Official MIL/PHI/PHO

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Re: Official MIL/PHI/PHO 

Post#21 » by thamadkant » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:32 pm

ckchen wrote:
1UPZ wrote:
Big_Apple wrote:How had nobody posted this one yet here?

Phoenix trades: Miles Plumlee, Tyler Ennis, 2015 Lakers 1st (protected 1-5, unprotected in 2016)
Phoenix receives: Brandon Knight

Milwaukee trades: Brandon Knight
Milwaukee receives: Michael Carter Williams, Miles Plumlee, Tyler Ennis

Philadelphia trades: Michael Carter Williams
Philadelphia receives: 2015 Lakers 1st (protected 1-5, unprotected in 2016)

Apparently Isaiah Thomas was originally going to go to Philly, but at the last minute something changed and he was shipped to Boston for Cleveland's 2016 1st protected 1-10 in 2016, 2017 and 2018 and unprotected in 2019)

the Lakers pick is 2016 top 3 protected

Are we sure this is the final haul? IMO, the Bucks got entirely too much for an expiring Brandon Knight for this to actually be the final tally. If so, a completely steal for MIL.

I think a lot of Suns fans are still waiting for the dust to settle... apparently Suns are getting 4 first rounders overall... but only 3 are identified... surely Bucks have to be giving up a first rounder protected somehow... they got a great haul for a player they didnt want to re-sign...
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,993

Post#22 » by cl2117 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:39 pm

WiscoKing13 wrote:
Chuck Texas wrote:^ Agreed, plus Kidd seems to be the right coach after all the controversy getting him there. Imagine if Sanders hadn't flamed out where they would be....

First time since the Salmons trade I've enjoyed the results and then you go do that. Want to talk about Parkers ACL next?

God if they had Larry with his head screwed on straight out there next to a healthy Parker, what a team.

I'm pumped for Bucks fans. This is going to be such a fun team to watch going forward. I mean, it's amazing how much that team has going for them when you consider they've been forced to dump Sanders and lost Parker for the year and they're still such a fun team to watch.

Parker, Giannis, Carter-Williams, Henson, Ennis, Plumlee, Middleton, Inglis, Jason Kidd as the coach, they don't owe anybody draft picks and have the Clippers 2017 first. Wowzers. This is a franchise to keep an eye on!
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,530

Post#23 » by Devilanche » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:11 pm

1UPZ wrote:

I think a lot of Suns fans are still waiting for the dust to settle... apparently Suns are getting 4 first rounders overall... but only 3 are identified... surely Bucks have to be giving up a first rounder protected somehow... they got a great haul for a player they didnt want to re-sign...

1 first for IT , 2 first for Dragic, the 4th from which trade?
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#24 » by Golabki » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:21 pm

Big_Apple wrote:How had nobody posted this one yet here?

Phoenix trades: Miles Plumlee, Tyler Ennis, 2015 Lakers 1st (protected 1-5, unprotected in 2016)
Phoenix receives: Brandon Knight

Milwaukee trades: Brandon Knight
Milwaukee receives: Michael Carter Williams, Miles Plumlee, Tyler Ennis

Philadelphia trades: Michael Carter Williams
Philadelphia receives: 2015 Lakers 1st (protected 1-5, 1-3 in 2016, unprotected in 2017)

Apparently Isaiah Thomas was originally going to go to Philly, but at the last minute something changed and he was shipped to Boston for Cleveland's 2016 1st protected 1-10 in 2016, 2017 and 2018 and unprotected in 2019)

I don't really buy into MCW, but still a great haul for Knight... on the heals of a a ridiculously good buy out for Sanders... Bucks are killing it.

Love it for Philly. MCW could be Rodney Stuckey in 3 years. They get what's most likely a top 10 pick.

If you're Pho... why not just keep IT and the Lakers pick and Ennis/Plums? I don't get it.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,530

Post#25 » by Devilanche » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:40 pm

Golabki wrote:
If you're Pho... why not just keep IT and the Lakers pick and Ennis/Plums? I don't get it.

Other than the Dragic trade whereby they were forced into it, i don't get their other 2 trades as well.
Bledsoe could play the SG position, does this mean they are resigning green?
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#26 » by bleeds_purple » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:49 pm

Can't wait to see the defense MIL implements. I've always wanted to see a team roll out a bunch of long guys 1-5 and craft a defense around switching everything and/or zone.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#27 » by LApwnd » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:54 pm

I see some Suns fans brushing off the Lakers pick but when they owned it, it was all glorious and they were getting a top 10 pick sooner or later.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#28 » by Ruzious » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:04 am

If someone had proposed that trade, I would have said "Why do you hate Phoenix?". Philly and Milwaukee both won this trade.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#29 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:07 am

So, we have:

MCW = Lakers pick.
Knight = Miles Plumlee, Tyler Ennis and the Lakers pick.

I love the potential of MCW, but if I am Milwaukee I probably would have taken the pick. However, its a grand slam deal for them. There has to be more coming out from Milwaukee?

If I'm letter grading this, A+ for Milwaukee, A- for Philly, and a straight F for Phoenix.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,457

Post#30 » by jayjaysee » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:26 am

Agree with HW. And even if Milwaukee is sending out a protected first (or more likely the LAC first) to Phoenix.. I still give Milwaukee and A.

Plumlee is worth a mid-late first. Ennis is worth a late first. MCW should be worth an early-mid first (the Lakers first).. Knight at 12+ mil a year is a headache. And I'm not like Bucks fans (and msot fans) and hate Knight, just know he's having a great year and is going to get paid.

For a guy your team wasn't in love with? Have to love it. And I love the idea of having MCW/Dudley/Middleton/G.. I had thought Milwaukee would be bad enough to draft Mudiay - I guess MCW will be that role I wished for them.

Team should be better this year and much better long term because of the moves.

No sense to be made for Phoenix. None..

And Philly IMO is doing it the right way, tank an extra year - but don't keep your busts or your guys you don't believe in - flip them as quickly as you realize you don't want them and try again. KJ nor MCW were busts - but clearly weren't part of Hinkie's vision and he got good value for both and made his team worse this year. A+ I'd say. Lakers pick is IMO 7th-10th next year as I don't see them landing any big free agents and will likely be trying to fill the team up with one-year deals..

And the bottom of the West will be better next year (Sac real coach, Minn development/health, Utah development) I wouldn't put the Lakers about those three teams unless they sign a max free agent this summer on top of one of their young guys looking like an immediate hit.
The59Sound
Head Coach
And1: 917

Post#31 » by The59Sound » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:04 am

I keep waiting for the Wiretap headline: "Billy King Fired by Nets, Joins Suns." That's the only way this makes sense...
R-DAWG wrote:Look guys, no matter what happens we know Fegan is a man of his word and Dwight Howard doesn't change his mind once he makes a decision.

The Quantifiable Connection: An Interstellar fan site.
http://www.quantifiableconnection.com
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#32 » by youngcrev » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:21 am

Wow... who knew Knight had this kind of value? Shocked the Sixers moved MCW but there were rumors all year and this is a pretty nice return. Hopefully Mudiay is wearing a Sixers jersey in a few months.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Post#33 » by the_process » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:41 am

youngcrev wrote:Wow... who knew Knight had this kind of value? Shocked the Sixers moved MCW but there were rumors all year and this is a pretty nice return. Hopefully Mudiay is wearing a Sixers jersey in a few months.

No to Mudiay, yes to Russell.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#34 » by machu46 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:51 am

As a Syracuse and Milwaukee Bucks fan, this is literally one of the happiest days of my life.

And MCW was also my favorite player I've seen go through Syracuse. Just beyond happy.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,125

Re: 

Post#35 » by GopherIt! » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:33 am

I_Socrates wrote:I'd like to say good bye to all. About to go drink a 40 and kill myself with a mixture of alcohol and carbon monoxide poisoning.

Stay thirsty my friend. :party:
jakej26
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#36 » by jakej26 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:58 am

machu46 wrote:As a Syracuse and Milwaukee Bucks fan, this is literally one of the happiest days of my life.

And MCW was also my favorite player I've seen go through Syracuse. Just beyond happy.

I'm a Syracuse and Sixers fan :(

Now that I've had time to process the trade it seems like solid value for Philly, but it still hurts right now. Wish we could've beat Michigan in that final four man, best of luck to MCW (and tyler ennis!).

Edit: At least I still have Jerami Grant! LGO!
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#37 » by machu46 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:21 pm

jakej26 wrote:
machu46 wrote:As a Syracuse and Milwaukee Bucks fan, this is literally one of the happiest days of my life.

I'm a Syracuse and Sixers fan :(

Now that I've had time to process the trade it seems like solid value for Philly, but it still hurts right now. Wish we could've beat Michigan in that final four man, best of luck to MCW (and tyler ennis!).

Edit: At least I still have Jerami Grant! LGO!

Rooting for Grant too. I think he has some intriguing potential. Glad to hear he's been doing decently well so far in Philly.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#38 » by NashtyNas » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:48 pm

So if we know this makes zero sense for the Suns why the hell was our FO dumb enough to do this??? :(
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,370

Post#39 » by drosestruts » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:37 pm

Good article breaking down Knight and Carter-Williams.

http://www.vantagesports.com/#story/VOZ ... don-knight

The stats above show that Carter-Williams is better at getting his teammates involved, posting higher ratings than Knight in both True Facilitation and Assist+ per 100 Chances. Take into account the teammates Carter-Williams has had and the numbers are even more impressive. Playing alongside Khris Middleton, Giannis Antetokounmpo, and Jared Dudley should help Carter-Williams raise his passing numbers even more.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,830

Post#40 » by giberish » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:17 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:So, we have:

MCW = Lakers pick.
Knight = Miles Plumlee, Tyler Ennis and the Lakers pick.

I love the potential of MCW, but if I am Milwaukee I probably would have taken the pick. However, its a grand slam deal for them. There has to be more coming out from Milwaukee?

If I'm letter grading this, A+ for Milwaukee, A- for Philly, and a straight F for Phoenix.

Thinking about it, as good as this is for Milwaulkee, I'd like it even more for them as a 2-team deal.

If they got Thomas/Ennis/Plumlee/LAL 1st for Knight/LAC 1st (or even their own 2015 1st) It would be a clear short, medium and long-term win.

Thomas right now is better than Knight or MCW, and they get Plumlee for center depth. They don't have to pay $15M/yr to keep Knight still have a decent enough starting PG (Whose contract isn't so big that you can't move him if an opportunity for a better one comes along), with Ennis to develop, and get an extra lottery pick (if not this year then next).

Return to Trades and Transactions