Tony Wroten trade value .

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

LeonJordanJr24
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Tony Wroten trade value . 

Post#1 » by LeonJordanJr24 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:08 pm

76ers want a draft pick, a young shooting guard or wing. Tony Wroten gets to the rim with the best of them and is a amazing passer.
jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,384

Re: Tony Wroten trade value . 

Post#2 » by jowglenn » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:28 pm

Pacers will trade you 3 wins for him
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,141

Post#3 » by jbk1234 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:26 pm

LeonJordanJr24 wrote:76ers want a draft pick, a young shooting guard or wing. Tony Wroten gets to the rim with the best of them and is a amazing passer.

He's a homeless man's Waiters.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#4 » by loserX » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:46 pm

jowglenn wrote:Pacers will trade you 3 wins for him

That's the last thing Philly wants :wink:
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#5 » by tiderulz » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:14 pm

LeonJordanJr24 wrote:76ers want a draft pick, a young shooting guard or wing. Tony Wroten gets to the rim with the best of them and is a amazing passer.

i think you meant to say he gets to the rim, but is a high volume shooter with less than average percentages and an okay passer.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,087

Post#6 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:17 pm

tiderulz wrote:

i think you meant to say he gets to the rim, but is a high volume shooter with less than average percentages and an okay passer.

Yep. He's a flashy passer, but he's not a "good" passer in an NBA game.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,538

Post#7 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:55 pm

I've described Wroten as a cross between Westbrook and Reggie Evans before.

He drives like Westbrook, but scores like Evans. Maybe there is a better comp there, but its an all hustle game that doesn't produce results.

The only teams interested in that sort of thing, and with the patience for it are teams like Philly.

So, I cannot expect a good Wroten trade to work out.

As for his trade value, a high 2nd rounder?
Boarder Patrol
Head Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#8 » by Boarder Patrol » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:44 pm

I think he's got some potential but real little trade value.

He gets to the rim which is an enormously important skill for a guard, but doesn't pass very well or shoot well so I wouldn't trust him to run my team's offense.

I think he's best served in a 20 MPG bench role next to a good shooting starting PG.

I don't think he could fetch much because he's really too raw for a contender right now. He's best served on a tanking team as a long-term developmental piece, like Philly. If they were interested in trading him away either because he's not part of the future or because they want to look at another team's prospect, I think he's worth a pair of high 2nd round picks or something.

I don't see the Rox biting now since he's been impressive in Howard's absence, but D-Mo is a guy I would have suggested a couple weeks back.
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#9 » by Rockazoids » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:47 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:I've described Wroten as a cross between Westbrook and Reggie Evans before.

He drives like Westbrook, but scores like Evans. Maybe there is a better comp there, but its an all hustle game that doesn't produce results.

The only teams interested in that sort of thing, and with the patience for it are teams like Philly.

Why does he shoot so many 3 when he not good at it? (17-64) .266%
and how is his D ? If it's avg, without the 3's seem like he would be ok.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#10 » by Bentley1225 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:52 pm

I think he's worth a couple 2nds. A nice rotational player off the bench as a 7th or 8th man.
HartfordWhalers

Post#11 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:22 pm

Rockazoids wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:I've described Wroten as a cross between Westbrook and Reggie Evans before.

Sixers have been emphasizing that the team offense take what are good shots, even if the players themselves cannot make them.

The result is an amazing expected points per shot( http://nyloncalculus.com/stats/xpps-team/ ) and yeah horrendous actual points per shot. Or the biggest gap by far in the league of performance versus what an average team would do when the offense is run the same.

For a team that has at most a few keepers, I like it.
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#12 » by Rockazoids » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:04 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Rockazoids wrote:

Sixers have been emphasizing that the team offense take what are good shots, even if the players themselves cannot make them.

The result is an amazing expected points per shot( http://nyloncalculus.com/stats/xpps-team/ ) and yeah horrendous actual points per shot. Or the biggest gap by far in the league of performance versus what an average team would do when the offense is run the same.

But wouldn't it be a bad shot if your not making them?
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
HartfordWhalers

Post#13 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:28 pm

Rockazoids wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
Rockazoids wrote:Why does he shoot so many 3 when he not good at it? (17-64) .266%

But wouldn't it be a bad shot if your not making them?

It will likely miss. But with this roster so will most shots?

If this roster was going to be here forever, you would want to tailor an offense to the team's talents to maximize current results. But the Sixers aren't about current results in any way whatsoever. And a good number of players are placeholders.

So, more than catering an offense to play within the skill sets of the guys that don't matter, the team is working to know how to run a highly effective offense (with just average players) for when they have the parts is a nice learning jump.

Or put another way, it is easy to see a sub 30% 3 pointer a bad shot, it is. But the system learning to pass out and get that shot for when someone not so offensively challenged is there and the team is doing well is well worth it for the development of Noel, of MCW, of KJ McDaniels etc.

One of the big reasons why people argue vets help a team is basically to get that sort of decision making happening, where the 'right' decisions get rewarded and reinforced. So far the Sixers have done a great job on offense reinforcing the choices that ultimately should be made, versus having the players develop habits down to the current team.

(And if Wroten can improve his consistency and get to there, that would be swell...)
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#14 » by pacers33granger » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:18 pm

I think he could become Tony Allen type player if he can learn to play within himself. And I don't mean a Tony Allen type defender, but a guy who can be a valuable player if he learns to use his skills and not do too much. He has some very good skills (great size, athleticism, ability to drive).

The issue is I'm not sure if he can do that and I don't think we'll be able to figure that out until he's on a stronger team.
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#15 » by FutureKnicksGM » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:34 am

Larkin, Early and Acy
for
Wroten?
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,553

Post#16 » by BarbaGrizz » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:44 pm

A high 2nd or a low 1st, nothing more.
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
HartfordWhalers

Post#17 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:58 pm

FutureKnicksGM wrote:Larkin, Early and Acy
for
Wroten?

Valuewise this is not bad. But the Sixers are better with prospects on cheap 4 year deals than Acy or Larkin who aren't locked up. And I would rather have a high 2nd to pick a raw prospect, than an older guy like Early.

In theory, if you get a third team to do those 3 for a very late 1st, then the late 1st to Philly for Wroten, I think you have a nice trade.

Of course, I should caveat that I don't have tons of faith that the lightning in a bottle that is Wroten's potential will ultimately shine a ton, but for those that do, based upon his raw attributes, you will never find a trade that works.
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#18 » by FutureKnicksGM » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:14 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
FutureKnicksGM wrote:Larkin, Early and Acy
for
Wroten?

Valuewise this is not bad. But the Sixers are better with prospects on cheap 4 year deals than Acy or Larkin who aren't locked up. And I would rather have a high 2nd to pick a raw prospect, than an older guy like Early.

In theory, if you get a third team to do those 3 for a very late 1st, then the late 1st to Philly for Wroten, I think you have a nice trade.

Of course, I should caveat that I don't have tons of faith that the lightning in a bottle that is Wroten's potential will ultimately shine a ton, but for those that do, based upon his raw attributes, you will never find a trade that works.

Hmm, what would you add to a Wroten & Tim Hardaway Jr Swap?

Or what contract would you take along with it :D
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,432

Post#19 » by RexBoyWonder » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:50 pm

Would Philly take Norris cole + Heat second rounder for Wroten?
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#20 » by skywalker33 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:25 am

So, he's comparable with Jordon, Dominique, Malone .... ??? LMAO

A bit of salesmanship on your part...a 2nd or two would be the best offer
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!

Return to Trades and Transactions