Big 5-team Trade: BOS-BKN-GSW-CHA-OKC Adjusted!

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

RR9
Starter
And1: 157

Big 5-team Trade: BOS-BKN-GSW-CHA-OKC Adjusted! 

Post#1 » by RR9 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:24 am

Brooklyn sends: Brook Lopez, Joe Johnson, Kevin Garnett
Brooklyn gets: Lance Stephenson, David Lee, Marvin Williams, Kendrick Perkins, and 15M TPE (Brook Lopez)

Golden State sends: David Lee, Shaun Livingston
Golden State gets: Kevin Garnett, Kendrick Perkins

Charlotte sends: Lance Stephenson, Marvin Williams, Gerald Henderson
Charlotte gets: Joe Johnson, Shaun Livingston

Oklahoma City sends: Kendrick Perkins, Jeremy Lamb, Perry Jones
Oklahoma City gets: Brook Lopez

Boston Celtics sends: TPE (Rajon Rondo)
Boston Celtics gets: Gerald Henderson, Jeremy Lamb, Perry Jones

BKN gets fresh "healthier" faces AND shaves approximately 14M in salary to get out of luxury tax.

GSW moves bench pieces for further depth, insurance(s) for Bogut, and necessary cap for Draymond to sign. This was the 08 championship front court...as your bench front court 7 years later..not so bad and probably still outproduces David Lee alone.

CHA gets their coveted wing.

OKC gets another dimension to the front court: offense.

Boston gets like father like son Henderson who's likely to opt out and can help provide leadership for rebuild, or they flip him alone for a 1st! Like...to NOP - I think he'd make a pretty solid fit there.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Re: Big 5-team Trade: NOP-BKN-GSW-CHA-OKC 

Post#2 » by Mamba4Goat » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:49 am

Cha needs to add something, I'm not sure what though and who should get it.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,094

Post#3 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:52 am

I think Lamb should go to NO and PJ should go to HS to start. Still think Charlotte needs to add more.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#4 » by HornetJail » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:03 am

Replace Henderson with Marvin Williams.

Biggest issue here though, is the complete lack of a ball-handler with kemba out for up to 6 weeks. We need Lance for that role or we've got to bring in another ball handler
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,144

Post#5 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:06 am

BizGilwalker wrote:Replace Henderson with Marvin Williams.

Biggest issue here though, is the complete lack of a ball-handler with kemba out for up to 6 weeks. We need Lance for that role or we've got to bring in another ball handler

Turning down the OP would be worst move Cho ever made. The Hornets make out like bandits. Get a PG out of the D League. I mean come on.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Walmart
Starter
And1: 1,318

Post#6 » by Walmart » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:30 am

Golden State would nope the hell out of Gerald Henderson.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#7 » by ChuckDurn » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:43 am

Can we get a trade suggestion involving Golden State on these boards that isn't based on the incorrect premise that we need to move Lee and/or Iguodala, accepting inferior talent or poorly fitting pieces, purely to re-sign Draymond?

When is the last time a team that is 36-6 traded 2 of their major contributors mid-season? It's just not going to happen.

EDIT: you may disagree with me, but read this article which addresses perfectly the Golden State salary situation and strategy. http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/1/26/7 ... ba-dynasty
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#8 » by pelifan » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:56 am

Way pass, iggy is a bad contract
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,629

Post#9 » by shrink » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:59 am

Successful trades occur when players move from one team to a place where they would have more value. In a five team trade, you will have a lot more flexibility if your teams don't all have the same goals. None of these teams are going to highly value getting young prospects or an over-priced expiring using up their payroll if they are trying to make the playoffs.

Try including a team like MIN, PHI, BOS etc who will happily trade away production for the likes of Perkins and prospects.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#10 » by pelifan » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:00 am

ChuckDurn wrote:Can we get a trade suggestion involving Golden State on these boards that isn't based on the incorrect premise that we need to move Lee and/or Iguodala, accepting inferior talent or poorly fitting pieces, purely to re-sign Draymond?

When is the last time a team that is 36-6 traded 2 of their major contributors mid-season? It's just not going to happen.

EDIT: you may disagree with me, but read this article which addresses perfectly the Golden State salary situation and strategy. http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/1/26/7 ... ba-dynasty

Major? That's hard to say, if you want to keep those guys and let Lee expire while just paying way into the tax for one season, fine. But fact is neither player will have higher value than they have now because your team is winning, if you wait until the offseason both players will be extremely difficult to move.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#11 » by ChuckDurn » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:12 am

pelifan wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:Can we get a trade suggestion involving Golden State on these boards that isn't based on the incorrect premise that we need to move Lee and/or Iguodala, accepting inferior talent or poorly fitting pieces, purely to re-sign Draymond?

Major? That's hard to say, if you want to keep those guys and let Lee expire while just paying way into the tax for one season, fine. But fact is neither player will have higher value than they have now because your team is winning, if you wait until the offseason both players will be extremely difficult to move.

Curious..... did you read the article? I won't get into semantics about whether they're "major" contributors or not, but it's very evident that the Warriors will be able to go into the tax for 1 year and not impact the chemistry of the current team, nor the long-term retention of the key players. If we want to duck the tax (which I doubt we do), it would almost certainly not be by trading both Lee and Iguodala, it would just be one or the other (and most likely Lee).
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
damecurry
General Manager
And1: 1,517

Post#12 » by damecurry » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:26 am

This is another of the type of trade GSW wouldn't consider until they're ousted from the playoffs or something, they get exp trash for two good players they're just not gonna do something like that while on top of the league, makes no sense. See what happens with the playoffs then worry about money, not visa-versa.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#13 » by Coxy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:10 am

GS still say no, for all of the reasons that have been thrown around this board for the last 2 months at least.

However, a guy like Gerald Henderson coming back for GS is better, definitely.
RR9
Starter
And1: 157

Post#14 » by RR9 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:19 pm

OP edited to contain more balance and meet needs I think...
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Re: Big 5-team Trade: BOS-BKN-GSW-CHA-OKC Adjusted! 

Post#15 » by lakerhater » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:24 pm

Great, so under the new deal GSW ends up without a backup PG. Pretty sure they'd never do that.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,629

Post#16 » by shrink » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:24 pm

Good job RR - I think this is a much stronger trade. Five teamers are tough though - so many teams to value their own assets, so you're unlikely to get a lot of positive feedback, so I wanted to post fast!
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,702

Post#17 » by Warriorfan » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:42 pm

Livingston plays D and 3 positions ,especially pg ,is key to GS switching D so is a deal killer.
Sub Rush Kuzmic Barbosa

D Lee Rush Kuzmic and Barbosa works for KG and Perkins with GS signing Ray Allen to complete the championship run with the old Celt core.

Cha would still need a PG and would want Lamb to go with Walker.
Separate deal Jaren Jack for Gary Neal Maxiel.
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#18 » by lakerhater » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:44 pm

Ezeli is almost back too so GSW becomes

Curry/nothing
Thompson/Holiday/Barbosa
Barnes/Iguodala
Green/KG/Speights
Bogut/Ezeli/Perkins

Looks like not enough PGs and an overload of front court players. Not really a balanced roster.

Return to Trades and Transactions