ATL/LAL Draft Night

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Re: ATL/LAL Draft Night 

Post#61 » by Mattya » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:00 pm

Disagree. Assuming everyone opts in and the tiers don't change as we lead up to the draft, I think it's pretty obvious the next tier comes in around 12. After the top 4, you have the 4 wings, WCS, Prozingis, Turner, and Looney who all fall somewhere in the top 15 in everyone's big board and in many different orders. They have been all season as well so we're not looking at any johnny-come-lately's here either. Now that it's March Madness, we're already starting to see another wave of guys who have been banging on the door of the 3rd tier all season starting to get their love too - guys like Grant, Booker, Portis, Lyles, and Kaminsky. If the LAL pick falls to 5, then the only reason someone in the top 10 would have to trade up is if they really love a guy - it won't be because of a discrepancy in talent because the talent remains relatively flat possibly even all the way outside the lottery picks.

Agree to disagree then. After the top 8 there is a pretty big drop off and about the next 7 are really close.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,045

Post#62 » by Laimbeer » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:09 pm

Mattya wrote:
Disagree. Assuming everyone opts in and the tiers don't change as we lead up to the draft, I think it's pretty obvious the next tier comes in around 12. After the top 4, you have the 4 wings, WCS, Prozingis, Turner, and Looney who all fall somewhere in the top 15 in everyone's big board and in many different orders. They have been all season as well so we're not looking at any johnny-come-lately's here either. Now that it's March Madness, we're already starting to see another wave of guys who have been banging on the door of the 3rd tier all season starting to get their love too - guys like Grant, Booker, Portis, Lyles, and Kaminsky. If the LAL pick falls to 5, then the only reason someone in the top 10 would have to trade up is if they really love a guy - it won't be because of a discrepancy in talent because the talent remains relatively flat possibly even all the way outside the lottery picks.

Agree to disagree then. After the top 8 there is a pretty big drop off and about the next 7 are really close.

So you're saying the Pistons will pick ninth. :banghead:
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Post#63 » by King Ken » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:34 pm

Mattya wrote:

Top 12 for me. For our team, there is about 14 guys I like in this draft. For the Lakers, maybe 6 or 7.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#64 » by Mattya » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:01 pm

King Ken wrote:
Mattya wrote:

Top 12 for me. For our team, there is about 14 guys I like in this draft. For the Lakers, maybe 6 or 7.

I see no way that any team in the top 8 passes on guys like Hezonja, WCS, Porzingas, or Stanley Johnson for guys like Booker, Portis, Grant, Lyles, Looney or Turner. There is only two guys that could make it a top 9 or 10 and that is Kaminsky and Winslow. To me it's just it's just wishful thinking to think guys in the top 7 or 8 are equal to guys 12 or even 14.
theatlfan
Analyst
And1: 190

Post#65 » by theatlfan » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:47 pm

Mattya wrote:I see no way that any team in the top 8 passes on guys like Hezonja, WCS, Porzingas, or Stanley Johnson for guys like Booker, Portis, Grant, Lyles, Looney or Turner. There is only two guys that could make it a top 9 or 10 and that is Kaminsky and Winslow. To me it's just it's just wishful thinking to think guys in the top 7 or 8 are equal to guys 12 or even 14.

OK, I'm willing to sig bet this...

Assuming the following:
- all 12 guys we have all enter the draft (the top 4 - Okafor, Russell, KAT, Mudiay; "your 4" - S Johnson, Porzingis, WCS, and Hezonja; "my additional 4" - Winslow, Looney, Turner, and Oubre). (Note don't have to worry about Kaminsky since he's a SR anyway)
- no significant injuries occur to any of these 12 players (significant = broken bones or more than minor tears in tendons or ligaments; backs are also considered significant but other sprains and strains are out)

The bet:
- if the top 4 and your 4 go 1-8, then you win
- if the top 4, your 4, and any other 2 go 1-10, then it's a push
- if the any of your 4 are available at 11, then I win

Sig must comply with all realgm guidelines and stays until 7/1/16. Can be changed out once per winner's request.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#66 » by Mattya » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:59 pm

theatlfan wrote:
Mattya wrote:I see no way that any team in the top 8 passes on guys like Hezonja, WCS, Porzingas, or Stanley Johnson for guys like Booker, Portis, Grant, Lyles, Looney or Turner. There is only two guys that could make it a top 9 or 10 and that is Kaminsky and Winslow. To me it's just it's just wishful thinking to think guys in the top 7 or 8 are equal to guys 12 or even 14.

Assuming the following:
- all 12 guys we have all enter the draft (the top 4 - Okafor, Russell, KAT, Mudiay; "your 4" - S Johnson, Porzingis, WCS, and Hezonja; "my additional 4" - Winslow, Looney, Turner, and Oubre). (Note don't have to worry about Kaminsky since he's a SR anyway)
- no significant injuries occur to any of these 12 players (significant = broken bones or more than minor tears in tendons or ligaments; backs are also considered significant but other sprains and strains are out)

The bet:

Sig must comply with all realgm guidelines and stays until 7/1/16. Can be changed out once per winner's request.

I personally don't care if you sig it. Go right ahead.
theatlfan
Analyst
And1: 190

Post#67 » by theatlfan » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:37 pm

Mattya wrote:
theatlfan wrote:

Assuming the following:

The bet:

Not a sig - a sig bet. If you win, I wear the sig of your choice; if I win, then you wear the sig of mine...
Mattya
RealGM

Post#68 » by Mattya » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:47 pm

theatlfan wrote:
Mattya wrote:
theatlfan wrote:OK, I'm willing to sig bet this...

Assuming the following:

The bet:

Not a sig - a sig bet. If you win, I wear the sig of your choice; if I win, then you wear the sig of mine...

Again, I don't care enough about this debate or giving you a sig of my choice. It does nothing for me. If I'm wrong I'll add it to the list of other things I have got wrong and move on.
sogood
Analyst
And1: 5,095

Post#69 » by sogood » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:14 am

King Ken wrote:Hell no! I wouldn't even trade Dennis for the #1 pick in this draft. Sure thing who ever we draft won't get much PT in 2015 anyway.

LOL wow.

:crazy:
King Ken
General Manager

Post#70 » by King Ken » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:51 am

sogood wrote:
King Ken wrote:Hell no! I wouldn't even trade Dennis for the #1 pick in this draft. Sure thing who ever we draft won't get much PT in 2015 anyway.

LOL wow.

Don't really care. Dennis is part of the future. We have a center who is part of the future. We simply need to add a potentially elite to very good wing and our future is as bright as our now.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,045

Post#71 » by Laimbeer » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:10 pm

King Ken wrote:
sogood wrote:

LOL wow.

Don't really care. Dennis is part of the future. We have a center who is part of the future. We simply need to add a potentially elite to very good wing and our future is as bright as our now.

Not sure who you're referring to. Horford?
King Ken
General Manager

Post#72 » by King Ken » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:13 pm

Laimbeer wrote:
King Ken wrote:
sogood wrote:
LOL wow.

Not sure who you're referring to. Horford?

Walter Tavares. Our 2nd round pick from last year. He has tremendously improved from last season to this season. We see him as a Rudy Gobert type. Not as athletic but more agile, longer, stronger and a more fundamentally sound player who rebounds better. http://www.nba.com/draft/2014/prospects/walter_tavares

Return to Trades and Transactions