Per WT: Suns Plumlee make your bids:

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mush Man
Junior
And1: 86

Re: Per WT: Suns Plumlee make your bids: 

Post#81 » by Mush Man » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:52 am

melo mvp 15 wrote:It's worth noting that I don't think either of them are good triangle fits, but for back ups we might be able to let that slide.

I don't know. Seems like what you want from a triangle PG is good outside shooting, high basketball IQ, unselfishness, and the ability to work off ball (running around screens, etc). What you might be able to live without is above average speed and athleticism since you are not doing a bunch of driving to breakdown the defense.

Go read the nbadraft.net profile on Ennis. It seems like a perfect fit for a triangle PG for me. I could see him growing into the role in a few seasons and becoming a system based starter, where he might end up a back-up on a more ISO based offensive team,

Basically my proposed trade was a big and guard for a big and a guard. All 4 late first round picks. One proven rotation player (Plumlee and Hardaway) on each side, One player that has never really gotten minutes per side. Seems like a fair trade that meets both teams short and long term needs
melo mvp 15
Assistant Coach
And1: 393

Post#82 » by melo mvp 15 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:12 am

Mush Man wrote:
melo mvp 15 wrote:It's worth noting that I don't think either of them are good triangle fits, but for back ups we might be able to let that slide.

I don't know. Seems like what you want from a triangle PG is good outside shooting, high basketball IQ, unselfishness, and the ability to work off ball (running around screens, etc). What you might be able to live without is above average speed and athleticism since you are not doing a bunch of driving to breakdown the defense.

Go read the nbadraft.net profile on Ennis. It seems like a perfect fit for a triangle PG for me. I could see him growing into the role in a few seasons and becoming a system based starter, where he might end up a back-up on a more ISO based offensive team,

Basically my proposed trade was a big and guard for a big and a guard. All 4 late first round picks. One proven rotation player (Plumlee and Hardaway) on each side, One player that has never really gotten minutes per side. Seems like a fair trade that meets both teams short and long term needs

Except Cole has played a bigger role over the past few games (except today) than the other 3 people in the trade.
Mush Man
Junior
And1: 86

Post#83 » by Mush Man » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:45 am

melo mvp 15 wrote:
Mush Man wrote:

Except Cole has played a bigger role over the past few games (except today) than the other 3 people in the trade.

I do understand your point. But if you dismiss the last few weeks (the Knicks are a truly terrible team) Cole Aldrich has never cracked the regular rotation of any team he has played on, usually only playing in 20 games or so, and then only playing 7 or 8 minutes. It would be one thing if he was in his 2nd year, but he is in his 5th year and is already 28 years old. I think it's hard to give much value to what he is doing in the last few weeks with the Knick fielding such a poorly constructed team. You could argue that a 5 year player with his record of not being able to stay on the court would be on the verge of being out of the league if he was a guard or small forward. Then again, bigs do come into their game later, so maybe there's a chance. I just doubt it.

The reason i set them apart in the proposed deal is that both Hardaway and Plumlee have basically played every game for the past 2 seasons, started a bunch of them, and in Hardaway's case made the all rookie team. To me they are proven NBA rotation players, and Aldrich is not.

As for why I think the deal is balanced, Hardaway and Plumlee make about the same money and have about the same amount of past success and struggles. Since Hardaway is younger and only in his 2nd year, he seems like the more valuable of the two.

To me, Ennis and Aldrich seem about of equal value, although only because Aldrich plays C and bigs are harder to come by. Aldrich is more proven, especially this year, even though there is nothing in his five year career that says he will ever be anything over a 7-10 min a game player. Ennis has more upside, but could also end up out of the league in 2-3 years like so many late first round guards.

The potential of Ennis and the fit for the Knicks (and lack of fit for the Suns) is what makes this seem like a balanced deal that both times might go for.

But I do understand your point as to why you might view Aldrich a bit more highly than I am.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#84 » by Kerrsed » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:32 am

Mush Man wrote:
The reason i set them apart in the proposed deal is that both Hardaway and Plumlee have basically played every game for the past 2 seasons, started a bunch of them, and in Hardaway's case made the all rookie team. To me they are proven NBA rotation players, and Aldrich is not.

As for why I think the deal is balanced, Hardaway and Plumlee make about the same money and have about the same amount of past success and struggles. Since Hardaway is younger and only in his 2nd year, he seems like the more valuable of the two.

To me, Ennis and Aldrich seem about of equal value, although only because Aldrich plays C and bigs are harder to come by. Aldrich is more proven, especially this year, even though there is nothing in his five year career that says he will ever be anything over a 7-10 min a game player. Ennis has more upside, but could also end up out of the league in 2-3 years like so many late first round guards.

This whole reasoning makes absolutely no sense to me. For some reason you decided to compare Hardaway with Plumlee and Aldrich with Ennis, when in reality should you be comparing the value of the guards together and the bigs together?

Then you point out in your already off-based comparison that Hardaway should hold more value because he is younger than Plumlee, but in your next comparison Say that Aldrich has more value because he is a big and Ennis is a guard. Hmmm...... something doesnt add up with that. Wouldnt that work both ways as Plumlee is a big and Hardaway is a guard, while Ennis is younger than Aldrich?

Anyways, im not a real big fan of this trade.

I do like the OKC trade idea (Plumlee for PJ3) probably the most so far, even though i think it has zero chance being done since we are competing with each other for that last play-off spot.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Wolverine
Bench Warmer
And1: 113

Post#85 » by Wolverine » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:08 am

loserX wrote:No offer from Utah. Plumlee has potential and should be in demand but the last thing we need are more developmental centres.
If we could pry Dragic or one of their PG's away in the deal for Kanter & Burke I'd entertain it
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,421

Post#86 » by Revived » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:10 am

Wolverine wrote:
loserX wrote:No offer from Utah. Plumlee has potential and should be in demand but the last thing we need are more developmental centres.
If we could pry Dragic or one of their PG's away in the deal for Kanter & Burke I'd entertain it

We don't want Kanter or Burke.

On the other hand Favors is someone that Suns would have interest in.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,421

Post#87 » by Revived » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:57 pm

Do Cavs still have the OKC first rd pick?

If so then they make the ideal trade partner. OKC pick for Miles Plumlee.

That pick is gonna be a late 1st rounder with no use for a perennial contender like CLE anyways.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,035

Post#88 » by daoneandonly » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:01 pm

I would think the Mavs would offer Aminu and a 2nd. Seems like Aminu would be a great fit with the Suns and Miles with the Mavs is a no brainer.
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#89 » by KuruptedCav » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:32 pm

SF88 wrote:Do Cavs still have the OKC first rd pick?

If so then they make the ideal trade partner. OKC pick for Miles Plumlee.

That pick is gonna be a late 1st rounder with no use for a perennial contender like CLE anyways.

They do not; it went with the MEM pick to Denver for Mozgov; that said, we wouldn't have parted with it for Plumlee. Plumlee's value is as a big body who challenges shots but isn't a good defender.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#90 » by DanishLakerFan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:43 pm

I still think Ed Davis, Wes Johnson and a 2015 second rounder is pretty decent for a big man struggling to find minutes.
Ed Davis is a solid frontcourt defender at either spot, Wes is a solid 3pt shooter and defender and the second rounder is going to be 31-40.
hcsilla
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#91 » by hcsilla » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:45 pm

IAMRANDYMARSH wrote:I still think Ed Davis, Wes Johnson and a 2015 second rounder is pretty decent for a big man struggling to find minutes.
Ed Davis is a solid frontcourt defender at either spot, Wes is a solid 3pt shooter and defender and the second rounder is going to be 31-40.

No, that is not decent.

The Suns don't have an open roster spot plus Johnson would have a hard time to crack into the rotation, so take him out.

Ed Davis is basically a skinnier version of Plumlee or a less productive version of Wright. In other words: the Suns will have no use of him at least not more than Plumlee. Besides he will be a FA this summer.

So the Suns would deal Plumlee for a #35-40 pick which is a low return for him.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#92 » by mlloyd10 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:02 pm

Goodwin/Plumlee/Ennis for Middleton/Henson/Clippers 2017 1st
hcsilla
RealGM

Post#93 » by hcsilla » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:41 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:Goodwin/Plumlee/Ennis for Middleton/Henson/Clippers 2017 1st

I believe that involving Middleton in this deal is problematic for both teams. It weakens the guard rotation for the Bucks and he would hardly make the floor for the Suns and will get paid this summer.

Plumlee/Ennis for Henson/Clippers 1st seems more reasonable for both sides.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#94 » by mlloyd10 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:47 pm

hcsilla wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:Goodwin/Plumlee/Ennis for Middleton/Henson/Clippers 2017 1st

I believe that involving Middleton in this deal is problematic for both teams. It weakens the guard rotation for the Bucks and he would hardly make the floor for the Suns and will get paid this summer.

Plumlee/Ennis for Henson/Clippers 1st seems more reasonable for both sides.

I could get behind that
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#95 » by thamadkant » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:19 pm

Wolverine wrote:

Dragic to Jazz, have to include Hayward back to Suns. Only way Suns would do it..
They may add Green or Tucker.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#96 » by gom » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:06 pm

I think Ed Davis is a much better basketball player than Plumlee, but you have to take into consideration that he has been in the league longer. In any case, the LA deal is a good one, even if you have to cut a player. You shouldn't get much more.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
hcsilla
RealGM

Post#97 » by hcsilla » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:30 pm

gom wrote:I think Ed Davis is a much better basketball player than Plumlee,

Based on what?

In any case, the LA deal is a good one, even if you have to cut a player.

It's not only a bad one in itself but the Suns also should have give away something valuable for a worthless asset?

You shouldn't get much more.

Yes, because Plumlee has a negative value.
gom

Post#98 » by gom » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:05 pm

hcsilla wrote:

Based on what?

Based on nearly every basketball metric. Davis has a career PER over more than 300 games of 16.42, an offensive rating of 115, and a defensive rating of 104. Even on the terrible Lakers team in 24 minutes per game he gets 7 rebounds and 8 points on average.

http://basketball.realgm.com/player/Ed- ... mmary/2174

Same numbers for Plumlee? 14.21 PER, 105 ORtg, and 102.5 Def Rtg. 5.3 Rbds and 4.6 points in 20 minutes.

Statistically Davis is better. Plumlee is 26 years old, 6'11", and 255 lbs and Davis is 25 years old, 6'10" and 225 lbs, and although Plumlee is more intimidating, Davis is a go-getter and positions himself well. Both players need to play more minutes to show their stuff, but at this moment, Davis outguns Plumlee.

Aside from the fact that Davis doesn't have temper tantrums when asked to come off the bench.
gom

Post#99 » by gom » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:17 pm

GMF wrote:I'd trade Capela for him straight up.

^ Phoenix should take this if it is offered. This is a great deal. Capela is a hard worker.
hcsilla
RealGM

Post#100 » by hcsilla » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:37 pm

gom wrote:
hcsilla wrote:

Based on what?

Based on nearly every basketball metric. Davis has a career PER over more than 300 games of 16.42, an offensive rating of 115, and a defensive rating of 104. Even on the terrible Lakers team in 24 minutes per game he gets 7 rebounds and 8 points on average.

http://basketball.realgm.com/player/Ed- ... mmary/2174

Same numbers for Plumlee? 14.21 PER, 105 ORtg, and 102.5 Def Rtg. 5.3 Rbds and 4.6 points in 20 minutes.

Statistically Davis is better. Plumlee is 26 years old, 6'11", and 255 lbs and Davis is 25 years old, 6'10" and 225 lbs, and although Plumlee is more intimidating, Davis is a go-getter and positions himself well. Both players need to play more minutes to show their stuff, but at this moment, Davis outguns Plumlee.

Aside from the fact that Davis doesn't have temper tantrums when asked to come off the bench.

Temper tantrums? You are mixing Plumlee with something else.

Even if your play with career PER's would have signficant importance there is nothing that proves that Ed Davis is a much better player than Plumlee. BTW, even playing for a horrible team like the Lakers does inflate Davis' stats who performed so fantastically in his 4-year NBA-career that could net even a 2 year minimum contract.

Return to Trades and Transactions