Can We Guess the 10-12 Players HOU wants for $8.32 mil TPE?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Re: Can We Guess the 10-12 Players HOU wants for $8.32 mil T 

Post#21 » by Mykhyn » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:38 pm

I think the idea is to get a bigger salary asap that they can reflip at the deadline. If they can help in the mean time, great.
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#22 » by hege53190 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:43 pm

Chuck Texas wrote:
Golabki wrote:Their clear need is a PF that can hit a corner 3 and is a good enough post-defender to leave on an island against Griffin/Alridge/Randolph.

does this guy really exist for < $8.3M?

They always exist in hypothetical scenarios.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,842

Post#23 » by inquisitive » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:39 am

Goran Dragic....likely the TPE and Pelicans 1st rd pick...then getting someone like Okafor(can play PF too) or JO'Neal or Camby as backup C....don't see them addressing the PF position until the summer...likely targeting Milsap.

All the other players on the list are just for skimming...
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#24 » by old rem » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:41 am

Chuck Texas wrote:
Golabki wrote:Their clear need is a PF that can hit a corner 3 and is a good enough post-defender to leave on an island against Griffin/Alridge/Randolph.

Sure.. a few fit that.. but those guys are not being a giveaway on a TPE deal.
CENSORED... No comment.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,842

Post#25 » by inquisitive » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:43 am

Chuck Texas wrote:

not for TPE....Milsap makes 9mil, so that won't work...
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#26 » by Golabki » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:43 am

Chuck Texas wrote:

It was supposed to be Bosh at the max.

I don't think there is a perfect much... but Milsap is close to that 8.3 number.

Could you trade it to Toronto for Hayes and then page Hayes and Terry + incentive.
chuckdevlin
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,187

Post#27 » by chuckdevlin » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:53 am

Fields....
Retire Joey Graham's Number in the ACC #letsgooo #whatnumber?
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#28 » by Golabki » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:53 am

Golabki wrote:
Chuck Texas wrote:

It was supposed to be Bosh at the max.

I don't think there is a perfect much... but Milsap is close to that 8.3 number.

Could you trade it to Toronto for Hayes and then page Hayes and Terry + incentive.

Hawes or Pero Antic could maybe fill that role.

Jared Sullinger... in 5 years.

I guess Antic is the guy I'd pick but you'd have to send Atlanta some assets.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#29 » by old rem » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:55 am

inquisitive wrote:Goran Dragic....likely the TPE and Pelicans 1st rd pick...then getting someone like Okafor(can play PF too) or JO'Neal or Camby as backup C....don't see them addressing the PF position until the summer...likely targeting Milsap.

I DOUBT at this time you can get Dragic for basically..a pick between 14-20. Camby....i think retired a couple years ago..must be 40 yr old now. If Okafor was healthy enough to play..even cover PF.. He'd be playing.
CENSORED... No comment.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#30 » by bondom34 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:57 am

inquisitive wrote:Goran Dragic....likely the TPE and Pelicans 1st rd pick...then getting someone like Okafor(can play PF too) or JO'Neal or Camby as backup C....don't see them addressing the PF position until the summer...likely targeting Milsap.

I think they'd just let him walk if that was the best offer.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by bondom34 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:04 am

Just using BBR's salary index, in order from highest paid:

Thornton
Ersan
Bass
Jason Thompson
Hickson? He's a big, dunno.
Bud
Brewer
Felton (desperation?)
Gerald Green?
Evan Turner (desperation?)
Any of Portland's bench expirings
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Barkley_34
Junior
And1: 174

Post#32 » by Barkley_34 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:08 am

:lol: :lol: :crazy:
Christine-In-AZ
Starter
And1: 1,539

Post#33 » by Christine-In-AZ » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:35 am

inquisitive wrote:Goran Dragic....likely the TPE and Pelicans 1st rd pick

wow...

what color is the sky on your planet?
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#34 » by SuperflyKnick » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:29 am

:o what on earth are you smoking son !
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#35 » by DanTown8587 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:17 am

Channing Frye would make some sense here. Would Orlando want out from the Ben Gordon deal and do Gordon+Frye for Terry (Gordon acquired via TPE)?
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,516

Post#36 » by 165bows » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:22 pm

bondom34 wrote:Just using BBR's salary index, in order from highest paid:

Thornton
Ersan
Bass
Jason Thompson
Bud
Brewer
Felton (desperation?)
Gerald Green?

I actually think Bass makes the most sense if Houston continues to have front court health issues. He's an expiring so doesn't impact next year's salary (or anyone else's if they flip him later on). Ersan, Thompson, Hickson, the Wolves SFs all have money (or player options) for next year. Bass has a history of competency in the playoffs, and while he isn't great, he is ok on both ends and won't occupy the same space as Howard on the offensive end.

And he's very likely available. I think the Celtics try to extract something of value though, Morey soaked them for the 32nd pick in the draft when the Celtics took on Courtney Lee's sign and trade, while taking minimal salary in return. Ainge and Morey worked together, but I don't see them doing each other favors.

Thornton actually makes just a hair too much, but I don't know positionally where they need the most help.
SideSwipe
Analyst
And1: 660

Post#37 » by SideSwipe » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:37 pm

Huh? :crazy:

That is not enough to even begin thinking about trading Dragic. Even as an expiring, I am pretty confident in saying that to get your hands on Dragic it would be a good prospect plus two decent picks, to get the conversation started. Even then I don't think it happens though. PHX is looking for experience and/or greatness in trades they are making, and a trade like this would do neither. I think Dragic is at the bottom of the trade scenarios for PHX's guards.

Ennis, IT, Bledsoe I think will all be available before Dragic.
spartan7977
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#38 » by spartan7977 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:57 pm

Clearly the rockets need big man depth.

What about with the nyk? Would smith or dalembert be available for the trade exception and some form of picks?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by bondom34 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:15 pm

165bows wrote:

Thornton
Ersan
Bass
Jason Thompson
Bud
Brewer
Felton (desperation?)
Gerald Green?

I actually think Bass makes the most sense if Houston continues to have front court health issues. He's an expiring so doesn't impact next year's salary (or anyone else's if they flip him later on). Ersan, Thompson, Hickson, the Wolves SFs all have money (or player options) for next year. Bass has a history of competency in the playoffs, and while he isn't great, he is ok on both ends and won't occupy the same space as Howard on the offensive end.

And he's very likely available. I think the Celtics try to extract something of value though, Morey soaked them for the 32nd pick in the draft when the Celtics took on Courtney Lee's sign and trade, while taking minimal salary in return. Ainge and Morey worked together, but I don't see them doing each other favors.

Thornton actually makes just a hair too much, but I don't know positionally where they need the most help.

I think they can still do Thornton as w/ a TPE I believe you can use the amount of the TPE plus 500K.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,521

Post#40 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:36 pm

bondom34 wrote:
165bows wrote:

Thornton
Ersan
Bass
Jason Thompson
Bud
Brewer
Felton (desperation?)
Gerald Green?

I think they can still do Thornton as w/ a TPE I believe you can use the amount of the TPE plus 500K.

100k. So nope.

Return to Trades and Transactions