Nuggets-Bucks-Cavs

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Re: Nuggets-Bucks-Cavs 

Post#21 » by skywalker33 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:33 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
This is why I think the better trade is just Mozgov for the TPE and Memphis 1st. Waiters can be dealt in a separate deal.

Don't call us, we'll call you....why would Denver do that with MEM looking like a championship contender. The only hope of getting decent value with that pick is if Gasol leaves and I don't see that happening, He's already on record as saying he loves it in MEM and with them winning, there's reason to stay should the money be consistent

Might do it for CLE's 2015 1st, that's looking like decent value IMO.

I'm in no rush to trade the pick for Mozgov either. I think he'll be a marginal improvement over AV against certain line ups. Frankly, I'm hoping that someone like Sanders becomes available after another dust up.

The Memphis pick is reversed protected until 2017. At some point, father time is going to catch up with Zbo and Tony Allen. That team is pretty first unit heavy and we saw what an injury can do it last year. A lot can happen in a year let alone three. Very few people saw the Net, Knicks and Lakers as lottery teams 18 months ago.

We can't trade our 2015. Boston owns the 2016.

Too bad about the CLE pick because it just sounds like your hopes are a few years away. MEM could falter, but hoping it's going to happen doesn't make that value go up until 2017 does it ?? As for injuries, CLE could just as easily get a major injury and make the trade moot with a worthless season.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,145

Post#22 » by jbk1234 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:42 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote: Don't call us, we'll call you....why would Denver do that with MEM looking like a championship contender. The only hope of getting decent value with that pick is if Gasol leaves and I don't see that happening, He's already on record as saying he loves it in MEM and with them winning, there's reason to stay should the money be consistent

Might do it for CLE's 2015 1st, that's looking like decent value IMO.

I'm in no rush to trade the pick for Mozgov either. I think he'll be a marginal improvement over AV against certain line ups. Frankly, I'm hoping that someone like Sanders becomes available after another dust up.

The Memphis pick is reversed protected until 2017. At some point, father time is going to catch up with Zbo and Tony Allen. That team is pretty first unit heavy and we saw what an injury can do it last year. A lot can happen in a year let alone three. Very few people saw the Net, Knicks and Lakers as lottery teams 18 months ago.

Too bad about the CLE pick because it just sounds like your hopes are a few years away. MEM could falter, but hoping it's going to happen doesn't make that value go up until 2017 does it ?? As for injuries, CLE could just as easily get a major injury and make the trade moot with a worthless season.

Comments like this make me hope that Memphis calls for it's pick back and ships us Koufus instead (who I'm not convinced isn't actually the better defender of the two).
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#23 » by skywalker33 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:49 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Comments like this make me hope that Memphis calls for it's pick back and ships us Koufus instead (who I'm not convinced isn't actually the better defender of the two).

And comments like that makes me agree with you.... :lol:

My point was it looks like the MEM pick won't be conveyed until the 2017 draft. And with McGee's injury, don't hold your breath on Mozgov being available anytime soon.....

At just under $5M for this year and next, Mozgov also gives the Nuggets the opportunity to develop Nurkic and offset the mistake of McGee's salary. We're really not in any hurry to get rid of him unless we get an offer that knocks our socks off...and a TPE and late 1st isn't exciting anyone.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!

Return to Trades and Transactions