Post Your Trade Offers for Andre Iguodala Here

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Bimbo_Coles
Pro Prospect
And1: 26

Re: Post Your Trade Offers for Andre Iguodala Here 

Post#161 » by Bimbo_Coles » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:11 am

Yes, you are all correct that Iggy isn't in an ideal role right now, but Kerr has played this perfectly. Here are some considerations that have led us to the current rotation:

1. Boosting Barnes' confidence and value. I believe that Myers and co. still want to make a big move to upgrade the PF position without breaking up the Splash Bros. Coming off of his rookie deal, his value was immense, but it took a plummet last year.

2. Green & Iggy are a bit redundant. Love them both, but they are similar players. Amazing defensive guys who elevate the play of those around them. Ask them to carry the load offensively and it will be a disaster.

3. Green & Barnes are a perfect combo. Barnes' rebounding and strength help make up for Dray's lack of size, and Dray's new-found 3 pt shot open up the lane for Barnes.

4. Lee & Iguadala are a perfect combo. Lee carries the load offensively, while Dre helps cover him up defensively.

Long story short, everything changes once Lee is back. In an ideal world, Barnes & Draymonds confidence stays high and they can keep up their production on the bench unit. You then restore the best starting lineup in the league with Curry/Klay/Iggy/Lee/Bogut, and have a much improved bench mob with Livingston/Barbosa/Barnes/Dray/Speights.

At the deadline, you try and package up Lee + Barnes to make a play for a top tier PF like Horford.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#162 » by Merc_Porto » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:44 am

I'm sorry if this trade idea was already post.

K.Martin + C.Brewer

For

Iggy

Sent from my RealGM Forums mobile app
Darren_Errman
Senior
And1: 265

Post#163 » by Darren_Errman » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:27 am

Royal Majesty is passionate about the Warriors but having read his posts on here for a few months he's the definition of knee jerk reaction and hyperbole.

He takes everything to the extreme.

Sounded very angry toward GS ownership and management when they fired Jackson. Made post after post trashing the GS ownership eventho people around the league all see that they have done an outstanding job turning that franchise around.

Now he's ripping Iggy every chance he gets even though Iggy has played only 10 games in the 6th man role for the very first time in his career and running a lot of minutes next to 2 brand new backcourt-mates in Livingston and Barbosa, running a brand new system under a brand new coaching staff.

At least give the guy half a season? Lee is not even back yet and he was supposed to run with Iggy on that bench unit. Neither Livingston or Iggy is a natural scorer, that was never their game. But Lee is. Perhaps Lee's ability to score and space the floor will make the 2nd unit look better.

Just a few months ago, Iggy was 3rd in the league in net RAPM and led all perimeter players in defensive RAPM. Criticize RAPM all you want but you don't rank that high unless the impact was there. Just a few months ago he was awarded First-Team All NBA Defense.

Have some patience.
Bimbo_Coles
Pro Prospect
And1: 26

Post#164 » by Bimbo_Coles » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:29 pm

Darren_Errman wrote:Neither Livingston or Iggy is a natural scorer, that was never their game. But Lee is. Perhaps Lee's ability to score and space the floor will make the 2nd unit look better.

Just a few months ago, Iggy was 3rd in the league in net RAPM and led all perimeter players in defensive RAPM. Criticize RAPM all you want but you don't rank that high unless the impact was there. Just a few months ago he was awarded First-Team All NBA Defense.

Have some patience.

This is exactly right. What makes the Warriors so prolific this year, is that they have an awesome combo of efficient scorers who don't need to dominate the ball (Curry/Klay/Barnes/Lee) and "glue guys" who can make a big impact on the game without scoring (Bogut, Green, Iggy, Livingston). Add the right combinations, and you end up with 30+ assist nights and everyone happy with their stats at the end of the game.

The challenge is just putting the right pieces together. You need to make sure we've got some scorers out there with the glue guys to make sure everything runs efficiently. When we've got Bogut/Green/Iggy/Livingston on the court at the same time, then things bog down.

Once Lee is back, it will restore some of that balance on the 2nd unit. I also think they need to make a play for a Ray Allen type to add even one more shooter to the bench. If our bench unit becomes:

- Livingston
- Ray Allen
- Iguadala
- Lee
- Speights/Ezeli

Then I think you will see significantly improved play from Iguodala. That 2nd unit could probably be a 4 seed in the east.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#165 » by old rem » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:34 pm

Lee....may play "off the bench" short minutes... for a week. He's usually around 20/10, he gets $15 mill per. Do the math. Meanwhile... Green _ Barnes BOTH have thrived having a role.. and EITHER may end up starting SF. Iggy...hard to say. He can do SF + SG. He's NOT scoring. I assume he's apt to be traded by deadline if there's a good bid. If not? Then he still can be a good ROLE guy/6th man. Kerr is doing what I'd advocated. Start Barnes.. let him be the guy we drafted....but let Dray Green push for SF also.
CENSORED... No comment.
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 159

Post#166 » by djthesonicsfan » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:43 pm

The notSonics would definitely be interested in a trade for Iggy. Iggy would be a great fit at SG. Not sure the Warriors would send him to us as they have legit championship aspiration of their own. Anyway, the rumor mill may very well generate some interesting scenarios involving Reggie Jackson perhaps in a three team deal near the deadline.
notSonics 2016
Starters - Trey, Roberson, KD, Ibaka, Adams
Rotation - Payne, Waiters, Green, McGary, Kanter
Bench - Collison, Christon, Brodgon, Huestis
Stash - Johnson, Abrine
Cut - Morrow
Trade - Singler
Draft - Brogdon
FA - Green
californiadude
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#167 » by californiadude » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:53 pm

djthesonicsfan wrote:The notSonics would definitely be interested in a trade for Iggy. Iggy would be a great fit at SG. Not sure the Warriors would send him to us as they have legit championship aspiration of their own. Anyway, the rumor mill may very well generate some interesting scenarios involving Reggie Jackson perhaps in a three team deal near the deadline.

As a basketball fan I love Iggy on OKC as a GSW fan that scares the heck out of me. I think I'd want a pretty good haul for the price of trading him to OKC but that's definitely intriguing especially if it involves jackson.
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant

Post#168 » by djthesonicsfan » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:45 am

californiadude wrote:
djthesonicsfan wrote:The notSonics would definitely be interested in a trade for Iggy. Iggy would be a great fit at SG. Not sure the Warriors would send him to us as they have legit championship aspiration of their own. Anyway, the rumor mill may very well generate some interesting scenarios involving Reggie Jackson perhaps in a three team deal near the deadline.

As a basketball fan I love Iggy on OKC as a GSW fan that scares the heck out of me. I think I'd want a pretty good haul for the price of trading him to OKC but that's definitely intriguing especially if it involves jackson.

Ya. It'd be wild. But there's a long way to go until the deadline. The NBA is yet again producing a bunch of excellent story lines for us all to follow.
notSonics 2016
Stash - Johnson, Abrine
Cut - Morrow
Trade - Singler
Draft - Brogdon
FA - Green
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#169 » by Coxy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:48 am

djthesonicsfan wrote:
californiadude wrote:

Ya. It'd be wild. But there's a long way to go until the deadline. The NBA is yet again producing a bunch of excellent story lines for us all to follow.

I'd be interested if it brought back a lotto pick for Iguodala from a 3rd team.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#170 » by bondom34 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:49 am

Coxy wrote:
djthesonicsfan wrote:
californiadude wrote:As a basketball fan I love Iggy on OKC as a GSW fan that scares the heck out of me. I think I'd want a pretty good haul for the price of trading him to OKC but that's definitely intriguing especially if it involves jackson.

Yeah, not gettin a lotto pick, maybe a guy drafted in the lotto (gladly Lamb), but a 3rd team wouldn't really give a pick if it was gonna be that high.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Coxy
RealGM

Post#171 » by Coxy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:57 am

bondom34 wrote:Yeah, not gettin a lotto pick, maybe a guy drafted in the lotto (gladly Lamb), but a 3rd team wouldn't really give a pick if it was gonna be that high.

Well it's probably not worth it for GS to give Iggy to Western rival then. If Jackson was involved to a 3rd team, they may view him as a long term PG that they would give up a pick for. Would probably need to involve other players and maybe picks from the 3 teams.

GS has hemorrhaged picks and my ideal scenario would be to get 1 back at least for donating Andre Iguodala to a western rival.
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant

Post#172 » by djthesonicsfan » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:59 am

Coxy wrote:
djthesonicsfan wrote:
californiadude wrote:As a basketball fan I love Iggy on OKC as a GSW fan that scares the heck out of me. I think I'd want a pretty good haul for the price of trading him to OKC but that's definitely intriguing especially if it involves jackson.

Something like...?
Warriors - Iggy for a 1st & filler
notSonics - Jackson for Iggy
3rd Team - 1st & filler for Jackson

The problem with this is we're screwed at backup PG because, believe me, Bassy is not the answer.
notSonics 2016
Stash - Johnson, Abrine
Cut - Morrow
Trade - Singler
Draft - Brogdon
FA - Green
Coxy
RealGM

Post#173 » by Coxy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:05 am

djthesonicsfan wrote:
Coxy wrote:
djthesonicsfan wrote:Ya. It'd be wild. But there's a long way to go until the deadline. The NBA is yet again producing a bunch of excellent story lines for us all to follow.

Something like...?
Warriors - Iggy for a 1st & filler
notSonics - Jackson for Iggy
3rd Team - 1st & filler for Jackson

The problem with this is we're screwed at backup PG because, believe me, Bassy is not the answer.

That'd be the deal I'd look to.

Would it be worth it for OKC to get Iggy and address their backup PG issue after?? Maybe.
californiadude
Sixth Man

Post#174 » by californiadude » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:09 am

djthesonicsfan wrote:
californiadude wrote:

This in my opinion has really been the most exciting start to a season in recent memory. It's really a terrific time to be a fan of the sport.
californiadude
Sixth Man

Post#175 » by californiadude » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:23 am

The problem with trading Reggie is that It's going to be hard to get "fair" value for him. How many teams actuality need a Point Guard and/or are going to be willing to give up value for one? I'd totally do a contender three teamer sending Jackson to Chicago for either Taj (definitely not happening) or Mirotic and Snell (probably not happening). 80% of bulls fans disagree with me (gosh I hope "Leto" doesn't see this) but If they want to win a title (and lord knows I wouldn't mind them winning it, that is if the warrior's are out of it) I'd really like some Rose insurance. I'm sorry, you can talk about thibs ability to find washed up PGs and make them look like all stars all you want. It hasn't won them a title yet and you've got a 2-3 year window with Pau, not saying you should throw caution to the wind but I really would like to see a upgrade at backup PG that could allow Rose to rest on back to backs.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#176 » by Coxy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:53 am

I can see either Indiana or Orlando as the 3rd team potentials.

GS trades - Iguodala, Kuzmic
GS receives - Indiana 1st, Scola, Jones

Ind trades -Scola, 1st
Ind receives - Jackson, Kuzmic

OKC trades -Jackson, Jones
OKC receives - Iguodala

Some salary still needs to leave OKC to make it work, maybe trade exemption or something, not sure on their finances.

or

GS receives - Orl 1st, Jones, Nicholson

Orl trades - 1st, Nicholson,
Orl receives - Jackson, Collison, Kuzmic

OKC trades - Collison, Jackson, Jones
OKC receives - Iguodala

Again, salary exemptions needed for finances.

Depends on how much teams like Jackson as a long term PG for a franchise.
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#177 » by Leto » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:30 pm

californiadude wrote:The problem with trading Reggie is that It's going to be hard to get "fair" value for him. How many teams actuality need a Point Guard and/or are going to be willing to give up value for one? I'd totally do a contender three teamer sending Jackson to Chicago for either Taj (definitely not happening) or Mirotic and Snell (probably not happening). 80% of bulls fans disagree with me (gosh I hope "Leto" doesn't see this) but If they want to win a title (and lord knows I wouldn't mind them winning it, that is if the warrior's are out of it) I'd really like some Rose insurance. I'm sorry, you can talk about thibs ability to find washed up PGs and make them look like all stars all you want. It hasn't won them a title yet and you've got a 2-3 year window with Pau, not saying you should throw caution to the wind but I really would like to see a upgrade at backup PG that could allow Rose to rest on back to backs.

I think Jackson and Iggy are in the same value category with the exception of age and salary. Gibson and Mirotic are not. It's noted that you pretty much agree it's not happening.

Snell? Sure, and he pretty much matches salary with Jackson's 2 mil, but we do not need Jackson. I'd rather have Hinrich at PG than Jackson. I'd rather have Brooks at PG. Really, Jackson would be a 4th string PG who would not see the light of day mostly because he can't shoot and isn't a particularly good defender. Hinrich doesn't exactly light it up, either, but he shoots a high percentage from 3, plays hard nosed tough defense and gets the team into their sets better than anyone else on the entire Bulls squad--including Rose. We don't call him Capt Kirk for nothing ;)

Let's just assume Chicago is not doing this because they wouldn't. The other thing is Jackson makes 2 mil per season; Iggy makes 12 mil per season. You'd have to take Perkins and Jackson just to make salaries match which I think is comparable value. This is because the Warriors don't want Iggy's salary on the books. They are one of the few teams in the league who wants to dump salary because of future cap concerns. If they can't get rid of Iggy, they won't have the flexibility to sign Barnes and/or Green to extensions. That is a problem ever since they gave Klay a max deal.

So:

OKC out: Perkins and Jackson
OKC in: Iggy

GSW out: Iggy
GSW in: Perkins and Jackson

This gets GSW out of Iggy's contract (which is primarily why they want to trade him) and frees them to sign Barnes and Green to extensions when they come due. They also get Jackson they can use as a trade chip or just let him go after the season.

OKC gets Iggy. Don't ask me why they want him cause I don't know. He's got 3 years and 11.5 mil a season left and has been horrific. He's still a good defender, though, just not worth his contract.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#178 » by RoyalMajesty » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:39 pm

mercgold3 wrote:I'm sorry if this trade idea was already post.

K.Martin + C.Brewer

For

Iggy

Sent from my RealGM Forums mobile app

Yes it did and was kindly turned down.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#179 » by RoyalMajesty » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:43 pm

Coxy wrote:I can see either Indiana or Orlando as the 3rd team potentials.

GS receives - Indiana 1st, Scola, Jones

Ind trades -Scola, 1st
Ind receives - Jackson, Kuzmic

OKC trades -Jackson, Jones
OKC receives - Iguodala

Some salary still needs to leave OKC to make it work, maybe trade exemption or something, not sure on their finances.

or

GS receives - Orl 1st, Jones, Nicholson

Orl trades - 1st, Nicholson,
Orl receives - Jackson, Collison, Kuzmic

OKC trades - Collison, Jackson, Jones
OKC receives - Iguodala

Again, salary exemptions needed for finances.

Depends on how much teams like Jackson as a long term PG for a franchise.

That Orlando Magic 1st Round Pick is very, very, very tempting as well as the Indiana Pacers 1st Round Pick, but both teams going to have some sort of draft protection about the 1st Round Pick.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#180 » by RoyalMajesty » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:47 pm

Bimbo_Coles wrote:
Darren_Errman wrote:Neither Livingston or Iggy is a natural scorer, that was never their game. But Lee is. Perhaps Lee's ability to score and space the floor will make the 2nd unit look better.

Have some patience.

This is exactly right. What makes the Warriors so prolific this year, is that they have an awesome combo of efficient scorers who don't need to dominate the ball (Curry/Klay/Barnes/Lee) and "glue guys" who can make a big impact on the game without scoring (Bogut, Green, Iggy, Livingston). Add the right combinations, and you end up with 30+ assist nights and everyone happy with their stats at the end of the game.

The challenge is just putting the right pieces together. You need to make sure we've got some scorers out there with the glue guys to make sure everything runs efficiently. When we've got Bogut/Green/Iggy/Livingston on the court at the same time, then things bog down.

Once Lee is back, it will restore some of that balance on the 2nd unit. I also think they need to make a play for a Ray Allen type to add even one more shooter to the bench. If our bench unit becomes:

- Livingston
- Ray Allen
- Iguadala
- Lee
- Speights/Ezeli

Then I think you will see significantly improved play from Iguodala. That 2nd unit could probably be a 4 seed in the east.

I keep on saying how the Warriors needed another shooter all offseason long. Ray Allen would be great for the bench. Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, and Ray Allen? HELLO! :o

Return to Trades and Transactions