Rondo to Houston (4 Team)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

SparringPartner
Sixth Man
And1: 845

Re: Rondo to Houston (4 Team) 

Post#21 » by SparringPartner » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:10 pm

cucad8 wrote:If Sacramento was willing to move McLemore, Williams and Evans for Josh SMith, which I don't think they'd be willing to do, then why would Detroit bother with the Monroe for Sullinger and Wallace aspect of the deal? Just cut everyone out and dump Smith.

Detroit is losing Monroe. This deal replaces him with a 22 year PF who is a better fit with Drummond. All that's been reported is that Sac wants Josh Smith. Maybe it was Detroit that turned them down, who knows.
SparringPartner
Sixth Man

Post#22 » by SparringPartner » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:11 pm

Higgs Boston wrote:Give all-star - Not right now he isn't, but have him play with Harden/D12 then yes
start rebuild mode, - already in one buddy
next step? give good young player for dump bad contract like contender. - Monroe > Sullinger and drop contract

Ok.

See comments in RED
RightToCensor
Head Coach
And1: 7,410

Post#23 » by RightToCensor » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:15 pm

SparringPartner wrote:
RightToCensor wrote:I'd honestly rather have Cannan and Terry on this team. Rondo maybe the better overall player, but his skillset doesn't fit our offensive scheme.

Rumors state "Mavericks, Rockets Engaged With Celtics On Rajon Rondo Trade Talks"

Your entitled to you opinion and ultimately you might be correct. I can't help but question your "homerism" with your comment. Rondo > Terry/Canaan...lol, not even close.

Great players aren't always gonna fit with every team they're on (see Josh Smith).

The fact that Rondo is historically bad when it comes to shooting and there's a possibility for him to get traded to the team that shoots the most threes in the league such a bad fit. Once Rondo's playing time starts to decrease because of his lack of playing time due to his lack of shooting he'll just skip town to the highest bidder.

Nobody is disagreeing that Rondo is the better overall player, but he simply doesn't fit our offense.

Bottom line is, I hope to god we DON'T get Rondo.
SparringPartner
Sixth Man

Post#24 » by SparringPartner » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:18 pm

RightToCensor wrote:The fact that Rondo is historically bad when it comes to shooting and there's a possibility for him to get traded to the team that shoots the most threes in the league MAYBE THIS ISN'T A GOOD THING? such a bad fit. Once Rondo's playing time starts to decrease because of his lack of playing time due to his lack of shooting he'll just skip town to the highest bidder. RONDO WON'T NEED TO SHOOT ON A TEAM WITH HOUSTONS TALENT. HE'S A PERFECT FIT!

Nobody is disagreeing that Rondo is the better overall player, but he simply doesn't fit our offense. WRONG

Bottom line is, I hope to god we DON'T get Rondo.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,144

Post#25 » by jbk1234 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:24 pm

pelifan wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I think it's pretty hilarious that there are Celtics' fans who wouldn't do this trade. There are going to be some disappointed people in Boston if Rondo is traded.

And this is from a CLE fan so And 1 and a flagrant foul

Cleveland has a patent on disappointment. We should all get a royalty check. There is a reason our city is referred to as the Factory of Sadness when it comes to sports.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Higgs Boston
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,625

Post#26 » by Higgs Boston » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:26 pm

SparringPartner wrote:
Higgs Boston wrote:Give all-star - Not right now he isn't, but have him play with Harden/D12 then yes
next step? give good young player for dump bad contract like contender. - Monroe > Sullinger and drop contract

Ok.

See comments in RED

- Isn't relevant if now is all-star, the question is that is an all-star caliber player and the best player in the roster, if you trade your best player and all-star you start full rebuild.
- This comparison hasn't sense, Monroe is a C without bird rights that is practically out of detroit, he want to leave and pretend to get big contract (overpaid like a center). Sullinger is PF with rookie contract and good performance, has rather more value, it's indifferent if you believe that is better or worse player.
- Celtics and other teams that are in rebuild not need cap space, and less use young players for dump bad contracts.
SparringPartner
Sixth Man

Post#27 » by SparringPartner » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:31 pm

Higgs Boston wrote:- Isn't relevant if now is all-star, the question is that is an all-star caliber player and the best player in the roster, if you trade your best player and all-star you start full rebuild. Boston decided to rebuild when they drafted Smart. I'm sorry you're just now coming to that realization.
- This comparison hasn't sense, Monroe is a C without bird rights that is practically out of detroit, he want to leave and pretend to get big contract (overpaid like a center). Sullinger is PF with rookie contract and good performance, has rather more value, it's indifferent if you believe that is better or worse player.I think you make a very logical point here. Hard to determine from where we sit.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,144

Post#28 » by jbk1234 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:33 pm

Higgs Boston wrote:
SparringPartner wrote:

Ok.

See comments in RED

- Isn't relevant if now is all-star, the question is that is an all-star caliber player and the best player in the roster, if you trade your best player and all-star you start full rebuild.
- First of all, this comparison hasn't sense, Monroe is a C without bird rights that is practically out of detroit, he want to leave and pretend to get big contract (overpaid like a center). Sullinger is PF with rookie contract and good performance, has rather more value, it's indifferent if you believe that is better or worse player.

The Celtics started the rebuilding process when they traded KG and PP. The Celtics are in a rebuild whether they trade Rondo or not. He's not playing at an all-star level now which is all that matters. Other teams aren't going to give you what you want for Rondo just because you would prefer to have it. Other teams are going to give you what they think he's worth right now. If you can't come to an agreement, he's gone this off season. He's not sticking around any more than Gasol stuck around in L.A.

Monroe probably isn't waiving his Bird rights to go to Boston anyway so you don't have to worry about it.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
SparringPartner
Sixth Man

Post#29 » by SparringPartner » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:41 pm

jbk1234 wrote:The Celtics started the rebuilding process when they traded KG and PP. The Celtics are in a rebuild whether they trade Rondo or not. He's not playing at an all-star level now which is all that matters. Other teams aren't going to give you what you want for Rondo just because you would prefer to have it. Other teams are going to give you what they think he's worth right now. TEAMS WILL ALSO VALUE HOW THEY THINK HE'LL DO AFTER THE TRADE AS WELL, SO VALUE CAN BE HIGHER THAN CURRENT FOR THE TEAM TRADING FOR THE PLAYER If you can't come to an agreement, he's gone this off season. He's not sticking around any more than Gasol stuck around in L.A.

Monroe probably isn't waiving his Bird rights to go to Boston anyway so you don't have to worry about it. YOU COULD BE RIGHT OF COURSE, BUT REMEMBER EVERYONE SAID MONROE WOULD NEVER EXCEPT THE QUALIFYING OFFER EITHER AS A PLAYER OF HIS CALIBER HAS NEVER DONE IT, SO WHO KNOWS
zapatasblood
General Manager
And1: 580

Post#30 » by zapatasblood » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:22 pm

Doubt the Rocket had any real interest just Morey doing his job in checking under every stone.
Light beer is for pregnant woman and children
"How sweet it is!" -Gene Peterson
And you never once paid for drugs Not once
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#31 » by bondom34 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:24 pm

SparringPartner wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Wow, thats way too much for Rondo. Houston's giving up way more than needed, Sacramento I don't like either.

Houston is basically giving up a decent pick (10-15) for Rondo. I'm not agreeing with your post?

Apparently not? Terry's been good for them, Caanan is decent, Daniels showed good potential, and Capela was just taken lsat year. They give up 2 average/good prospects, a good bench player, another decent one, and a pick for Rondo, who's expiring and I don't think is worth it for them.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO

Return to Trades and Transactions