Cavaliers GM says

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Re: Cavaliers GM says  

Post#41 » by Dupp » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:12 am

Domejandro wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:I wonder if Minny would have taken Irving/Bennett for Love instead of Wiggins.

Would Waiters/Wiggins/Lebron/Love/Varejao

Have Waiters play PG. He can defend most.

We would have puked at that offer and accepted Golden State's instead.

Well thats not true.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#42 » by Dupp » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:14 am

californiadude wrote:Klay Thompson and David Lee for Kevin Love and Dion Waters and first....Oh wait the W's already said no to that

That never happened.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#43 » by turk3d » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:19 am

Is Cleveland already starting to panic? WTF? I'd trade my GM if he's serious.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#44 » by Merc_Porto » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:33 am

Darren_Errman wrote:
californiadude wrote:Klay Thompson and David Lee for Kevin Love and Dion Waters and first....Oh wait the W's already said no to that

GS made the correct non-move.

Klay is better than Love on both ends of the court.

Who made the right move above everybody was Minnesota, you probaly don't going to see the results now, but in the future, you'll see.

Minnesota had no leverage, still laughting at that with everybody saying that.
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,064

Post#45 » by tidho » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:18 pm

turk3d wrote:Is Cleveland already starting to panic? WTF? I'd trade my GM if he's serious.

They haven't made a bad move - so no.

They clearly recognize that they need to add a wing though.
Hopefully KJ McDaniels' mom keeps mouthing off, lol, would love for the Cavaliers to swoop in and nab that guy.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#46 » by turk3d » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:16 pm

tidho wrote:
turk3d wrote:Is Cleveland already starting to panic? WTF? I'd trade my GM if he's serious.

Hopefully KJ McDaniels' mom keeps mouthing off, lol, would love for the Cavaliers to swoop in and nab that guy.

OK. But everyone? Give me a break. They aren't trading Lebron (or KLove) for that matter. If he said "everyone except for Lebron and KLove" that would sound a bit more reasonable.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
mcfly1204
General Manager
And1: 1,839

Post#47 » by mcfly1204 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:34 pm

turk3d wrote:
tidho wrote:

OK. But everyone? Give me a break. They aren't trading Lebron (or KLove) for that matter. If he said "everyone except for Lebron and KLove" that would sound a bit more reasonable.

So what you are saying is that we should not be reading into the comment because it has no depth.
Well at least we're not Detroit!
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#48 » by TheOUTLAW » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:39 pm

No player is every untouchable, but that doesn't mean they are going to do something completely inane like all of the suggestions in this thread.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
turk3d
RealGM

Post#49 » by turk3d » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:40 pm

mcfly1204 wrote:
turk3d wrote:
tidho wrote:They haven't made a bad move - so no.

So what you are saying is that we should not be reading into the comment because it has no depth.

Not anything of the sort. Read into it all you want. I just think it's kind of ridiculous if that's what your GM actually said unless he happens to be trying to blow smoke up some people's arses.
californiadude
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#50 » by californiadude » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:49 pm

Dupp wrote:

That never happened.

I was being bombastic and hyperbolizing the situation. Obviously that was never on the table just fooling around.
mcfly1204
General Manager
And1: 1,839

Post#51 » by mcfly1204 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:51 pm

turk3d wrote:
mcfly1204 wrote:
turk3d wrote:OK. But everyone? Give me a break. They aren't trading Lebron (or KLove) for that matter. If he said "everyone except for Lebron and KLove" that would sound a bit more reasonable.

Not anything of the sort. Read into it all you want. I just think it's kind of ridiculous if that's what your GM actually said unless he happens to be trying to blow smoke up some people's arses.

I am actually not trying to read into it at all, especially considering "untouchable" typically means no one would make a high enough offer for said player. If New Orleans called up and offered Davis, Asik, and multiple picks for James, would you think about it?
Well at least we're not Detroit!
californiadude
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#52 » by californiadude » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:05 pm

Listen I don't think he's fielding offers or even considering trading Love/Irving. But it's worth talking about what he meant by that comment. Honestly if I got a legit offer for Irving, as in superstars ransom level I'd take it in a heartbeat and never look back.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#53 » by turk3d » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:07 pm

mcfly1204 wrote:
turk3d wrote:
mcfly1204 wrote:So what you are saying is that we should not be reading into the comment because it has no depth.

I am actually not trying to read into it at all, especially considering "untouchable" typically means no one would make a high enough offer for said player. If New Orleans called up and offered Davis, Asik, and multiple picks for James, would you think about it?

Unlikely. But you can put it that way in order to make it sound somewhat reasonable I suppose, i.e. "untouchable" really doesn't mean "untouchable". But then again, if that's actually the case, does it even need to be said (as in your hypothetical)?
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#54 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:41 pm

If I'm the cavs GM and I am willing to include Waiters and even Thompson in a trade, saying no one is untouchable makes a lot more sense than saying anyone not named Lebron, Love, Irving, and we kinda like Varejao.

If you get a good offer for one of your non core pieces great, and if not, its slightly less declaring them specifically on the open market than something more specific might have been.

Not sure you need to publicly say anything versus shopping around quietly behind the scenes but thats a separate issue.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,417

Post#55 » by shrink » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:44 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:No player is every untouchable, but that doesn't mean they are going to do something completely inane like all of the suggestions in this thread.

The economist in me wants to believe that no player is untouchable too, and that every player has his price. When you look at how players move to other teams, and hardly any player stays on the same team his entire career, they all seem touchable. However, now have modified my position so I don't have to call exceptions like Tim Duncan "untouchable," but are in a category called, "way more valuable to us than you."

The semantics help me sleep at night.

Yes, I realize I am a very odd man.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.

Return to Trades and Transactions