suns PG jam

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

JDLAW
Suns Forum CBA and Legal Expert
And1: 1,301

Re: suns PG jam 

Post#21 » by JDLAW » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:00 pm

oldfishermen wrote:Suns out: Tyler Ennis

Blazers out: 2015 first round pick, and one of T. Robinson, D. Wright, V. Claver, or, W. Barton, Suns choice.

Why for the Suns?
Suns swap a little used project player for a more tradable asset (future first round pick). All of the incoming Blazer player options are expiring contracts.

Why for the Blazers?
Blazers swap a future first round pick for a BU PG project on a rookie contract, and balance their roster. None of the 4 player options the Blazers offer are likely to be on their roster next season.

Since this trade does not involve any starters from either team, it probably does not move the needle for either team this season. However, this trade increases the odds for both teams to improve in future seasons.

Blazers cannot trade their 2015 first round pick and none of the players offered "move the needle". Suns pass.
oldfishermen
Junior
And1: 73

Post#22 » by oldfishermen » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:17 pm

JDLAW wrote:

Blazers out: 2015 first round pick, and one of T. Robinson, D. Wright, V. Claver, or, W. Barton, Suns choice.

Why for the Suns?
Suns swap a little used project player for a more tradable asset (future first round pick). All of the incoming Blazer player options are expiring contracts.

Why for the Blazers?
Blazers swap a future first round pick for a BU PG project on a rookie contract, and balance their roster. None of the 4 player options the Blazers offer are likely to be on their roster next season.

Since this trade does not involve any starters from either team, it probably does not move the needle for either team this season. However, this trade increases the odds for both teams to improve in future seasons.

Blazers cannot trade their 2015 first round pick and none of the players offered "move the needle". Suns pass.

Since the 2014 first round pick the Blazers traded away is no longer a “future” first round pick. I believe the Blazers can trade their 2015 future first round pick. I believe the Stepien rule applies only to “future” first round picks. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also, Tyler Ennis does not move the needle for the Blazers. They are betting a future first round pick on his “potential”.

The Blazers 2015 first round pick would give the Suns more ammunition/asset to make a consolidation trade for a star type player.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#23 » by NashtyNas » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:32 pm

NaturalBuns wrote:Think the 3 PG mix is fine.
Last season before it started people said who they gonna trade Bledsoe or dragic!?.

They proved 2 PG would work and now Okc/spurs/clippers did or still do run 2 PG lineups.
Add a PG and people question It again. I think it's fine personally.

If anybody gets moved at PG it would Ennis

This x 1000.

We don't need to move any of those guys right now.
If we retain Dragic, the 3 headed monster remains intact and we'll be fine.
If we don't then we'll need to move Thomas or Bledsoe because a long term lineup of those 2 just will not work defensively.

Right now, more pressing issue is the lack of a quality interior scorer.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,843

Post#24 » by inquisitive » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:51 pm

Suns need a C. Dragic is the one that most teams will want in a trade.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#25 » by bondom34 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:14 am

^^^

So you're saying Dwight for Dragic?
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Orens
Sophomore
And1: 48

Post#26 » by Orens » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:40 pm

inquisitive wrote:Suns need a C. Dragic is the one that most teams will want in a trade.

No one's trading Dragic, jusy stop ot already.
If anyone's going out, it's Thomas.
Barkley_34
Junior
And1: 174

Post#27 » by Barkley_34 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:34 am

bondom34 wrote:^^^

hhahahhahahaha good answer :nod:
inquisitive
RealGM

Post#28 » by inquisitive » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:44 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/outsidethenba/status/537081626376024065[/tweet]
inquisitive
RealGM

Post#29 » by inquisitive » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:45 am

since plumlee has been horrific...DMO will suffice
James72
Sixth Man
And1: 474

Post#30 » by James72 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:05 am

JDLAW wrote:

Why for the Suns?

Why for the Blazers?

No
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by bondom34 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:47 am

inquisitive wrote:

I'll speak for Suns fans here, LOL no.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
inquisitive
RealGM

Post#32 » by inquisitive » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:52 am

bondom34 wrote:
inquisitive wrote:

hey, they can always keep plumlee as insurance on the bench while DMO starts...LOL
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by bondom34 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:21 am

inquisitive wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
inquisitive wrote:

hey, they can always keep plumlee as insurance on the bench while DMO starts...LOL

Or the Rockets can keep on dreamin :)! :lol:

Return to Trades and Transactions