Vivek Goes For It (w/ PHI, BKN, DET)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Vivek Goes For It (w/ PHI, BKN, DET) 

Post#1 » by BullyKing » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:52 pm

I think these might actually require a few smaller trades like Sims into the Acy exception, Hollis Thompson into the Thornton exception, Jefferson into the I. Thomas exception but I'm throwing them all together.

SAC trades: Stauskas, Landry, D. Williams, Evans, J. Thompson, Hollins, E. Moreland, Sessions
SAC receives: Deron Williams, Josh Smith, Sims, Hollis Thompson, Cory Jefferson

Stauskas is the only thing of value that the Kings give up and also lose the Landry and Thompson contracts. Sure, Deron and Josh Smith are risky but both expire at the same time and they aren't a lot of other realistic options for them to make a playoff push in the next couple of years. If it works, great. If not, I don't think they are in a drastically different position than if they didn't make the trade.

BKN trades: Deron, Jefferson
BKN receives: Jennings, E. Moreland, Landry

Nets reduce their tax bill and get rid of Deron's contract for the shorter Jennings deal and much cheaper Landry one.

PHI trades: Sims, H. Thompson
PHI receives: Stauskas, J. Thompson, Evans, D. Williams, 2016 1st round pick from DET ('16: top 14 protected, '17: top 10 protection, '18: top 3 protection, '19 unprotected)

Philly gets Stauskas and a future pick from Detroit for taking on the $9 million in expirings and the remainder of Thompson's deal. While Sims and Thompson have both had their moments as role players, they are both imminently replaceable.

DET trades: Smith, Jennings, and 2016 1st round pick ('16: top 14 protected, '17: top 10 protection, '18: top 3 protection, '19 unprotected)
DET receives: Hollins and Sessions

Detroit manages to dump both Smith and Jennings for the cost of one decently protected future 1st.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
bluedorito
Sophomore
And1: 14

Re: Vivek Goes For It (w/ PHI, BKN, DET) 

Post#2 » by bluedorito » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:00 pm

Wow, what a trade for Philly. Stauskas and a 1st rounder for garbage? Not to mention that Thompson is actually a decent player and they get to try out Williams.

This trade makes sense for all teams. Detroit fans probably won't like giving up a 1st but I think it's worth it to get away from Jennings and Smith.
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Post#3 » by Mykhyn » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:03 pm

Philly is making out like bandits tbh

This limits the Pistons ability to trade for a long time and makes them significantly worse. Bad combo

Nets probably do it

Kings.. im really not sure. They might just be crazy enough to do it.

I'd add Wroten to Pistons and call it good or change the 1st to 2 2nds
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#4 » by BullyKing » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:05 pm

Cklbmk wrote:Philly is making out like bandits tbh

This limits the Pistons ability to trade for a long time and makes them significantly worse. Bad combo

Nets probably do it

Kings.. im really not sure. They might just be crazy enough to do it.

I'd add Wroten to Pistons and call it good or change the 1st to 2 2nds

I went back and forth on adding the Wroten to DET part so yeah, I have no problem adding that in.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,521

Post#5 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:39 pm

Definitely too good for Philly.
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,453

Post#6 » by rpa » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:41 pm

So the Kings go from offering nothing but spare parts to throwing in their lottery pick from last year? Yeah, I have a hard time seeing that happening. Philly's only purpose in this trade is to steal value from the other 3 teams.
jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,376

Post#7 » by jowglenn » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:44 pm

Wait... who are the Kings' backup bigs after this?
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#8 » by mattao313 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:54 pm

No DET not trading no 1st rounders.
Championships
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#9 » by Dcebucks11 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:55 pm

vivek should prob chill.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,826

Post#10 » by giberish » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:31 pm

Really no reason for Philly here.

Detroit can just take Williams (EC filler at worst) and Thompson (defense-1st 3rd big on a 2-year deal). They don't need the immediate salary relief and even for next year probably can't effectively use major cap space.

This lets Detroit keep their pick (as a rebuilding team they certainly shouldn't be trading any), and lets Sacramento keep Stauskas. Or the Kings could include Stauskas but get some useful cheap bigs (for depth) from the Nets.
username_taken
Veteran
And1: 2,412

Post#11 » by username_taken » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:04 pm

So Philly gives up a scrub in Hollis and a decent backup in Sims and gets a top 10 pick from the most recent draft and other picks? Get real.

Return to Trades and Transactions