UTA/PHX/NYK

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

UTA/PHX/NYK 

Post#1 » by AingesBurner » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:53 pm

UTA OUT: Burke, Kanter, Hood, Novak, and 2 future 2nds.
UTA IN: Dragic and the better Morris Twin

PHX OUT: Dragic, Thomas, the better Morris Twin, and PJ Tucker
PHX IN: Carmelo, Burke, and 2 future 2nds.

NYK out: Carmelo
NYK In: Kanter, Hood, Thomas, Tucker, and Novak

Why for Utah: We need a PG and PF

Why for PHX: They need a superstar for the next level

Why for NYK: They need to rebuild.
Ingles is cooked.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,121

Re: UTA/PHX/NYK 

Post#2 » by jbk1234 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:02 pm

Underkanter wrote:UTA OUT: Burke, Kanter, Hood, Novak, and 2 future 2nds.

Usually when you need to rebuild and you trade your superstar you get first round picks back. You aren't even giving NY swap rights. This is just awful for NY.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Post#3 » by AingesBurner » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:05 pm

jbk1234 wrote:

Usually when you need to rebuild and you trade your superstar you get first round picks back. You aren't even giving NY swap rights. This is just awful for NY.

Not really when they have so much tied up in just Carmelo, if his contract was more team friendly I could see picks being thrown around but how can they complain when they are getting a 3 positions they actually have need for?
Ingles is cooked.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,121

Post#4 » by jbk1234 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:12 pm

Underkanter wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Not really when they have so much tied up in just Carmelo, if his contract was more team friendly I could see picks being thrown around but how can they complain when they are getting a 3 positions they actually have need for?

How can they complain? Because they wouldn't necessarily be better and they wouldn't have anyway of rebuilding. Because that isn't even close to the best offer they could get for Melo.

The first thing that would happen if a conversation started would be Phil Jackson asking why Utah was even in this trade. Then he would take Bledsoe, both Morris twins, and a first (or two from) Phoenix.

Now if I'm wrong on my evaluation of Melo's value, Phoenix instead cuts out Utah, keeps Bledsoe, offers Dragic or IT instead, the Morris twins, and a single first-round pick.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#5 » by loserX » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:38 pm

No from Utah. Not giving up that many youth assets when Dragic can just walk in the offseason. That's a move contenders look at, not teams in our position.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,339

Post#6 » by Revived » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:54 pm

jbk1234 wrote:

Carmelo isn't a "superstar", he's a star that's it.
skflives
Banned User
And1: 281

Post#7 » by skflives » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:09 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Underkanter wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

How can they complain? Because they wouldn't necessarily be better and they wouldn't have anyway of rebuilding. Because that isn't even close to the best offer they could get for Melo.

The first thing that would happen if a conversation started would be Phil Jackson asking why Utah was even in this trade. Then he would take Bledsoe, both Morris twins, and a first (or two from) Phoenix.

Now if I'm wrong on my evaluation of Melo's value, Phoenix instead cuts out Utah, keeps Bledsoe, offers Dragic or IT instead, the Morris twins, and a single first-round pick.
exactly. It's a much better offer than another deal some idiot posted because this deal offers the Knicks youth but it isn't enough.
Hedda Gambler
Bench Warmer
And1: 387

Post#8 » by Hedda Gambler » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:16 pm

loserX wrote:No from Utah. Not giving up that many youth assets when Dragic can just walk in the offseason. That's a move contenders look at, not teams in our position.

Yup. I`d love to pair up Dragic with Exum, but I`d rather move Novak, Burke and Booker in the offseason and offer him a big contract when he becomes a free agent in the summer.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,099

Post#9 » by jazzfan1971 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:43 pm

If I was running the Knicks I wouldnt' move Melo. If for no other reason than he sells tickets.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."

Return to Trades and Transactions