Larry Sanders Officially waived by Bucks

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Re: Best landing spot for Larry Sanders 

Post#61 » by moonpie » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:23 am

youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,606

Post#62 » by youngthegiant » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:38 am

I would do a Mcgee for sanders swap. although not sure sanders would survive in Denver with it being legal to smoke marijuanna.
Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,761

Post#63 » by Case2012 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:40 am

I think we all know where he's going to land.

and i think we all know what he's going to do when he gets there.
Instagram: @casetwelve
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,012

Post#64 » by R-DAWG » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:15 am

yenrallik11 wrote:
R-DAWG wrote:
yenrallik11 wrote:
first off, DAWG ... not sure why you quoted my one post. there was no talk about a bosh/love comparison ... thought that was funny but all good. ya did bring to light something I agree with though.

bringing in love was a bad idea cause like you said he doesn't even come close to providing the defensive ability or versatility that bosh gave beside LeBron. but with mozgov in the fold and andy hopefully back healthy next year love's inability on D is hopefully gonna be covered. since mozgov has been around things seem ok. love also put up numbers bosh has never done, especially the rebounding/low post abilities. both have their plus' and minus'. personally rather have a bosh next to LeBron but love does have age on his side.

that list of six looks fine

clowning on bosh is kind of acceptable. dude thinks he can be a number one when he simply isn't one. Riley should have let him go to Houston or at least stayed with the deal on the table when LeBron was still in the fold. although I know that would have just sealed bosh's departure. riley uping the deal just made him look weak/desperate. just sucks bosh is getting paid as a number one for a long time at age 30. makes his value look worse

The real Bosh vs Love issue is that having Bosh at the 5 allowed Miami to create mis matches with Lebron at the 4. The spacing with Bosh at the 5 was key for Miami and while Andy/Moz cover defensively neither space the floor the way Bosh did. It was Lebron/Wade and 3 shooters. Sure, Bosh may not be a true #1 but he's a stretch 5 with a post game who made so many big plays for Miami. Clown on him all you want and then go watch the final minutes and over time of game 6 of the 2013 NBA finals. Bosh's rebound and pass set up Ray Allen, Bosh blocked Parker at the top of the key to force OT, Bosh made a ridiculous block on the Spurs final 3 point attempt at the end of OT. It also remains to be seen if Kevin Love is more than a great stats bad team guy.

R-DAWG, zero reason for you to start talking up bosh over love. bosh next to LeBron is proven, no debating that. do not like love nor would i have personally brought him in to play next to LeBron. so we agree. the only reason i clown on bosh (just a little) is cause the dude thinks he can be a number one when he clearly isn't. Houston situation was soo good for him to keep winning. at the same time, can't blame the him for taking the cash he was offered. riley is the one who should truly be clowned on. as hard as it might have been, should have let bosh go.

disagree re: riley letting Bosh go. I think there is value in Miami to remaining relevant and making the playoffs and retaining some of the brand that Lebron built. Is it working, remains to be seen. But I don't think Miami made a mistake at all resigning Bosh. They could easily trade him for an expiring/cap space if needed.
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Best landing spot for Larry Sanders 

Post#65 » by KuruptedCav » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:28 pm

R-DAWG wrote:
The real Bosh vs Love issue is that having Bosh at the 5 allowed Miami to create mis matches with Lebron at the 4. The spacing with Bosh at the 5 was key for Miami and while Andy/Moz cover defensively neither space the floor the way Bosh did. It was Lebron/Wade and 3 shooters. Sure, Bosh may not be a true #1 but he's a stretch 5 with a post game who made so many big plays for Miami. Clown on him all you want and then go watch the final minutes and over time of game 6 of the 2013 NBA finals. Bosh's rebound and pass set up Ray Allen, Bosh blocked Parker at the top of the key to force OT, Bosh made a ridiculous block on the Spurs final 3 point attempt at the end of OT. It also remains to be seen if Kevin Love is more than a great stats bad team guy.

No argument, I'd rather have 27 year old Bosh over 25 year old Love. That said, 27 year old Bosh doesn't exist anymore.

I wouldn't take 30 year old Bosh with a ton of miles on him over 25 year old Love. Will it work? I have no way of knowing. But there is more than one formula to win a ring, as the Miami formula has only worked twice in NBA history. We'll see what happens.

My clowning on Bosh is a direct response to your statement that he's become "underrated." I'll grant he was underrated during the Heat run, but not now. Now, he's considered the best player in the Heat and is playing on a $20 million max deal. I'm thinking we have different definitions of "underrated."

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#66 » by King Ken » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:43 pm

Atlanta will give it some thought.
Chinook
Head Coach
And1: 3,473

Post#67 » by Chinook » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:56 pm

I can't post in the general thread yet, so I'll just put my thoughts here as it relates to the buyout.

It sounds like Sanders is getting about $20 Million total, as opposed to the $13 Million people are assuming. Most of this season has already been paid out, which means it's not part of the buyout at all. So it's $13 Million PLUS the $7.1 or so Million already from this season. What it looks like to me is that the Bucks are agreeing to pay the rest of Sanders' salary this season and next in order to be rid of him now.

When you look at the total contract, it looks like they got out of a lot of money -- and they did. However, Larry got $20 Million to play a handful of games, which is a much, much better deal for him. Now, he gets to pick a new team next season, and if he got the Bucks to waive their set off-rights as part of the deal, then he has the opportunity make a good deal more money before this is all said and done.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#68 » by LApwnd » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:58 pm

surprised he took so little with the buyout, well little him not to commoners like the rest of us...thought he would have at least asked for half of it. Yea I think Atl or SA would be great spot for him.
Chinook
Head Coach

Post#69 » by Chinook » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:01 pm

And I highly doubt the Spurs would want Sanders. He'd have to show he's dedicated to the game and over his personal problems. It would probably take years of clean behavior for them to even consider him.
Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#70 » by Narf » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:06 pm

Chinook wrote:And I highly doubt the Spurs would want Sanders. He'd have to show he's dedicated to the game and over his personal problems. It would probably take years of clean behavior for them to even consider him.

Nah, they'll take him they just won't cut him slack.

I really think OKC makes the most sense. Especially if he's bought out.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#71 » by LApwnd » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:09 pm

Chinook wrote:And I highly doubt the Spurs would want Sanders. He'd have to show he's dedicated to the game and over his personal problems. It would probably take years of clean behavior for them to even consider him.

why? you guys straighten out S. Jackson before, worse case you just cut him if he's a problem.
Chinook
Head Coach

Post#72 » by Chinook » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:10 pm

Narf wrote:

Nah, they'll take him they just won't cut him slack.

I really think OKC makes the most sense. Especially if he's bought out.

When was the last time the Spurs did anything like that? They don't even need him, since he probably wouldn't even be ahead of Baynes this season.
bgrep14
Veteran
And1: 211

Post#73 » by bgrep14 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:28 pm

CAVS!!!
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Post#74 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:41 pm

If he agrees to be on a tight leash I could see Toronto being interested in him. He is a good fit as a rim protector and I think would make a good pairing with Patterson as our reserves
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#75 » by Leto » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:01 pm

I'm going with "Re-Hab."

Seriously, I don't know. Someone will have to be willing to take a chance on him not disrupting their locker room. Maybe the Knicks?
AllSportsTip
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#76 » by AllSportsTip » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:09 pm

I honestly don't think he will play again this season.

Next season? He should have 8-10 teams looking at him.
Stadium5
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,556

Post#77 » by Stadium5 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:23 pm

A 30 for 30 a few years from now based on idiot athletes who threw it all away

Larry Sanders
Josh Gordon
Aaron Hernandez
etc
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Best landing spot for Larry Sanders 

Post#78 » by KuruptedCav » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:57 pm

Stadium5 wrote:A 30 for 30 a few years from now based on idiot athletes who threw it all away

Larry Sanders
Josh Gordon
Aaron Hernandez
etc

Rae Carruth, Steve Howe, and Tonya Harding are ready to pass the Art Schlichter trophy to the next generation.

Justin Blackmon doing his best to get in shape to compete for it...

loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#79 » by loserX » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:59 pm

From the sound of some reports (and admittedly that's all they are), Larry is dealing with things beyond just a fondness for marijuana. Some are reporting that he's not going to play again this year at all.
Stadium5
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,556

Post#80 » by Stadium5 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:01 pm

KuruptedCav wrote:
Stadium5 wrote:A 30 for 30 a few years from now based on idiot athletes who threw it all away

Larry Sanders
Josh Gordon
Aaron Hernandez
etc

Rae Carruth, Steve Howe, and Tonya Harding are ready to pass the Art Schlichter trophy to the next generation.

Justin Blackmon doing his best to get in shape to compete for it...

Lol im definitely wondering about Blackmon and if he's pretty much done. I thought about including him on that list haha

Return to Trades and Transactions