POR/BKN - Wonder Twin Powers, ACTIVATE!

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

JordanL
Sixth Man
And1: 267

POR/BKN - Wonder Twin Powers, ACTIVATE! 

Post#1 » by JordanL » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:04 pm

So, this isn't my trade. I saw it on another forum and thought I'd post it here because it was interesting.

His argument was that the Nets aren't going anywhere, and it gives them some young players to work with and it helps them dump salary.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o5bjuol

POR Sends
Thomas Robinson
Dorrel Wright
CJ McCollum
Meyers Leonard
Victor Claver

BKN Sends
Brook Lopez
Brandon Davies

Personally, I'm not sure why Portland would do this even though it's okay value. We would have to have either Robin or Brook come off the bench, because Aldridge is the best player on the team and is starting. This would also reduce the need for Kaman, so I guess that frees him up to be traded? Portland's wing rotation is also reduced to Crabbe and Barton, so they'd probably have to follow this up with something like Kaman + Barton for Kevin Martin or something.

Anyway, though it would be funny to see how people here react to this trade.
PDX MM
Veteran
And1: 959

Re: POR/BKN - Wonder Twin Powers, ACTIVATE! 

Post#2 » by PDX MM » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:31 pm

Could be interesting with the Lopez brothers back together but there is no way Portland would consider this deal. Brook makes way to much money and is injured to often. Our goal is to keep Robin and Matthews and this trade would all but kill that idea.

Return to Trades and Transactions