Melo to the Celtics

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

mike d
Sophomore
And1: 18

Melo to the Celtics 

Post#1 » by mike d » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:18 am

Looks like Phil Jackson is ready to trade him this offseason so heres 2 players that would fit well into the system Bradley and Olynik. Them plus a high pick in this years draft should be enough for the Cs to land Melo. For the KNicks: good start to a rebaulding team. For the Celtics: Get a star player who can possibly attract free agnts. I think Anthony clearly doesnt want to be in New York anymore. U may say the Knicks arnt getting enough, however the Cs got much less for Rondo. I know it was a contract year for him but we arnt seeing the same Melo as in past years. And I beleive Danny will take that trade as he says every team needs 2 or 3 star players to win a ship. So what do you guys think?
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,173

Post#2 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:22 am

Celtics don't have the players to help Melo compete. Plus with the state of The Celtics now I doubt they want a $100 million player
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,643

Re: Melo to the Celtics 

Post#3 » by Smitty731 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:27 am

I could see this in the offseason, if the Celtics had other pieces to bring in as well. I'm not a Carmelo fan, but there aren't many other guys in the league who are as pure as a scorer as he is. That is something in demand. I also think you need a secure, veteran coach in place who will keep him reigned in too. I don't know that Stevens is ready for that quite yet.
mike d
Sophomore

Post#4 » by mike d » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:38 am

From what I have been hearing Ainge will also go after a big name free agent.
mike d
Sophomore

Post#5 » by mike d » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:38 am

From what I have been hearing Ainge will also go after a big name free agent.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#6 » by skywalker33 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:22 am

I can possibly see this from the Celtic side, but if the Knicks trade Melo, they are going into full rebuild mode and since they have already traded their next years #1, how likely is that ?
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#7 » by SuperflyKnick » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:22 am

mike d wrote:Looks like Phil Jackson is ready to trade him this offseason so heres 2 players that would fit well into the system Bradley and Olynik. Them plus a high pick in this years draft should be enough for the Cs to land Melo. For the KNicks: good start to a rebaulding team. For the Celtics: Get a star player who can possibly attract free agnts. I think Anthony clearly doesnt want to be in New York anymore. U may say the Knicks arnt getting enough, however the Cs got much less for Rondo. I know it was a contract year for him but we arnt seeing the same Melo as in past years. And I beleive Danny will take that trade as he says every team needs 2 or 3 star players to win a ship. So what do you guys think?

Who said Jackson is ready to trade him ?

Who said melo had enough of NY ?
GreenMachine
Head Coach
And1: 998

Post#8 » by GreenMachine » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:30 am

Melo is damaged goods on a huge contract. NO ONE is going to trade for him until he proves he can stay on the court... which won't be this season, so no trade this summer either. He would need to get surgery and then come back and play half of next season at a high level before anyone would consider it. But oh yeah... he'll be getting old by then and still have many years at ridiculous money on his deal. Yikes.
skflives
Banned User
And1: 281

Post#9 » by skflives » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:02 am

mike d wrote:Looks like Phil Jackson is ready to trade him this offseason so heres 2 players that would fit well into the system Bradley and Olynik. Them plus a high pick in this years draft should be enough for the Cs to land Melo. For the KNicks: good start to a rebaulding team. For the Celtics: Get a star player who can possibly attract free agnts. I think Anthony clearly doesnt want to be in New York anymore. U may say the Knicks arnt getting enough, however the Cs got much less for Rondo. I know it was a contract year for him but we arnt seeing the same Melo as in past years. And I beleive Danny will take that trade as he says every team needs 2 or 3 star players to win a ship. So what do you guys think?

This is absolute nonsense. Phil is not going to trade Melo and is not planning on trading Melo. Melo doesn't want to leave. And if we were to trade him to the Celtics any deal would have to start with Marcus Smart or their #7 because a package headlined by Sullinger or Kelly Olynk isn't going to cut it.
skflives
Banned User

Post#10 » by skflives » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:04 am

GreenMachine wrote:Melo is damaged goods on a huge contract. NO ONE is going to trade for him until he proves he can stay on the court... which won't be this season, so no trade this summer either. He would need to get surgery and then come back and play half of next season at a high level before anyone would consider it. But oh yeah... he'll be getting old by then and still have many years at ridiculous money on his deal. Yikes.

Old????? He'd only be 31 and he'd have 4 years left on his deal. He'd be all of 35 years old at the end of his deal. Give me a break.
GreenMachine
Head Coach

Post#11 » by GreenMachine » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:12 am

skflives wrote:
GreenMachine wrote:Melo is damaged goods on a huge contract. NO ONE is going to trade for him until he proves he can stay on the court... which won't be this season, so no trade this summer either. He would need to get surgery and then come back and play half of next season at a high level before anyone would consider it. But oh yeah... he'll be getting old by then and still have many years at ridiculous money on his deal. Yikes.

Old????? He'd only be 31 and he'd have 4 years left on his deal. He'd be all of 35 years old at the end of his deal. Give me a break.

He's damaged goods.
skflives
Banned User

Post#12 » by skflives » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:56 am

GreenMachine wrote:
skflives wrote:

He's damaged goods.

That's debatable. What Isn't debatable is that you were way off when you said he was old.
GreenMachine
Head Coach

Post#13 » by GreenMachine » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:09 am

skflives wrote:
GreenMachine wrote:
skflives wrote:

He's damaged goods.

That's debatable. What Isn't debatable is that you were way off when you said he was old.

Well he'll be 31/32 by the time he proves heathy... IF he proves healthy... and the average age in the NBA is 26/27... and most guys retire around 35/36... so, yeah... he'll be NBA old. And overpaid.
skflives
Banned User

Post#14 » by skflives » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:40 pm

GreenMachine wrote:
skflives wrote:
GreenMachine wrote:
He's damaged goods.

Well he'll be 31/32 by the time he proves heathy... IF he proves healthy... and the average age in the NBA is 26/27... and most guys retire around 35/36... so, yeah... he'll be NBA old. And overpaid.

Most guys retire well before 35/36 because they suck. Rather than change your argument from he's old to some arbitrary definition of NBA old just admit you were exaggerating if not outright misinformed. It won't hurt.
Elrod is Back
Starter
And1: 2,241

Post#15 » by Elrod is Back » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:29 pm

The only trade I can see for Melo is to a contender that badly needs scoring, and is willing to part with at least one decent no. 1 pick.

Melo really makes no sense for the Knicks right now because the Knicks are years away from contention, even if they win the lottery and sign Kevin Love as a free agent.
mike d
Sophomore

Post#16 » by mike d » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:31 pm

Hey, hasnt Lebron always said he wanted to play with Melo. Its a little farfetched but lets see what moves Danny makes to entice free agents this offseason.
skflives
Banned User

Post#17 » by skflives » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:36 pm

Elrod is Back wrote:The only trade I can see for Melo is to a contender that badly needs scoring, and is willing to part with at least one decent no. 1 pick.

Melo really makes no sense for the Knicks right now because the Knicks are years away from contention, even if they win the lottery and sign Kevin Love as a free agent.

Lets see what happens after free agency before we start talking about how long the Knicks are from contention.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,833

Post#18 » by Celts17Pride » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:04 pm

Ainge is not trading for Melo. Age, Health, Salary and Cost to acquire all make it a definite no for the Celtics.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,044

Post#19 » by Laimbeer » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:55 pm

The Knicks had a basic blueprint when Phil came in. 1) Resign Melo 2)Attract a top free agent or two in 2015. That pretty much remains intact, and a top draft pick may be in the war chest as well.
GreenMachine
Head Coach

Post#20 » by GreenMachine » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:57 pm

skflives wrote:
GreenMachine wrote:
skflives wrote:That's debatable. What Isn't debatable is that you were way off when you said he was old.

Most guys retire well before 35/36 because they suck. Rather than change your argument from he's old to some arbitrary definition of NBA old just admit you were exaggerating if not outright misinformed. It won't hurt.

When talking about NBA players and saying someone is "old" you are OBVIOUSLY talking about "NBA OLD" - no one in the NBA is "old" - "old" is 80. Did you really think I meant Melo would be 80 in a year and a half?

Return to Trades and Transactions