GS - Denver trade

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Darren_Errman
Senior
And1: 265

GS - Denver trade 

Post#1 » by Darren_Errman » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:36 pm

Harrison Barnes and Festus Ezeli for Wilson Chandler and Timofey Mozgov.

If Denver rebuilds it wants young prospects.

GS needs veterans. Mozgov is ready to contribute now. Ezeli looks like a couple years away.

Barnes is looking like a stud. Very high ceiling.

Barnes > Chandler. Mozgov > Ezeli. Evens out.

Denver fans would your team do this?
nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,614

Re: GS - Denver trade 

Post#2 » by nomansland » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:57 pm

Darren_Errman wrote:Harrison Barnes and Festus Ezeli for Wilson Chandler and Timofey Mozgov.

GS needs veterans. Mozgov is ready to contribute now. Ezeli looks like a couple years away.

It's like re-arranging deck chairs on the titanic. It's not a bad trade, but I don't really see how it helps the team in the long run.
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,603

Post#3 » by youngthegiant » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:29 pm

I would consider but I think GS needs to add a piece to the deal. Barnes for Chandler is a wash but Mozgov has more value than ezeli.
CBFAlex
Rookie
And1: 69

Post#4 » by CBFAlex » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:37 pm

Is Barnes better than chandler?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,141

Post#5 » by jbk1234 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:56 pm

CBFAlex wrote:Is Barnes better than chandler?

Unless I was a contender, I'd prefer Barnes because he could grow with my team. I think Mozgov is overrated so I'd pull the trigger here if I were Denver.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Darren_Errman
Senior

Post#6 » by Darren_Errman » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:04 pm

Barnes is playing really well. Shooting 53/41/79. He rebounds like a beast this year. Plus young and has untapped upside. I only included Chandler cuz losing Barnes leaves GS a hole at 3/4. The main purpose of this trade is to get GS a center better than Ezeli. But i think Barnes is the best player in this trade. He's not the same Barnes from last year. He is very well rounded now and plays with a ton of confidence.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,700

Post#7 » by Warriorfan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:12 pm

Fair but salary does not match.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#8 » by old rem » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:15 pm

nomansland wrote:
Darren_Errman wrote:Harrison Barnes and Festus Ezeli for Wilson Chandler and Timofey Mozgov.

It's like re-arranging deck chairs on the titanic. It's not a bad trade, but I don't really see how it helps the team in the long run.
well...the MONEY/the Cap crap...is SO far from possible....

GSW might be okay geting OLDER.. but adding a BUNCH of salary.. can not be DONE. Nah.. really.. even if the players work for GSW.. the SALARY/Cap etc..ain't POSSIBLE.

hard to say how Denver justifies it. They save (not possible} Missins.. but probably drop a notch among West Also rans.. yet not so far ss to be a strong tank.
CENSORED... No comment.
californiadude
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#9 » by californiadude » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:16 pm

youngthegiant wrote:I would consider but I think GS needs to add a piece to the deal. Barnes for Chandler is a wash but Mozgov has more value than ezeli.

First let me say that I'm absolutely in love with Mozgov and I have been pumping him over on the Ws board for awhile now...

With that said I disagree with your evaluation of Chandler/Barnes not trying to say one is better than the other or get into a shouting contest but...Everywhere I look, I see everyone saying that Chandler can be had for a mid to late first at the deadline....Barnes is worth more...

You have to think about the fact that Barnes is 22 and is locked up on a rookie deal. Right now if the Clippers had to chose between one or the other they most likely go with Chandler. But I think that opinion is probably only true of 5/30 teams. I get that Chandler is one of the most versatile players in the nba, but I don't think he has the same value as Barnes for the majority of the nba.

I'd have to consider this because of my love for Mozzie but I don't think I sweeten this at all (for one I don't even know what the extra asset would be)...I most likely keep looking but keep the offer in my backpocket. Not hating the value (Probably pretty darn close to spot on in that regard) but it seems kind of like a sideways move and I just don't see it moving the needle enough to make it worth giving up good prospect. I could change my mind tomorrow, but for right now I'd rather save my war chest for other potential endeavors...
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#10 » by old rem » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:48 pm

Darren_Errman wrote:Barnes is playing really well. Shooting 53/41/79. He rebounds like a beast this year. Plus young and has untapped upside. I only included Chandler cuz losing Barnes leaves GS a hole at 3/4. The main purpose of this trade is to get GS a center better than Ezeli. But i think Barnes is the best player in this trade. He's not the same Barnes from last year. He is very well rounded now and plays with a ton of confidence.

GSW has a C better than Ezeli....Speights. The guy has a PER better than Klay. He scores 12 ppg in 17 minutes.
Mos would be a lot more $.. but still a 3rd string C..and likely..NOT happy about that. Whatever.. GSW can npot up the payroll that far.
CENSORED... No comment.
Darren_Errman
Senior

Post#11 » by Darren_Errman » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:48 pm

To be honest it hurts quite a bit to lose Barnes in a trade like this. He looks so promising right now. But we all know GS' title hope lives and dies with Bogut's health. GS needs a competent backup for Bogut to have a chance in a physical 7 game series against the Clips, the Rox, the Blazers, the Grizz of the West. Quite possibly all 3 rounds will be against a big tall front court.
Darren_Errman
Senior

Post#12 » by Darren_Errman » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:50 pm

Oh please can we stop with this Speights stuff? Hes a good scorer off the bench but he has no prayer of guarding the big men of the West. Especially when games become physical and grinding in the playoffs. If Bogut is out, i pee my pants thinking about Speights playing heavy minutes in the playoffs.
californiadude
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by californiadude » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:00 pm

Darren_Errman wrote:Oh please can we stop with this Speights stuff? Hes a good scorer off the bench but he has no prayer of guarding the big men of the West. Especially when games become physical and grinding in the playoffs. If Bogut is out, i pee my pants thinking about Speights playing heavy minutes in the playoffs.

This...Finally an ally.
californiadude
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by californiadude » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:01 pm

Darren_Errman wrote:To be honest it hurts quite a bit to lose Barnes in a trade like this. He looks so promising right now. But we all know GS' title hope lives and dies with Bogut's health. GS needs a competent backup for Bogut to have a chance in a physical 7 game series against the Clips, the Rox, the Blazers, the Grizz of the West. Quite possibly all 3 rounds will be against a big tall front court.

Yeah I'm 100% with you on the center issue. Just not sure we shouldn't look to get Dalambert on the cheap vs Mozgov...Nothing has to be done right this second...We have time on our side.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#15 » by azwfan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:02 pm

I'd rather go for O'Neal or Okafor. After striking out on those two, then i'd consider something like this.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#16 » by azwfan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:03 pm

californiadude wrote:
Darren_Errman wrote:To be honest it hurts quite a bit to lose Barnes in a trade like this. He looks so promising right now. But we all know GS' title hope lives and dies with Bogut's health. GS needs a competent backup for Bogut to have a chance in a physical 7 game series against the Clips, the Rox, the Blazers, the Grizz of the West. Quite possibly all 3 rounds will be against a big tall front court.

Yeah I'm 100% with you on the center issue. Just not sure we shouldn't look to get Dalambert on the cheap vs Mozgov...Nothing has to be done right this second...We have time on our side.

What do you think Dalembert would cost us?

I really dont want to give up Barnes nor Ezeli unless its a significant upgrade.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
californiadude
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by californiadude » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:47 pm

azwfan wrote:
californiadude wrote:

What do you think Dalembert would cost us?

I really dont want to give up Barnes nor Ezeli unless its a significant upgrade.

ithink you might get Dalembert for Ezeli/Kuzmic and a couple seconds come deadline time...That's me shooting the bull but their are always expiring centers getting shipped around during the deadline...I'd like Mozgov, just not sure he's worth giving up barnes for...

Return to Trades and Transactions