CHI/PHX

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,167

CHI/PHX 

Post#1 » by mademan » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:18 pm

Goran Dragic for Taj Gibson

PHX has a glut of guards and are very weak, defensively, up front. Taj helps shore up their defense, they can start Tucker and run a more traditional offense (still with a ton of 3 pt shooting)

Bulls get a much needed secondary ball handler while still having a pretty amazing frontcourt. Dragic also gives them insurance if/when Rose goes down and/or Butler gets a max contract and the Bulls dont want to match
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,083

Re: CHI/PHX 

Post#2 » by jbk1234 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:20 pm

I kind of like it but I think the Bulls may ask for a late first back as well.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
ChrisTheFuturePaul
Veteran
And1: 104

Post#3 » by ChrisTheFuturePaul » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:41 pm

Reasonable idea, might need a little bit of balancing but the concept is realistic.
Barkley_34
Junior
And1: 174

Post#4 » by Barkley_34 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:14 pm

Particularly not like the idea. The concept is good, but if it were to negotiate Dragig, try another Pf, with better post game (Taj have amazing defense). Something with Al Horford would be unfeasible? I think not. Maybe Plumlee + dragig + 2 picks (lakers pick obviously). what you guys think?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by jbk1234 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:16 pm

Barkley_34 wrote:Particularly not like the idea. The concept is good, but if it were to negotiate Dragig, try another Pf, with better post game (Taj have amazing defense). Something with Al Horford would be unfeasible? I think not. Maybe Plumlee + dragig + 2 picks (lakers pick obviously). what you guys think?

Probably have to move Dragic to a third team for a different asset. Atlanta already has Teague and the German kid.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
N.O.R.E.
RealGM
And1: 240

Post#6 » by N.O.R.E. » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:18 pm

I think the Bulls would have to do this without thinking twice tbh.

I don't think Horford would be feasible - the Hawks already have Teague and Shroder @ PG.
Barkley_34
Junior
And1: 174

Post#7 » by Barkley_34 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:19 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Barkley_34 wrote:Particularly not like the idea. The concept is good, but if it were to negotiate Dragig, try another Pf, with better post game (Taj have amazing defense). Something with Al Horford would be unfeasible? I think not. Maybe Plumlee + dragig + 2 picks (lakers pick obviously). what you guys think?

Probably have to move Dragic to a third team for a different asset. Atlanta already has Teague and the German kid.

I also think it possible, despite the Dragig play sg.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by jbk1234 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:22 pm

Barkley_34 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

I also think it possible, despite the Dragig play sg.

I think that Dragic gets away with that in Phoenix because of the type of player Bledsoe is. I'd be surprised if that success was duplicated with other PGs. The Suns are kind of playing with two combo guards.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,690

Post#9 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:41 pm

This is actually a pretty interesting idea. Im not sure how ready to play Mirotic is, but Dragic is a great replacement for Rose for a year and if Rose can actually play we know Dragic can play some 2 as well.

Downside for Chicago is that they face the same problem Phoenix might this summer--can you pay 2 PG's that much of your salary cap? Hurts to give Taj for a rental, but Dragic probably makes them the favorites in the East.

Downside for Phoenix is I think Dragic is probably the best of the three PG's. But Gibson fits like a glove and this keeps them from potentially losing him for nothing.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#10 » by Leto » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:11 pm

Bulls won't do it. Chuck hit on exactly why. Niko is not ready and he's especially not ready for playoff basketball. But also Dragic is a PG. Finally, I think I want Butler at SG rather than SF. His size at that spot really punishes teams that want to play smaller with two PGs--you know, like PHX..lol
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,370

Post#11 » by drosestruts » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:14 pm

Was trying to think of a way to get Dragic to Chicago earlier but didn't know what Phoenix wants or needs but yeah, I'd do Taj for Drajic real fast and I love Taj.
Jaseface
Banned User
And1: 81

Post#12 » by Jaseface » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:50 am

jbk1234 wrote:I kind of like it but I think the Bulls may ask for a late first back as well.

I like Gibson. But no way is he worth a fringe All-Star AND a pick.
ATF
Junior
And1: 40

Post#13 » by ATF » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:04 am

No way the Suns trade Dragic for Gibson. If he goes on the block, he's the centerpiece for a star. Otherwise we re sign him as planned. Of course his agent got word of Dragic's public desire to stay so he made him backtrack.

The Suns have shown a lot of faith in their bigs and Markieff in particular was given this year to prove he's our guy at PF. So far so good.
Suns.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Post#14 » by Revived » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:00 am

I'm a huge Taj Gibson fan. I love his defense and he's also very good from the mid range which will help space the floor some.

If were to trade Dragic, Gibson is who I would want in return.

Not sure I want the Suns to trade Dragic though.

How about Isaiah Thomas for Gibson instead? IT is already locked into a team friendly contract so Chicago won't have to worry about paying him later.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,531

Post#15 » by HornetJail » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:09 am

SF88 wrote:I'm a huge Taj Gibson fan. I love his defense and he's also very good from the mid range which will help space the floor some.

How about Isaiah Thomas for Gibson instead? IT is already locked into a team friendly contract so Chicago won't have to worry about paying him later.

i like this a lot if Chicago can get Tolliver (60.5 TS% last season) from PHX to help out with floor spacing at PF.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Revived
RealGM

Post#16 » by Revived » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:12 am

BizGilwalker wrote:
SF88 wrote:I'm a huge Taj Gibson fan. I love his defense and he's also very good from the mid range which will help space the floor some.

i like this a lot if Chicago can get Tolliver (60.5 TS%) from PHX to help out with floor spacing at PF.

Done. Tolliver/IT for Gibson it is.

I'll email the commish.
damecurry
General Manager
And1: 1,517

Post#17 » by damecurry » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:51 am

drosestruts wrote:Was trying to think of a way to get Dragic to Chicago earlier but didn't know what Phoenix wants or needs but yeah, I'd do Taj for Drajic real fast and I love Taj.

Pretty much agreed. I would be very nervous about mirotic playing 25-30 minutes a night as the primary PF since Gasol has to play about 18 at C while Noah's out.... But they need more scoring and a primary ball-handler. The bulls want a good record, they're gonna need homecourt a 1 vs. 4 seed I can see really mattering for them. If they can get Dragic while only giving up a bench player they would just have to do that even if it leaves they're frontcourt very dependant on injury prone guys and a technical rookie.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#18 » by NashtyNas » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:06 am

damecurry wrote:
drosestruts wrote:Was trying to think of a way to get Dragic to Chicago earlier but didn't know what Phoenix wants or needs but yeah, I'd do Taj for Drajic real fast and I love Taj.

Pretty much agreed. I would be very nervous about mirotic playing 25-30 minutes a night as the primary PF since Gasol has to play about 18 at C while Noah's out.... But they need more scoring and a primary ball-handler. The bulls want a good record, they're gonna need homecourt a 1 vs. 4 seed I can see really mattering for them. If they can get Dragic while only giving up a bench player they would just have to do that even if it leaves they're frontcourt very dependant on injury prone guys and a technical rookie.

The problem is I don't think most of us Suns fans want to trade Dragic for Gibson, and I think that sentiment would be echoed by our actual front office. We have every intention of retaining Dragic and he even came out and said he wants to be here (until someone, likely his agent, made him retract those statements and say he's going for the $$).

Regardless, we're going to pay him just like we paid Bledsoe because hell where else are we going to spend that money?

I would definitely love Gibson here, but you have to understand we just put big money into the Morris twins, neither of whom is a full time SF nor C. Adding Gibson is a definite upgrade, especially defensively, but then we've got 2 good PF's needing starters minutes and only one guard with size in Green who's also an FA after the season.

I would rather go after Noah if that's at all a possibility, or simply make it IT for Gibson.
I would not be okay with moving Dragic for Gibson under the current circumstances, not unless we've got a deal lined up that moves the Morris twins and other pieces for an upgrade at SG or C.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
Revived
RealGM

Post#19 » by Revived » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:43 am

I_Socrates wrote:
damecurry wrote:

The problem is I don't think most of us Suns fans want to trade Dragic for Gibson, and I think that sentiment would be echoed by our actual front office. We have every intention of retaining Dragic and he even came out and said he wants to be here (until someone, likely his agent, made him retract those statements and say he's going for the $$).

Regardless, we're going to pay him just like we paid Bledsoe because hell where else are we going to spend that money?

I would definitely love Gibson here, but you have to understand we just put big money into the Morris twins, neither of whom is a full time SF nor C. Adding Gibson is a definite upgrade, especially defensively, but then we've got 2 good PF's needing starters minutes and only one guard with size in Green who's also an FA after the season.

I would rather go after Noah if that's at all a possibility, or simply make it IT for Gibson.
I would not be okay with moving Dragic for Gibson under the current circumstances, not unless we've got a deal lined up that moves the Morris twins and other pieces for an upgrade at SG or C.

Kieff could go back to his regular 6th man PF position he played last year when he playing very well.

Marcus has played SF this entire season and is pretty good at it so he could stay there.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#20 » by NashtyNas » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:52 am

That's not solving any problems and in fact might be one step forward for two steps back.
Losing Dragic means IT/Bledsoe playing together which is a disaster defensively full time.
Also the glut is moved to PF where either Gibson or Markieff will only get 20 minutes max unless we go REALLY small.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas

Return to Trades and Transactions