PHI/MIL/LAL

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Re: PHI/MIL/LAL 

Post#21 » by the_process » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:44 am

Laimbeer wrote:
oyoyer wrote:This whole thread is hysterical.

Please elaborate.

Suffice it to say that chuckers are never that valuable, and defense wins championships.
Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,478

Post#22 » by Karmaloop » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:10 am

Dimitraa wrote:So Mil trades Knight Sanders and Jabari for Noel and MCW?
I have no words.

And the Lakers trade Julius Randle and Steve Nash's corpse for Brandon Knight and Larry Sanders? LMAO. The only team who says yes is Philadelphia.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#23 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:16 am

Foshan wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:
oyoyer wrote:This whole thread is hysterical.

Please elaborate.

I will try to phrase this carefully, as how epically unfair this is and how Philly totally steals the cake, etc. has been stated repeatedly.

Personally <done Philly homer glasses> I don't really like the idea.
1. Supposedly their were rumors around draft time that MCW might be on his way to the Lakers for the 7 pick. Philly was pretty divided on the trade, but I think more didn't like the idea than did. I may be miss remembering. I was never a big Randle fan, and so wouldn't see dealing MCW for him as all that good a deal. That said, I could see where both teams could like/not like it.

2. Which, then leaves Parker/Noel. I think as of right now it is clear that Parker is off to a better start. However, Noel is coming off of a significant injury and big men tend to take a little longer to adjust... oh and his teammates are pretty awful. I really expect as the season Noel is going to just get better and better. <Parker probably would have too> However, considering Parker is just beginning down the road of an injury that Noel has already recovered from... I don't think Parker's value is at its highest, in fact i think its starting a pretty significant dip, while Noel's is rising. Again, just don't see this as a great long term move for Philly.

I think where the real value breaks down is with the valuation of MIL's players. For this to work as stated, Sander's has to be viewed as a pretty significant negative/bloated contract. While Nash has to be viewed as an incredible positive in that he's free-insurance money that a team 'needs' to save cash. (A situation that MIL is not in, i think). This also places Randle's value at his draft status, not the broken leg--lets see how he recovers value.

Yeah, I don't like this at all. But before even getting into the pieces of it, you have Philly basically taking 2 power forwards. Value is going to be lost here, and Jabari has not shown to be a sf imo.

As is, Noel versus Jabari is a really interesting comparison:
Jabari has been very solid offensively already, and is extremely young. On the otherhand, his defensive stats are all pretty atrocious.
Noel has been very solid defensively already, and is extremely young. On the otherhand, his offensive stats are all pretty atrocious.

I like Noel better personally, but I could see huge swings in who likes who and by how much. However, that Jabari has not started coming back yet has to weigh in.

For Randle versus MCW, I don't see how Randle can come close to MCW. Already had concerns about his game translating (Thomas Robinson style post player who struggled versus size in college), his summer league was poor, and his health is a question (screw in foot, and now the injury). He's so much less proven than MCW and with enough lingering questions and not a projected giant upside, its trading a player for a guy that if everything goes perfect projects to have at most the same impact, but more likely way less.

Maybe I will add some stats on how Noel versus Jabari compare, but as is, there isn;t a reason for Philly to do this.
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#24 » by Dcebucks11 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:05 am

Laimbeer wrote:
Foshan wrote:
I think where the real value breaks down is with the valuation of MIL's players. For this to work as stated, Sander's has to be viewed as a pretty significant negative/bloated contract. While Nash has to be viewed as an incredible positive in that he's free-insurance money that a team 'needs' to save cash. (A situation that MIL is not in, i think). This also places Randle's value at his draft status, not the broken leg--lets see how he recovers value.

If you (you in the general sense) view Sanders' as a negative - as some do - this looks pretty good for Milwaukee. They dump him for an expiring and then swap Parker for Noel and MCW.

Again, as I look at this deal, the shakiest value is probably the Lakers.

No this is terrible for milwaukee. MCW's shooting numbers and Turnover rate are awful, I'd actually rather have knight than him and I don't like knight... Noel is basically the same player as Sanders but Sanders is older and on a larger contract... No interest whatsoever. Bucks will wait for Parker to come back sometime next season, not like they're going deep into the playoffs this yr anyways.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,009

Post#25 » by mattg » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:31 am

Basically there needs to be no MCW trades at all. Philly likes the kid and he was ROY, but every other team in the league is going to value him as a mediocre player at best because he's old for a 2nd year guy, collects his stats on the worst teams in history, is a turnover machine, and absolutely horrendous shooting the basketball. No one is ever going to offer anything remotely valuable for the kid because of that, it just doesn't make sense to. And if that's the case for Philly they may as well just keep him and hope he improves because he surely doesn't help them win now and no team that's trying to compete is going to want to give anything decent for him.

Like as a bucks fan, I laugh at the idea of swapping Brandon knight for MCW, I think it'd be hilariously bad. And this comes from someone who views knight as a 6th man, a nonstarter on any legit team because he's bad at running offense, has bad shot selection, poor vision, and inconsistent play defensively. Despite him having prototypical size/athleticism, good spot up shooting ability, and being a hard worker/good locker room guy.

I look at MCW and see that he's older than knight, one of the worst guard shooters/scorers in the league, a turnover machine who I'd never trust to run a competent offense, and a guy who gambles a lot defensively. Yeah his size/athletic ability let him make defensive plays and rebound well fora guard, but that stuff is minimal impact comparatively. MCW to me is a guy like Iman Shumpert but with all the touches on a truly terrible team. Not a guy you want handling the ball a lot, but more a guy you bring in off the bench to change the pace and get some transition going or something. Value wise, I look at MCW and think he's worth a 1st rounder in the 20-30 range. Compare that to philly's opinion and it's just obvious that no deal can ever happen really.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#26 » by machu46 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:33 pm

While I do really like MCW, I think this trade would be enough for me to not only give up being a Bucks fan, but give up on following the NBA at all. It's that bad.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.

Return to Trades and Transactions