and facilitators. Igoudala's ideal role should be starting and roaming as a kind of free-safety on defense and playing as the secondary ball-handler to take some pressure off of Steph and Klay to create. Livingston should be running the second unit and should see minutes with Curry/Thompson whenever Igoudala is subbed out.

Until Igoudala or Livingiston goes back into the starting lineup, both players are going to look very poor this year as they overlap and aren't exactly off the dribble shooting threats.

That said, I'd be open to trading either one of Livingston or Igoudala, if the price is right and the price brings back a legitimate bench scorer, a high quality 3+D player, or a few three point gunners. Personally, I would prefer to keep Igoudala and simply separate his and Livingston's minutes in order to preserve the Warriors' spacing and to keep the defense up.

As an outside observer of the Warriors, I completely agree with your analysis. Iggy needs to start. The trio of Curry, Thompson & Iggy dominated the competition last year. I understand Kerr's desire to develop Harrison Barnes but if it ain't broke, why fix it?

Yep. In fact, it seems pretty clear that Barnes is performing more efficiently in this year's offense, and with a good facilitator like Livingston on the second team, his drop-off in going to the second team would be much less than it would have been under the previous offensive approach.

Iguodala is a perfect fit on the court with Curry, Thompson, and Lee (along with Bogut), there's a reason that group did so well last year - their skills complement each other really well. But he's not a great fit playing most of his minutes with guys who don't have the offensive capabilities of the first 3 guys I noted, and then asking Iguodala to compensate. I think that's where his frustration is right now.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#152 » by old rem » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:26 am

dorkestra wrote:How about Iggy to Portland for Wes Matthews and Thomas Robinson (both expiring, but able to contribute this year as well).

SOLD. Would you like the festive gift wrap...or a plain sack?
CENSORED... No comment.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#153 » by RoyalMajesty » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:28 pm

old rem wrote:
dorkestra wrote:How about Iggy to Portland for Wes Matthews and Thomas Robinson (both expiring, but able to contribute this year as well).

SOLD. Would you like the festive gift wrap...or a plain sack?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Money23Green
Banned User
And1: 51

Post#154 » by Money23Green » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:35 pm

ANDW3LOVEKYRIE wrote:

Irving
Iggy
Lebron
Love
Andy

Hmmm…I'd think long and hard about that. Don't really have any interest in Ezeli but I do want Iggy.

Ezeli is a good defensive back-up Center, space eater.

You guys should definitely use him 10-15mpg.

I think its a good trade and makes both teams better, because cavs need more defense and gsw need more offense. And iguodala is a much better facilitator than waiters. They need someone like him desperetely.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#155 » by RoyalMajesty » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:38 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:
Dat2U wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:

Yep. In fact, it seems pretty clear that Barnes is performing more efficiently in this year's offense, and with a good facilitator like Livingston on the second team, his drop-off in going to the second team would be much less than it would have been under the previous offensive approach.

Iguodala is a perfect fit on the court with Curry, Thompson, and Lee (along with Bogut), there's a reason that group did so well last year - their skills complement each other really well. But he's not a great fit playing most of his minutes with guys who don't have the offensive capabilities of the first 3 guys I noted, and then asking Iguodala to compensate. I think that's where his frustration is right now.

Then move Shaun Livingston for a PG that can score and can also shoot to make Princess Iguodala happy. Princess Iguodala will then have another scorer at PG, already got a scorer in Leandro Barbosa at SG, and possibly, a David Lee who's also a very efficient 18 to 20 and 10 scorer at PF all coming off the bench. That's three scorers for Princess Iguodala to play with off the bench and for all the Iguodala's fans to stop with the excuses. Everybody can't play with Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#156 » by RoyalMajesty » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:42 pm

Money23Green wrote:
ANDW3LOVEKYRIE wrote:

Irving
Iggy
Lebron
Love
Andy

I think its a good trade and makes both teams better, because cavs need more defense and gsw need more offense. And iguodala is a much better facilitator than waiters. They need someone like him desperetely.

We already have David Lee and Draymond Green at PF. Plus, Festus Ezeli is still on his rookie contract. Tristan Thompson is demanding a big contract, which he don't deserve. I rather pass on that and focus more on resigning Draymond Green and maybe sign LeBron James next season :wink: :lol:
Money23Green
Banned User

Post#157 » by Money23Green » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:55 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:
Money23Green wrote:
ANDW3LOVEKYRIE wrote:Hmmm…I'd think long and hard about that. Don't really have any interest in Ezeli but I do want Iggy.

We already have David Lee and Draymond Green at PF. Plus, Festus Ezeli is still on his rookie contract. Tristan Thompson is demanding a big contract, which he don't deserve. I rather pass on that and focus more on resigning Draymond Green and maybe sign LeBron James next season :wink: :lol:

Who cares? Thompson can play back-up c and is a beast on offensive boards(something we lack). Waiters can score 15-20pts any given night easily from the bench like Jamal Crawfrd(something we lack).

I'd rather pay the tax for young , skilled players than let gerald wallace oops I mean andre iguodala kill our cap for the next 2, 3 years!!! :nonono:

Curry/Livingston
Thompson/Waiters
Barnes/
Lee/Green
Bogut/Thompson

Championship :wink:
californiadude
Sixth Man

Post#158 » by californiadude » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:29 pm

Money23Green wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:
Money23Green wrote:Ezeli is a good defensive back-up Center, space eater.

Who cares? Thompson can play back-up c and is a beast on offensive boards(something we lack). Waiters can score 15-20pts any given night easily from the bench like Jamal Crawfrd(something we lack).

I'd rather pay the tax for young , skilled players than let gerald wallace oops I mean andre iguodala kill our cap for the next 2, 3 years!!! :nonono:

Curry/Livingston
Thompson/Waiters
Barnes/
Lee/Green
Bogut/Thompson

It also leaves us with just 1 above average defender in the frontcourt.
Money23Green
Banned User

Post#159 » by Money23Green » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:52 pm

californiadude wrote:
Money23Green wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:

Curry/Livingston
Thompson/Waiters
Barnes/
Lee/Green
Bogut/Thompson

Lol you act like losing 10-12 min from ezeli gonna mean much.

And what is draymond? Last time I checked he's a pf and can shut down griffin and lamarcus better than just about any pf in the league.

Our closing lineup

Curry
Klay
Barnes
Green
Bogut

3 elite + 2 average/above average defenders.

Defense never have been a problem for this team, do you get it?
californiadude
Sixth Man

Post#160 » by californiadude » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:00 pm

Money23Green wrote:
californiadude wrote:
Money23Green wrote:Who cares? Thompson can play back-up c and is a beast on offensive boards(something we lack). Waiters can score 15-20pts any given night easily from the bench like Jamal Crawfrd(something we lack).

Curry/Livingston
Thompson/Waiters
Barnes/
Lee/Green
Bogut/Thompson

Lol you act like losing 10-12 min from ezeli gonna mean much.

And what is draymond? Last time I checked he's a pf and can shut down griffin and lamarcus better than just about any pf in the league.

Our closing lineup

Curry
Klay
Barnes
Green
Bogut

3 elite + 2 average/above average defenders.

Defense never have been a problem for this team, do you get it?

I thought that too but where are you gonna find the minutes to play Green, Thompson, Lee all at PF for a significant amount/to make them happy?? I don't want to be playing Lee/thompson significant minutes at center in the playoffs... I've said this before but send thompson to someone else. I still might do it anyway but I'm not a huge fan.

Return to Trades and Transactions