NETS - CELTICS goes full circle

rickrolled
Head Coach
And1: 2,652

NETS - CELTICS goes full circle 

Post#1 » by rickrolled » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:25 pm

BKN gets: Under the luxury tax line, 12 million exception, another smaller exception.

BOS gets: KG, one of (Brown, Jefferson, Morris, Jordan). In addition 2019 and 2020 swap rights with BKN. (No lottery protection)

BKN gets to save a TON of money and avoid a luxury tax hit, plus a 12 million TE to use in the offseason, then they get to actually keep both their picks in 2019 and 2020. I could have been greedy and asked for the 2020 pick but BKN probably wants it to be able to sell the team. They can't sell a team with no future assets.

BOS gets the chance of better picks in the future should they be in a contender status and BKN still not recovered from their current and future struggles.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: NETS - CELTICS goes full circle 

Post#2 » by Prokorov » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:31 pm

easy no from the nets. the exception is meaningless to us as we have plenty of salary to send out in trades and KG expires at years end so worth keeping for a playoff run and to mentor plumlee
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,144

Post#3 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:36 pm

This is beyond greedy from the Celtics. Besides, Prokorov has probably banned King from trading with Ainge for the foreseeable future.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
rickrolled
Head Coach

Post#4 » by rickrolled » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:44 pm

If Ainge wasn't/isn't greedy he aint doing a good job.
irie
RealGM
And1: 4,502

Post#5 » by irie » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:09 pm

Brooklyn shouldn't have to give any picks to trade KG.
|
rickrolled
Head Coach

Post#6 » by rickrolled » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:20 pm

irie wrote:Brooklyn shouldn't have to give any picks to trade KG.

Where did I suggest they trade any picks ? If they want to go below the luxury tax they should expect to just dump KG's 12 million like that ? Forget the Celtics for a minute, would ANY team in the league just take a 12 million salary dump for free ?
irie
RealGM
And1: 4,502

Post#7 » by irie » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:24 pm

rickrolled wrote:

Where did I suggest they trade any picks ? If they want to go below the luxury tax they should expect to just dump KG's 12 million like that ? Forget the Celtics for a minute, would ANY team in the league just take a 12 million salary dump for free ?

"In addition 2019 and 2020 swap rights with BKN. (No lottery protection)"
|
rickrolled
Head Coach

Post#8 » by rickrolled » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:29 pm

irie wrote:
rickrolled wrote:

Swapping, not trading, they'd still own a pick in both years which is the lesser of BOS/BKN.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:33 pm

rickrolled wrote:
irie wrote:
rickrolled wrote:Where did I suggest they trade any picks ? If they want to go below the luxury tax they should expect to just dump KG's 12 million like that ? Forget the Celtics for a minute, would ANY team in the league just take a 12 million salary dump for free ?

Swapping, not trading, they'd still own a pick in both years which is the lesser of BOS/BKN.

If a half a season of cap space had this kind of value, Hinkie would be sitting on a boat load of first round picks right now. Detroit cut J. Smith and got stuck with 90% of his salary instead of trading a 1st.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
rickrolled
Head Coach

Post#10 » by rickrolled » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:03 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
rickrolled wrote:
irie wrote:"In addition 2019 and 2020 swap rights with BKN. (No lottery protection)"

If a half a season of cap space had this kind of value, Hinkie would be sitting on a boat load of first round picks right now. Detroit cut J. Smith and got stuck with 90% of his salary instead of trading a 1st.

I dont think agents,players are lined up to play for Hinkie or the Sixers after the Kirilenko trade. Especially KG, don't even think he'll consider waiving his NTC.

How does the Smith situation correlate to this though ? Totally different.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:12 pm

rickrolled wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
rickrolled wrote:Swapping, not trading, they'd still own a pick in both years which is the lesser of BOS/BKN.

I dont think agents,players are lined up to play for Hinkie or the Sixers after the Kirilenko trade. Especially KG, don't even think he'll consider waiving his NTC.

How does the Smith situation correlate to this though ? Totally different.

The Smith situation correlates to this by demonstrating the reluctance of teams to part with valuable assets to dump salary. I don't want this to get nasty so I'll just say this - Boston fans would raise the roof if someone had them parting with a 1st to dump Wallace whose contract doesn't expire at the end of the season. Think about it.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,817

Post#12 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:28 pm

Value is way way off here, OP. You should listen to what everyone is telling you. Teams will be on the hook for less than half his contract, plus KG is still a useful player. It does save Brooklyn an enormous sum of money which has value, but not 2 unprotected 1sts(and calling it a swap doesn't change that).

Brooklyn is better served trying to turn one of more of their longterm deals into less salary this year and in the future. Giving up the rights to even more of their picks is the worst idea possible for them.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.

Return to Trades and Transactions