Per WT: Suns Plumlee make your bids:

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Per WT: Suns Plumlee make your bids: 

Post#1 » by nykballa2k4 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:35 am

WT says Suns are looking to trade their Plumlee for "at least 1 first round pick"

To that I say: Knicks bid is Cole for Plumlee straight up.

As people respond I will try to update a list

ATL
BOS: TPE, 2 late 2nd round picks
BKN
CHA
CHI
CLE Joe Harris + 2nd round pick
DAL: 2 2nd round picks + bench player/contract filler
DET
DEN
GSW
HOU: Dorsey, 2 2nd round picks OR Capela
IND: one 2nd round pick + Copeland
LAC
LAL: Ed Davis, Wes Johnson and a 2015 2nd round pick
MEM: Rights to Timma, Leuer
MIA: Danny Granger + distant 2nd rounder
MIL
MIN
NOP
NYK : Cole + 1 second round pick
OKC: Lamb + PJ3
ORL
PHI
POR
SAC
SAS
TOR: Daniels(rights) + 2nd round pick + salary fodder
UTA
WAS

My goal is for after everyone contributes we can try to predict where he will end up and see how close we are (so if 3 fans of SAS say spurs would give a first and a 2nd and the board then votes this is the best deal, if that deal happens it would be awesome)
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Walmart
Starter
And1: 1,318

Re: Per WT: Suns Plumlee make your bids: 

Post#2 » by Walmart » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:38 am

Plumlee for Derrick Williams
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#3 » by loserX » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:42 am

No offer from Utah. Plumlee has potential and should be in demand but the last thing we need are more developmental centres.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#4 » by Kerrsed » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:01 am

As a Suns fan, let me give you my take on Plumlee.

He was pretty much a throw in when we traded Scola to Indiana. He played decent for us last season when he was thrust into the starting C role. We had high hopes for him this season, but he seemed to regress (alot). We slowly started to cut his minutes back so we could bring Len along slowly (coming back from surgery), and Len eventually took over the starting gig. Len has preformed outstanding, so Plumlees minutes we cut quite a bit (except for games that Len got into foul trouble). We then made the trade to take on Wright, and from day one with the team, he began to take almost all of Plumlee's minutes, leaving Plumlee as a 3rd stringer coming off the bench.

Plumlee is a good back-up C. He just isnt as good as Wright, thus his limited playing time since the trade.

He is a decent rebounder, scores most of his points on put backs, and has played so-so defense this season. He isnt afraid of being in a poster or two, as he will attempt many blocks that other defenders would just move out of the way for. He is still young, has potential, and should remain in the league for years to come.

This video helps illustrate why we had high hopes for him this season:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlKq-LO6aE0[/youtube]
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,807

Post#5 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:03 am

Dallas should have interest, but if the Suns really have their hearts set on "at least one first" well then we aren't really players. We could give a 2nd this year and next and their choice of our min contract guys.

Don't think that gets it of course, but I hope Donnie at least places the call. He'd be the ideal backup center for us--cheap and active.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Knosh
Starter
And1: 921

Post#6 » by Knosh » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:09 am

loserX wrote:No offer from Utah. Plumlee has potential and should be in demand but the last thing we need are more developmental centres.

Do you realize he is 26 already?

I don't know, but "at least a 1st" seems pretty crazy to me. I mean it's one thing to lose your starting job to a recent high lottery pick. But then the Suns aquire Wright to replace him in the backup role and start shopping him a week later? Wright is like a year older than Plumlee to put things into perspective... And the "potential" of Plumlee and the fact that he has one more year on his contract somehow equates to him having more value than Wright?
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,086

Post#7 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:16 am

Lamb, PJ for Plumlee. Perk gets cut or something.
SideSwipe
Analyst
And1: 660

Post#8 » by SideSwipe » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:23 am

With Plum, I think it is all confidence. PHX had nothing behind him last year and basically gave him the reigns. He didn't need to look over his shoulder. He has had some amazing offensive and defensive plays. What he showed last year has been diminished, I think, by PHX's desire to move Len along. I think that has hurt Plumlee's confidence and ability to deliver. He has been playing more timid and afraid to make mistakes.

The pick desire has to be because PHX is looking at using the acquired pick for another move. I suspect PHX may be looking to use their own pick, the pick for Plum and assets for a larger deal they may be working on. This would allow them to keep the LA pick and still bag a decent player.

That said, the above OKC trade sounds like a nice fallback. Perry Jones and Jeremy Lamb for Plum
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#9 » by nykballa2k4 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:32 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Lamb, PJ for Plumlee. Perk gets cut or something.

going to assume you are not an OKC fan...
edit: I don't mean to disrespect, but Lamb, PJ3 and Perk is basically your package for Lopez. Lopez is a bonafide starter in the NBA whereas Plum is a 26 y/o who is struggling to get playing time behind the likes of Brandon Wright..
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#10 » by DanishLakerFan » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:34 am

Lakers get: Plumlee
Suns get: Ed Davis, Wes Johnson and a 2015 2nd round pick (31-40).

I think this is about as good of a deal as the Lakers can put together w/o giving up the Houston pick, which we wont. We'd love to send you back Nash and have him retire in Phoenix, but salaries dont match. Ed Davis is a big that can play both the 4 and 5 and is solid on both ends of the floor and Wes is a defensive wing who can shoot 3s. Unfortunately, both guys are expiring deals, so you do risk losing them for nothing, but they'll help you win now and they fit pretty well with what you are doing going forward.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#11 » by bondom34 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:37 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Lamb, PJ for Plumlee. Perk gets cut or something.

going to assume you are not an OKC fan...
edit: I don't mean to disrespect, but Lamb, PJ3 and Perk is basically your package for Lopez. Lopez is a bonafide starter in the NBA whereas Plum is a 26 y/o who is struggling to get playing time behind the likes of Brandon Wright..

Nope, he's an OKC fan.

I wouldn't even make an offer, but that's about all it would be.

Edit: As for the offer being the same as for Lopez, the Lopez offer was/is just basically Perk and stuff for Lopez. Its a salary dump.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#12 » by bondom34 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:37 am

As for who may be interested, Dallas as Chuck said. Maybe Toronto? Don't know who else has a late first to spare and needs a backup big.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Ralnor
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 545

Post#13 » by Ralnor » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:40 am

I would say that Minny is out since we have Dieng and Pek.
Knosh
Starter
And1: 921

Post#14 » by Knosh » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:42 am

Chuck Texas wrote:Dallas should have interest, but if the Suns really have their hearts set on "at least one first" well then we aren't really players. We could give a 2nd this year and next and their choice of our min contract guys.

Don't think that gets it of course, but I hope Donnie at least places the call. He'd be the ideal backup center for us--cheap and active.

http://bkref.com/tiny/NA6PF

RPM Smith: -0.48
RPM Plumlee: -1.70

I mean I have no issue with spending a late 2nd or two just to try another guy, but based on stats, what I have seen from both of them and how down Suns fans seemed to be on Plumlee, I don't really expect much of an impact.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#15 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:05 am

The Pacers would probably like to have him back a 2nd with Copeland would work nice for Indiana.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,411

Post#16 » by Revived » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:06 am

Knosh wrote:
Chuck Texas wrote:Dallas should have interest, but if the Suns really have their hearts set on "at least one first" well then we aren't really players. We could give a 2nd this year and next and their choice of our min contract guys.

http://bkref.com/tiny/NA6PF

RPM Smith: -0.48
RPM Plumlee: -1.70

I mean I have no issue with spending a late 2nd or two just to try another guy, but based on stats, what I have seen from both of them and how down Suns fans seemed to be on Plumlee, I don't really expect much of an impact.

One man's trash...
Revived
RealGM

Post#17 » by Revived » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:08 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:The Pacers would probably like to have him back a 2nd with Copeland would work nice for Indiana.

If Indiana was down to part ways with Mahimi for him then I could see something working.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#18 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:17 am

You know that might be a workable deal. Mahimi and 2 2nd round picks for Plumlee and TJ Warren?
Revived
RealGM

Post#19 » by Revived » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:25 am

Nah not Warren, he's a lottery pick who's showed promise in summer league and d league. I doubt the Suns FO trades him without seeing what he can do when given actual playing time.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,086

Post#20 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:30 am

I guess I'm overrating Plumlee. Honestly I think Lamb will get dumped and I'd
pay a mil for Plumlee who is healthy than Lopez for way too much.

Return to Trades and Transactions