Cousin Trades: Post all your Cousin Trades here

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,012

Re: Cousin Trades: Post all your Cousin Trades here 

Post#41 » by R-DAWG » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:02 pm

This will never happen, but food for thought:

Carmelo Anthony for Boogie Cousins???
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: I know, I know, but what if Cousins requested a trade..? 

Post#42 » by Ruzious » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:40 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:The best two options I can think of are both on draft night 2015:

Philly (some assortment of Embiid or Noel, 2015 first, etc.)

or

Orlando (Nikola Vucevic, 2015 first, etc.)

I don't think anyone gives up a top 3 pick in the 2015 draft for him. Okafor, Towns, Russell, and maybe Mudiay are studs - who get paid rookie scale for 4 seasons.

With the possible exception of Philly, who seems pretty set in the pivot, any team that wouldn't give up a top 3 pick for Cousins should consider firing their actual GM. You know Cousins is the real deal. How many centers picked in the top 3 have busted over the last decade?

Ugh, I hate that logic. You don't draft players from former drafts. You draft players from the current draft. They are not the same. That's why Kwame Brown does not equal Tim Duncan. Swen Nater doesn't equal Alonzo Mourning. Akeem Olajuwon doesn't equal Michael Olawakandi (sp?). You have to evaluate the current year players with an unbiased mind.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#43 » by Ruzious » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:42 pm

R-DAWG wrote:This will never happen, but food for thought:

Why do you hate Sacramento?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Turhan86
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#44 » by Turhan86 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:57 pm

Mirotic/Gibson/McDermott for Boogie/Landry/Derrick Williams
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Post#45 » by AingesBurner » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:17 pm

Gobert, Burke, Kanter, Hood, and our 2015 pick.
Ingles is cooked.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,142

Post#46 » by jbk1234 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:23 pm

Ruzious wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I don't think anyone gives up a top 3 pick in the 2015 draft for him. Okafor, Towns, Russell, and maybe Mudiay are studs - who get paid rookie scale for 4 seasons.

With the possible exception of Philly, who seems pretty set in the pivot, any team that wouldn't give up a top 3 pick for Cousins should consider firing their actual GM. You know Cousins is the real deal. How many centers picked in the top 3 have busted over the last decade?

Ugh, I hate that logic. You don't draft players from former drafts. You draft players from the current draft. They are not the same. That's why Kwame Brown does not equal Tim Duncan. Swen Nater doesn't equal Alonzo Mourning. Akeem Olajuwon doesn't equal Michael Olawakandi (sp?). You have to evaluate the current year players with an unbiased mind.

Add Beasley, Bennett and Thabeet. Or, if you want to look at players who had high ceilings but couldn't stay healthy, add Oden (who was the consensus No. 1 over Durant). Or, if you look at players who didn't bust and stayed healthy, add Favors who is a good, but not great, player his fifth year in the league.

Let me put it this way, you have a one in three chance that whoever is selected will some day be as good Cousins. A one in three chance that whoever is selected will be not-so special starter/good role player. A one in three chance that the player will bust. In the alternative, you can just have Cousins who is the best offensive center in the league.

But even if you look at the current crop of players and ask what their ceilings are, I don't know that any of them get to Cousins' level. They might end up being better two way players some day. The only player with a ceiling that is potentially higher than Cousins has been Embiid and he's a walking MASH unit.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Troubadour
RealGM
And1: 8,192

Post#47 » by Troubadour » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:37 pm

Boston Receives
DeMarcus Cousins

Sacramento Receives
Some ungodly number of picks
James Young
Salary filler
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by Ruzious » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:50 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Add Beasley, Bennett and Thabeet. Or, if you want to look at players who had high ceilings but couldn't stay healthy, add Oden (who was the consensus No. 1 over Durant). Or, if you look at players who didn't bust and stayed healthy, add Favors who is a good, but not great, player his fifth year in the league.

Let me put it this way, you have a one in three chance that whoever is selected will some day be as good Cousins. A one in three chance that whoever is selected will be not-so special starter/good role player. A one in three chance that the player will bust. In the alternative, you can just have Cousins who is the best offensive center in the league.

But even if you look at the current crop of players and ask what their ceilings are, I don't know that any of them get to Cousins' level. They might end up being better two way players some day. The only player with a ceiling that is potentially higher than Cousins has been Embiid and he's a walking MASH unit.

Again, I don't care about these past guys when evaluating the current group. If I did, I'd say that anyone who evaluates Oden as a bad pick is an idiot. They're different players and have to be graded without a bias. Cousins is really good, but he's not exactly a shoo-in for the HOF. He's a great volume scorer and rebounder but no better than an adequate defender, he turns the ball over at an awful rate, and he still fouls a lot. And you can't ignore dollars. There's an enormous dollar difference for how much these guys are going to make EACH year for probably the next 7 years. There's no reason Okafor can't be very similar to what Cousins is. He's just as mediocre on defense. :wink: Russell is a better prospect than Curry was - and he has that rare type of potential. Curry is arguably a top 5 player in the world now. Towns won't be the scorer that Cousins is, but he could be a better all-around player. Mudiay could be included in that group if he proves to GMs that he's a Wall caliber player. The top 3 in this draft doesn't have mediocrity.
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,453

Post#49 » by rpa » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:01 pm

Ruzious wrote:Again, I don't care about these past guys when evaluating the current group. If I did, I'd say that anyone who evaluates Oden as a bad pick is an idiot. They're different players and have to be graded without a bias. Cousins is really good, but he's not exactly a shoo-in for the HOF. He's a great volume scorer and rebounder but no better than an adequate defender, he turns the ball over at an awful rate, and he still fouls a lot. And you can't ignore dollars. There's an enormous dollar difference for how much these guys are going to make EACH year for probably the next 7 years. There's no reason Okafor can't be very similar to what Cousins is. He's just as mediocre on defense. :wink: Russell is a better prospect than Curry was - and he has that rare type of potential. Curry is arguably a top 5 player in the world now. Towns won't be the scorer that Cousins is, but he could be a better all-around player. Mudiay could be included in that group if he proves to GMs that he's a Wall caliber player. The top 3 in this draft doesn't have mediocrity.

Under Malone he was a legitimate defensive anchor.
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#50 » by Kings2013 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:37 pm

Ruzious wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Ugh, I hate that logic. You don't draft players from former drafts. You draft players from the current draft. They are not the same. That's why Kwame Brown does not equal Tim Duncan. Swen Nater doesn't equal Alonzo Mourning. Akeem Olajuwon doesn't equal Michael Olawakandi (sp?). You have to evaluate the current year players with an unbiased mind.

Again, I don't care about these past guys when evaluating the current group. If I did, I'd say that anyone who evaluates Oden as a bad pick is an idiot. They're different players and have to be graded without a bias. Cousins is really good, but he's not exactly a shoo-in for the HOF. He's a great volume scorer and rebounder but no better than an adequate defender, he turns the ball over at an awful rate, and he still fouls a lot. And you can't ignore dollars. There's an enormous dollar difference for how much these guys are going to make EACH year for probably the next 7 years. There's no reason Okafor can't be very similar to what Cousins is. He's just as mediocre on defense. :wink: Russell is a better prospect than Curry was - and he has that rare type of potential. Curry is arguably a top 5 player in the world now. Towns won't be the scorer that Cousins is, but he could be a better all-around player. Mudiay could be included in that group if he proves to GMs that he's a Wall caliber player. The top 3 in this draft doesn't have mediocrity.

Cousins rated well defensively last year and has shown great impact this year. Kings fans have no qualms about him on that side of the ball

Unfortunately it takes years for reputations from prior years to fade out. Or two stupid plays, one where he thought we were on offense and was beat by Speights, and the other when he was coming back from meningitis/shocked by the coaching fire against Minnesota are being taken out of context

As for "volume scorer", he gets to the line a ton and his fg % was solid until being mismanaged by the lame duck coach we had as somewhat of a stretch 5 http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2015/2/4/7979145/even-demarcus-cousins-is-regressing-under-tyrone-corbin I expect him to be utilitzed to his strengths by Karl.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#51 » by NashtyNas » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:44 pm

Len, Warren, Ennis, Lakers pick and more for Cousins.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,107

Post#52 » by jazzfan1971 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:59 pm

Underkanter wrote:Gobert, Burke, Kanter, Hood, and our 2015 pick.

Good fantasy trade. Terrible real life deal. I don't want any part of building a team around Cousins with his personality and the effect it would have on the rest of the team.
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,012

Post#53 » by R-DAWG » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:04 pm

Ruzious wrote:

I don't Sacramento. But the Kings have a young owner looking to make a big splash and Carmelo Anthony is one of the most marketable players in the game. Additionally the Knicks are looking to rebuild and could benefit from a guy 5 years younger and on a cheaper max deal. It's not far fetched from a value standpoint but Melo has a NTC and won't go to Sacramento.
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,453

Post#54 » by rpa » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:19 pm

R-DAWG wrote:I don't Sacramento. But the Kings have a young owner looking to make a big splash and Carmelo Anthony is one of the most marketable players in the game. Additionally the Knicks are looking to rebuild and could benefit from a guy 5 years younger and on a cheaper max deal. It's not far fetched from a value standpoint but Melo has a NTC and won't go to Sacramento.

The moment you hear anyone defend a trade using the marketability of a player then you know their trade is complete crap (and insults the fan base in question).
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#55 » by Kings2013 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:33 pm

R-DAWG wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

I don't Sacramento. But the Kings have a young owner looking to make a big splash and Carmelo Anthony is one of the most marketable players in the game. Additionally the Knicks are looking to rebuild and could benefit from a guy 5 years younger and on a cheaper max deal. It's not far fetched from a value standpoint but Melo has a NTC and won't go to Sacramento.

Kings already have a quality SF in Gay
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,142

Re: 

Post#56 » by jbk1234 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:33 pm

I_Socrates wrote:Len, Warren, Ennis, Lakers pick and more for Cousins.

This is what I would consider fair if the more was an additional pick or two.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,239

Post#57 » by BadWolf » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:33 pm

I still like this the way
Magic get Ibaka(for pick 6 and Harris) , OKC get Boogie (Ibaka, Adams +), Kings get magic pick, Adams, Harris
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Re: 

Post#58 » by NashtyNas » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:13 am

BadWolf wrote:I still like this the way
Magic get Ibaka(for pick 6 and Harris) , OKC get Boogie (Ibaka, Adams +), Kings get magic pick, Adams, Harris

I love Boogie but moving Ibaka, Adams and more for him doesn't make sense for OKC.
They need to remain a great defensive team to have any success, the offense will come with Durant and Westbrook.
There are easier ways to fix the offense, for one by replacing the coach.
You don't give up your defensive identity completely for a better offense, not in the West.

McGary has showed flashes but I doubt he's a full time starter and this creates a much bigger hole for OKC than it fills.
Ibaka/Lamb/picks is about what they should give up for Cousins, which isn't enough but like I said any more and it doesn't make sense.

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Post#59 » by Mamba4Goat » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:37 am

IncredibleHulk wrote:If I were the Timberwolves I would give up this years first in a heartbeat for Cousins but I'm not sure I'd add much more to that. Just wouldn't make sense for them to add more.

However, I think Cousins is probably worth more than just a high first round pick, and there would probably be better offers. With all the assets they have I think Boston and Philly could put together the best packages if they wanted to go that route.

1st+Deing+Lavine+Pek+Bennett for Cousins+Thompson? Go forward with a core of Rubio-Wiggins-Bazz-Payne/Young-Cousins with Martin as a sixth man?
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Cousin Trades: Post all your Cousin Trades here 

Post#60 » by rugbyrugger23 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:47 am

Howard for Cousins.

Rockets can thrown in Pelicans 1st, future 1st, and I am sure some swap of Kings bad contracts for not so bad/expiring Rockets contracts.

Rockets build around Harden and Cousins.

Sactown gets a bigname splash. With Howard and Gay, plus some cap space to attract yet another player to the mix.

Edit: If trade was Howard for Cousins...and Sactown dumped JT and Landry for expirings, they would have cap space to make a splash in offseason as well. Add another big time FA that would find ideal playing with Gay and Howard.

Plus depending on youth or picks Rockets need to send out in such a deal (if any), Kings would hold some nice assets for a trade post FA. McLemore, Nik, most likely their own 2015 pick, plus any assets received in Howard-Cousins swap, starts a nice package for missing piece to playoff puzzle.

Return to Trades and Transactions