The package: Thomas/Green/Plumlee

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NBA Fiend
Senior
And1: 212

The package: Thomas/Green/Plumlee 

Post#1 » by NBA Fiend » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:28 am

What do you believe this magical package will return? My intention is not to enrage Hornets fans but to see if anything can be worked out. Keep in mind the Suns have young prospects they can include to balence out what Hornets fans deem to be fair. Remember I come in peace and am just looking for discussion. I shall now begin the festivities.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=q7bggwq
stinger14
Starter
And1: 768

Re: The package: Thomas/Green/Plumlee 

Post#2 » by stinger14 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:32 am

This one will take some work. Lance is the only one of those 3 I would trade. Any interest in big Al and a protected 1st
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,144

Post#3 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:33 am

I think the Hornets are keeping Bismack. Besides Al, he's their only center. The Suns FO is apparently higher on Plumlee than the rest of the league. It's not a horrible package but as soon as Kemba is healthy, IT is going back to the bench and he wants to start. That's going to be an issue. If you let the Hornets keep Biz, and the Suns hold onto Plumlee, there should be a deal that can be worked out.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
stinger14
Starter

Post#4 » by stinger14 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:36 am

jbk1234 wrote:I think the Hornets are keeping Bismack. Besides Al, he's their only center. The Suns FO is apparently higher on Plumlee than the rest of the league. It's not a horrible package but as soon as Kemba is healthy, IT is going back to the bench and he wants to start. That's going to be an issue. If you let the Hornets keep Biz, and the Suns hold onto Plumlee, there should be a deal that can be worked out.

No, we are keeping Vonleh too.
stinger14
Starter

Post#5 » by stinger14 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:40 am

I would trade Zeller before trading Vonleh or Biz. In fact, Lance and Cody may work here
NBA Fiend
Senior

Post#6 » by NBA Fiend » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:42 am

My question with big Al is does he still have an inside game where he can get you a basket down low when the offense stagnates? Can he take it in and get a call when his team needs to stabalize. The Suns many times look in disarray. They need a guy who can get a basket when their outside shots aren't falling.
NBA Fiend
Senior

Post#7 » by NBA Fiend » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:43 am

My question with big Al is does he still have an inside game where he can get you a basket down low when the offense stagnates? Can he take it in and get a call when his team needs to stabalize. The Suns many times look in disarray. They need a guy who can get a basket when their outside shots aren't falling.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,144

Post#8 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:45 am

NBA Fiend wrote:My question with big Al is does he still have an inside game where he can get you a basket down low when the offense stagnates? Can he take it in and get a call when his team needs to stabalize. The Suns many times look in disarray. They need a guy who can get a basket when their outside shots aren't falling.

Big Al can still put the ball in the bucket. If the Suns were interested, I'm sure there's a deal to be made.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
stinger14
Starter

Post#9 » by stinger14 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:48 am

Yes, big Al can still get you buckets. He is still one of the best low post scorers in the league
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#10 » by HornetJail » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:48 am

NBA Fiend wrote:My question with big Al is does he still have an inside game where he can get you a basket down low when the offense stagnates? Can he take it in and get a call when his team needs to stabalize. The Suns many times look in disarray. They need a guy who can get a basket when their outside shots aren't falling.

Al is your guy if you want to be able to slow the game down and get a bucket in the paint, and Phoenix has the shooters to make it work. Phoenix also has the athletes to cover for Al in transition defense. Since PHX has Len and wants to give him minutes, letting Al and Len split minutes makes a lot of sense. Al isn't going to help your defense, but he makes A LOT of sense for the Suns' frontcourt, because I think it's lacking offensively. I'd be all over a Thomas/Green for Jefferson trade

Biz and Vonleh are staying put.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,092

Post#11 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:52 am

It would need a 3rd team but I would love to get that package for RJ/Lamb/Perk.
NBA Fiend
Senior

Post#12 » by NBA Fiend » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:55 am

What do you think Big Smacks next contract will look like being that he is a RFA?
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,818

Post#13 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:01 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:It would need a 3rd team but I would love to get that package for RJ/Lamb/Perk.

I wonder how many teams would rather have Jackson than Thomas? Because those are the key pieces to the deal really. And Green and Plumlee are certainly more valuable than Perkins/Lamb.

Not only would you need a 3rd team that might be hard to find, I think you'd need to come up with some additional value.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,092

Post#14 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:05 am

Chuck Texas wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:It would need a 3rd team but I would love to get that package for RJ/Lamb/Perk.

I wonder how many teams would rather have Jackson than Thomas? Because those are the key pieces to the deal really. And Green and Plumlee are certainly more valuable than Perkins/Lamb.

Not only would you need a 3rd team that might be hard to find, I think you'd need to come up with some additional value.

I think you're right about the value. Probably need to add McGary and maybe more. I think teams like LA, NY, and Utah would rather have RJ. I like IT, but I think he is what he is, and I think RJ still has a lot of room to grow.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#15 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:08 am

NBA Fiend wrote:What do you believe this magical package will return? My intention is not to enrage Hornets fans but to see if anything can be worked out. Keep in mind the Suns have young prospects they can include to balence out what Hornets fans deem to be fair. Remember I come in peace and am just looking for discussion. I shall now begin the festivities.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=q7bggwq

Well first off there is no way they trade Vonleh, little chance they move Biyambo. I'd say they would entertain a deal for that package for Lance and Marvin Williams. In this deal Char dumps 2 signing mistakes and gets a legit PG to fill in for Kemba Walker, Plumlee helps the bigman rotation and Green is an expiring. I don't know what Phoenix would want with Williams or Lance really, with the Morris' at PF and Dragic/Bledsoe in the back court where would they play? Maybe they just aren't the best trading partners.
BeesWax
General Manager
And1: 1,660

Post#16 » by BeesWax » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:26 am

Yeah Vonleh and Biz are not going anywhere. I like the guys we are getting and if Al could be the cost it would be fine with me. I just do not think we sacrifice the future for an eventual backup PG and C and an expiring SG.
Spoiler:
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#17 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:34 am

jdm3 wrote:Yeah Vonleh and Biz are not going anywhere. I like the guys we are getting and if Al could be the cost it would be fine with me. I just do not think we sacrifice the future for an eventual backup PG and C and an expiring SG.

So you want to move Jefferson? What do you think are the possibilities that the Hornets trade Al, Lance and Williams. Kind of a mini rebuild. I'd think they could get some value for them. I was reading a wiretap story that there could be a deal in the works for Joe Johnson for Lance and Williams.
BeesWax
General Manager
And1: 1,660

Post#18 » by BeesWax » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:41 am

I think it is all in the air right now. With Kemba out there are many ways to go. If we could get young pieces for Al like this then why not. Keep up our pace and improve our bench once Kemba gets back. We could do both trades and turn Al, Lance, Maxiell, Taylor and Williams into Plumlee, Thomas, Green, Johnson and C. Jefferson.
Spoiler:
NBA Fiend
Senior

Post#19 » by NBA Fiend » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:43 am

Return to Trades and Transactions