ATL/CHI/SAC -Hawks Reload, Korver to Bulls, Horford to Kings

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

ATL/CHI/SAC -Hawks Reload, Korver to Bulls, Horford to Kings 

Post#1 » by becorz » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:10 pm

This trade would mean that Atlanta would have to concede that it is not going very far in the playoffs and they decide they want to start over. Unrealistic, I know, but, I really want Horford on the Kings, so I will try it!

Atlanta Trades:
Al Horford
Kyle Korver

Atlanta Receives:
Nik Stauskas
Ray McCallum
Jason Thompson
Derrick Williams
Cameron Bairstow
2015 Kings First (Protections removed as part of trade)
2017 Kings First

Atlanta starts to reload be collecting first round picks and prospects. They have to take on Thompson’s long term salary, which is a tough pill to swallow, but they will have to pay people once they sell everyone off (see Philadelphia), so it isn’t tough to swallow. I basically see this as getting a first, McCallum, and Stauskas for Horford and getting a first for Korver. Not bad if you are starting over.

Chicago Trades:
Mike Dunleavy
Cameron Bairstow
E’twaun Moore
Protected Kings First (unprotected as part of trade)

Chicago Receives:
Kyle Korver

Giving up the first round pick is a little tough (though it is looking like a late loto/mid first), but Korver is an out of this world shooter and I think he is exactly what Chicago needs. He can shoot the lights out of the ball and can score plenty for the team. In my opinion, he instantly becomes Chicago’s best offensive player.

Sacramento Trades:
Nik Stauskas
Ray McCallum
Jason Thompson
Derrick Williams
Removal of protections on 2015 Kings First
2017 Kings First

Sacramento Receives:
Al Horford
Mike Dunleavy
E’twaun Moore

I really like the combo of Horford and Cousins and I believe they could be ridiculous together. Horford would step into Thompson’s spot in the rotation, making a nice three man rotation of Cousins/Horford/Landry, with a sprinkling of Reggie Evans in there. Dunleavy is certainly better than Stauskas now, so he helps get the Kings shooting they need in the short term. The Kings give up on the long term of Stauskas but will still have McLemore around. Stauskas, McCallum, and a first for Horford is a lot (especially with the injuries), but I think it is worth it.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,902

Re: ATL/CHI/SAC -Hawks Reload, Korver to Bulls, Horford to K 

Post#2 » by buckboy » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:13 pm

Seems pretty terrible for chicago.

Also: Cameron Bairstow.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
theatlfan
Analyst
And1: 190

Post#3 » by theatlfan » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:43 pm

I can tell you that ATL FO would pass in a heartbeat. There has been absolutely 0 indication that we're looking to tank. It's early and we still have to sell the team, but I'd imagine Coach Bud, who is both the HC and interim "GM" (can't remember the official title but he's the decision maker on the basketball side right now), would be more interested in resigning than tearing down. At that point, we're left trying to fill two major holes in our management structure which would effectively kill any deal any way.

As far as me personally and assuming that we would be interested in rebuilding, the deal is more interesting than most posted here, but I still pass. The deal is just another 4 quarters for a dollar deal and those really aren't worth dealing Horford at this juncture. If you're hunting for Horford, then we'd want more than a struggling rookie and a couple of mid-to-late-1sts. We're in the playoff hunt now while he's still obviously rusty, there's no telling where we'll be once he's back at 100% - it takes more than throwing a kitchen sink of average assets and hoping to land a top 20 player in the NBA when he's back at game speed.
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#4 » by Hawk Eye » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:53 pm

theatlfan beat me to it, what he said.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,477

Post#5 » by RIPskaterdude » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:01 am

I can safely say that every team in this trade says no
becorz
Veteran

Post#6 » by becorz » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:03 am

buckboy wrote:Seems pretty terrible for chicago.

Explain? I see Korver as a HUGE upgrade to Dunleavy

Fixed Bairstow's name in the post
buckboy
RealGM

Post#7 » by buckboy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:12 am

becorz wrote:
buckboy wrote:Seems pretty terrible for chicago.

Explain? I see Korver as a HUGE upgrade to Dunleavy

Fixed Bairstow's name in the post

Yeah, sorry. Probably could've expounded on that a little. :D

I think as a player Korver is an upgrade to Dunleavy, but when you take contracts into consideration, I think Dunleavy is actually worth more to Chicago than Korver would be. I don't know their tax situation by heart, but I can't imagine it's good. Add in that 1st and it's just too much for Chicago IMO. Take out that 1st and Atlanta passes. Although I think Atlanta passes anyway. If they're going to tear it down they need better pieces for Horford than Stauskas (who I personally really like) and a couple of mid 1sts.

Edit: Korver is 3/$18M Dunleavy is 1/$3.4M. That's a deal-breaker I would think. Especially when they have to pay Butler.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,358

Post#8 » by pipfan » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:14 am

I would love this upgrade-Korver would help a bunch. It is fair for Chicago. I think ATL should rebuild, but I am not a fan of their team. They are solid, but going nowhere
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#9 » by Leto » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:29 am

I disagree with Pipfan. For Chicago's purposes, Korver and Dunleavy are the same player. I think Korver is a better shooter, but I think Mike is a better passer and defender. But, these differences are marginal, at best. They certainly do not warrant giving up the Sac pick as I think we can land a much better player for Dunleavy and the Sac pick than Korver.

Having said that, no way Atlanta does this. You're going to have to pony up some real assets and not try to suck value from other teams to get it.
Tetlak
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,134

Post#10 » by Tetlak » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:18 am

Yeah, Korver is not that much better than Dunleavy. Dunleavy has been a very steady, all-around vet on a good deal and this Kings pick has a chance of being decent this year.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,766

Post#11 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:42 pm

Its great for the Kings obviously. I'm torn for the Bulls. Korver is an upgrade over Dunleavy for sure, but I'm not convinced he's enough of one to give up a pick and of course his contract is considerably larger. Seems like they are here mainly to add some value on the King's behalf.

I can't see Atlanta touching this. With Horford on the Kings those picks have a lot less value so you give away 2 of your 3 best players for Stauskas and couple non-lotto picks. That's terrible value.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
becorz
Veteran

Post#12 » by becorz » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:58 pm

Chuck Texas wrote:Its great for the Kings obviously. I'm torn for the Bulls. Korver is an upgrade over Dunleavy for sure, but I'm not convinced he's enough of one to give up a pick and of course his contract is considerably larger. Seems like they are here mainly to add some value on the King's behalf.

Certainly, Chicago was included in this trade to help the Kings get more value in there (I flat out admitted I just did this deal as a way for Horford to get to the Kings), but I truly believe that Korver would be a huge upgrade for the Bulls. There is a possibility that the Kings pick was non-lotto anyway, so, to me anyway, the Kings pick might not be as valuable as some think. I think that I might be underestimating the value of Dunleavy though.

Chuck Texas wrote:I can't see Atlanta touching this. With Horford on the Kings those picks have a lot less value so you give away 2 of your 3 best players for Stauskas and couple non-lotto picks. That's terrible value.

Like I said in my post, I see this as Stauskas, McCallum, and a first for Horford and a first for Korver. II think both those firsts are mid round picks. Do you think the Hawks can get better than that if they are in rebuilding mode? Horford is injury prone, which might scare some teams.
teerfour+40LG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,129

Post#13 » by teerfour+40LG » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:45 pm

Wow. Kings say no.
becorz
Veteran

Post#14 » by becorz » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:43 pm

teerfour+40LG wrote:Wow. Kings say no.

As a Kings fan, I have no idea why the Kings say no. I understand why Chicago and Atlanta would, don't know why the Kings would.
Zion Wembanyama
RealGM
And1: 3,304

Post#15 » by Zion Wembanyama » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:10 pm

Atlanta won't give up Horford alone, let alone INCLUDING Korver, for this package.
NBA - Pelicans,Hornets
NFL - Panthers
MLB - Braves
NHL - Ducks, Hurricanes
NCAAB - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
NCAAF - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
Soccer - PSG, CLT FC, USMNT, FRA, SCO
Golf - Tiger Woods
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
NASCAR - Joey Lagano
buckboy
RealGM

Post#16 » by buckboy » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:58 am

teerfour+40LG wrote:Wow. Kings say no.

Huh? How in the hell do the kings say no? A 28 year old all star big man for Stauskas and 2 crappy 1sts?

Return to Trades and Transactions