If this deal goes thru You Heard it Here (BKN/OKC/LAL/GSW)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Re: If this deal goes thru You Heard it Here (BKN/OKC/LAL/GSW) 

Post#21 » by lakerhater » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:42 am

theatlfan wrote:
Iffy on GSW. Sure, everyone wants the same result for less $$, but do they really get that here? Iguodala has been miserable offensively, but he's still an elite perimeter defender - Jack doesn't approximate that, nowhere close. Lee has had a miserable season due to injury that's it appears he's still recovering from, but he has been productive when healthy and he's getting healthy. It's crowded on the low blocks for GSW, but considering Bogut's injury history and the fact that we don't really know if Speight has found it or is just in the midst of a hot streak, are they really comfortable replacing Lee for a couple of broken down vets? I don't have answers here, but at the very least, they deserve some of the young kids that BRK is claiming in this deal to sweeten their pot, especially if the entire argument for them to do the deal is centered around being cost conscious.

What's happening theatlfan? Can't wait for a Hawks vs Warriors finals, loyal fans like us deserve these great seasons our respective teams are having.

Anyway, there's a couple of your points I'd like to counter. First, Iguodala has been intentionally sacrificing his offense by deferring to younger players whenever possible. Right now his pet project is Justin Holiday who he's constantly looking to set up on offense. If needed Iguodala can step up and provide more offensive punch as the season plods forward.

You're pretty off base on your Lee assessment. He actually looks healthier then he has in years and is only slightly rusty on offense right now. He's actually playing the best D of his Warriors career. His per 36 numbers are pretty much in line with his career numbers other then a slight dip in FG percentage and a spike in blocked shots.

Other then that you're spot on as always. If I can think of any Atl/GSW deals I'll bring them to your Hawks trade board first as always but right now I can't see either team being very active on the player exchange market.
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#22 » by pelifan » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:28 am

Coxy wrote:
pelifan wrote:I think the value is too good for GS (seriously W fans, no one wants Lee or Iggy, no one).

Have you got any links that verify these bold claims? I doubt it. Just your personal opinion right?

Lee, maybe, but he's expiring next season and is still a solid player, as well as being a great attitude and club guy that's 100% reliable and a good mentor. Iggy on the other hand, is all-world defense and a fantastic facilitator for the Warriors. MANY teams would want Iggy on their team.

But, if you say NO one wants Iggy or Lee, please provide some proof.

I don't think it's bold to say no one is going to give you value for bench players on the wrong side of 30 making 7 figures,no matter how good the guys starting over them are. That would be like me thinking Gordon has value. You wouldn't be able to trade the pair of them in the offseason for a 6 million expiring. Im not even sure you could trade David Lee alone for a 6 million expiring, he's maybe worth 9 million a season.

You can call that bold, I call it logical.
eitanr
General Manager
And1: 299

Post#23 » by eitanr » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:55 am

To clarify, I only have a connection with the Nets, Raptors and Bulls. I have been speaking with my Nets guy and just bouncing trade ideas on him. Most have been responded with reasons why said team would not do deal or that the Nets would never be interested. I can confirm that the team, as reported as well, will never include Plumlee in any deal...I've tried.

This was really the only deal that I spoke to him about that garnered interest.

Coxy, I can make "bold" claims on other teams and not source things there. In regards to GSW, there is at least reason to think within the BKN organization they may be interested in this deal. That's not to say they actually are interested, just that FO guys in BKN hear the benefits.

The Lakers/Suns are really just other ideas to float out there in our talks as it does not seem the Nets would be extremely interested in Perry Jones and would rather send him to another team to get a talent particularly at the big and PG slots.
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

http://fullcourtanalytics.blogspot.com/
lakerhater
General Manager

Post#24 » by lakerhater » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:05 am

No offense to your BKN organizational contact(s) but the Nets are a disaster and I could care less what one or more of their supposed lackeys thinks about GSW.
eitanr
General Manager

Post#25 » by eitanr » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:13 am

lakerhater wrote:No offense to your BKN organizational contact(s) but the Nets are a disaster and I could care less what one or more of their supposed lackeys thinks about GSW.

You don't need to care...It just garnered interest. They definitely want to make a big trade and it seems if nothing else will make 1 or 2 giant moves near the deadline...just to make the moves. I don't necessarily advocate for it, but just see it happening based on convos.

If they can't get better deals then it seems (and my contact did not say this outright, it is what I am suspicious of given our communications) the team will settle for Joe Johnson to Hornets deal and Lopez to Thunder deal. There's a decent chance this is your 2nd half Nets:

PF KG/ M. Williams
SF PJ3/ G. Henderson/ B. Bogdanavic
C M. Plumlee/ K. Perkins/ J. Jordan
SG L. Stephenson/ A. Anderson/ G. Neal
PG J. Lamb/ J. Jack
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#26 » by azwfan » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:26 am

pelifan wrote:I think the value is too good for GS (seriously W fans, no one wants Lee or Iggy, no one) and it doesn't make them noticeably worse on paper(although Jack would have to go to a third team, he does not fit at all jack for Hendo maybe), but GS passes because they really shouldn't mess with the team or the lockerroom or the rotation in any way.

The Warriors arent the ones looking to dump Iggy and Lee. We're looking to keep the team as is... we'll worry about dumping salary in the off season. If other teams would like to acquire Iguodala and/or Lee, they're gonna have to give us something we like. Sorry, thats the end of that. Get back to us in the off season when we'll be a little more willing to dump talent to dump salary.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#27 » by azwfan » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:28 am

eitanr wrote:
lakerhater wrote:No offense to your BKN organizational contact(s) but the Nets are a disaster and I could care less what one or more of their supposed lackeys thinks about GSW.

You don't need to care...It just garnered interest. They definitely want to make a big trade and it seems if nothing else will make 1 or 2 giant moves near the deadline...just to make the moves. I don't necessarily advocate for it, but just see it happening based on convos.

If they can't get better deals then it seems (and my contact did not say this outright, it is what I am suspicious of given our communications) the team will settle for Joe Johnson to Hornets deal and Lopez to Thunder deal. There's a decent chance this is your 2nd half Nets:

PF KG/ M. Williams
SF PJ3/ G. Henderson/ B. Bogdanavic
C M. Plumlee/ K. Perkins/ J. Jordan
SG L. Stephenson/ A. Anderson/ G. Neal
PG J. Lamb/ J. Jack

Ask your friend if they have any interest in Brandon Rush... talk him up for us. Please. No seriously. Pretty please?
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#28 » by nykballa2k4 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:04 am

When has a #1 seed team involved themselves in a deal like this at this point in the season? This one is dead from the get-go.
Also Nets fail to cut costs here which is a big killer imo.
OKC part I like.
Plum/Perk/JJ makes a nice C rotation
Jack will be a hot commodity actually with all the injuries (Jennings, Kemba)

What say your boy about BroPez, Brown and Jefferson for Perk, PJ and Roberson
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach
And1: 246

Post#29 » by DLeagueAllStars » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:17 am

So the warriors who are thriving because they have a bench better than the nets starters want to the Nets bench so they can save money give up on winning and take king off the hook... u are foolish

How many nets deals do u have to be turned down to understand we arent dumping better players to save money... but if u want us to save money... we need ur pick and plumlee to make it happen

And that is about as likely as ur fantasy warped no chance in hell deal
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,625

Post#30 » by shrink » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:05 am

There is a lot of unnecessary hostility in this thread.

Does BRK still have interest in Thad Young? He's playing great lately.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach
And1: 246

Post#31 » by DLeagueAllStars » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:05 am

shrink wrote:There is a lot of unnecessary hostility in this thread.

Does BRK still have interest in Thad Young? He's playing great lately.

Dubs fans are tired of seeing deals based on the wrong premise where we get worse players
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,625

Post#32 » by shrink » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:18 pm

DLeagueAllStars wrote:

Dubs fans are tired of seeing deals based on the wrong premise where we get worse players

You are welcome to disagree with what he heard, but how about being frustrated with Nets front office, rather than shooting the messenger, saying he "looks foolish," and "warped fantasy?" It is good for the boards if people bring us information from people connected to actual front offices, and that should be encouraged, not attacked with name-calling.

That's just how I see it, anyway. I do agree with you on the move though. If I was in the Warriors front office, I would advise them not do this deal either.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
lakerhater
General Manager

Post#33 » by lakerhater » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:16 pm

shrink wrote:
DLeagueAllStars wrote:

You are welcome to disagree with what he heard, but how about being frustrated with Nets front office, rather than shooting the messenger, saying he "looks foolish," and "warped fantasy?" It is good for the boards if people bring us information from people connected to actual front offices, and that should be encouraged, not attacked with name-calling.

That's just how I see it, anyway. I do agree with you on the move though. If I was in the Warriors front office, I would advise them not do this deal either.

So it sounds like you assume the OP is telling the truth in regards to the alleged contacts. I think it's BS and the OP is making things up to make himself look authoritative
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#34 » by Prokorov » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:25 pm

Quick easy no for the nets

Jack can not be traded and it doesnt make sense moving KG for win now players when he is a win now player who expires. this trade doesnt help us make the playoffs and contract wise has us taking on money. we also trade our only point gaurd.

Basicalyl any trades involving kg or jack are dead before they start
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#35 » by Mamba Venom » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:08 pm

If GSW change anything the GM will take a hit for messing w/ historic team chemistry. Thunder need to take a change and should dump Perkins IMHO.
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Post#36 » by Smitty731 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:03 pm

If a Nets FO employee is willing to follow through on your trade ideas, why are you not working for them? Or another NBA team? I don't mean that in a condescending way, despite how I know it reads. I used to know a guy in the TB Buccaneers front office, but never once would he have listened in on any type of team building idea I had.

I also don't think KG is likely to approve another trade. The dude HATES change. He was very iffy on going to Brooklyn. Apparently Pierce was recruiting him to Washington for a trade and he didn't want to change teams again. And if Jack is dealt, who plays PG for Brooklyn? I suppose they could go the D League call up route, For a team that has no incentive to not try to make the playoffs still, this seems unlikely.
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 159

Post#37 » by djthesonicsfan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:20 am

I'd want Iggy instead of Lopez.
notSonics 2016
Starters - Trey, Roberson, KD, Ibaka, Adams
Rotation - Payne, Waiters, Green, McGary, Kanter
Bench - Collison, Christon, Brodgon, Huestis
Stash - Johnson, Abrine
Cut - Morrow
Trade - Singler
Draft - Brogdon
FA - Green
eitanr
General Manager

Post#38 » by eitanr » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:14 am

Smitty731 wrote:If a Nets FO employee is willing to follow through on your trade ideas, why are you not working for them? Or another NBA team? I don't mean that in a condescending way, despite how I know it reads. I used to know a guy in the TB Buccaneers front office, but never once would he have listened in on any type of team building idea I had.

I also don't think KG is likely to approve another trade. The dude HATES change. He was very iffy on going to Brooklyn. Apparently Pierce was recruiting him to Washington for a trade and he didn't want to change teams again. And if Jack is dealt, who plays PG for Brooklyn? I suppose they could go the D League call up route, For a team that has no incentive to not try to make the playoffs still, this seems unlikely.

I was second in line for a role on the Nets that I ultimately did not get, but my contact still likes to keep in touch.

Shrink - In terms of Thad Young, I personally don't love the fit for the Nets so I didn't suggest it.

To clarify for all, I am like 0 for 10 in my guy even remotely liking any trade idea...this is my 1st.

Return to Trades and Transactions