Trade Challenge: Get Anthony Davis some REAL help

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

rein08
Senior
And1: 18

Trade Challenge: Get Anthony Davis some REAL help 

Post#1 » by rein08 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:09 pm

As it stands now, the Pelicans' playoff chances are starting to slip away from them as OKC starts to get into the groove. One reason could be they couldn't stay on the court all the time. If need be, New Orleans could look into trading one of Holiday, Gordon, Evans, and/or even Ryan Anderson to get Anthony Davis into the playoffs. Who could they get for one of those 4 players + fillers?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: Trade Challenge: Get Anthony Davis some REAL help 

Post#2 » by bondom34 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:25 pm

Health would be key. That said, I'll try and get weird:

NOP/Dallas/Detroit:

Detroit trades Jennings/Meeks for Gordon.

I'm assuming they resign Jackson, this cuts Meeks 2 remaining years down to 1 for similar money, giving extra cap space the following year to resign Drummond and still have cap space in excess.

Dallas trades Monta for Holiday.

Again, assuming Rondo doesn't resign, I think Holiday would be a solid replacement. Personally I think they're approximately equal players, and Jrue won't be as pricey.

NOP trades Holiday/Gordon for Jennings/Meeks/Ellis.

Gives a few guys who at least tend to be healthy more often, and 2 guys who can create their own looks plus Meeks who maybe could regain some of his shot.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,450

Post#3 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:27 pm

Invent a time machine and never do the Holiday trade.

Could possibly have the following..

Elfrid Payton
Gordon
Evans
Davis
Noel
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,709

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:59 pm

bondom34 wrote:Health would be key. That said, I'll try and get weird:

NOP/Dallas/Detroit:

I'm assuming they resign Jackson, this cuts Meeks 2 remaining years down to 1 for similar money, giving extra cap space the following year to resign Drummond and still have cap space in excess.

Again, assuming Rondo doesn't resign, I think Holiday would be a solid replacement. Personally I think they're approximately equal players, and Jrue won't be as pricey.

Gives a few guys who at least tend to be healthy more often, and 2 guys who can create their own looks plus Meeks who maybe could regain some of his shot.

This is actually really quite interesting. I'm not sure about reuniting Jennings/Monta but I do really like adding Monta/Meeks to that team and Jennings isn't terrible to try out for a year. I definitely think the Pelicans are better if they do this.

If Detroit goes with Jackson as the guy at the point(don't love this idea at all personally) then this makes sense for them. Gordon is better than Meeks and gives them more flexibility moving forward.

And for Dallas its another step in trying to add some younger veteran talent. Means Rondo won't be back either which makes the value worse for Dallas, but I think its becoming clearer that this mix isn't working. I'd be down with doing this and looking to find an inexpensive 2 guard.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,709

Post#5 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:00 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:Invent a time machine and never do the Holiday trade.

Elfrid Payton
Gordon
Evans
Davis
Noel

Every team in the league looks better if you let them make moves with the benefit of perfect hindsight.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#6 » by mattao313 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:29 pm

S&T Greg Monroe (4 year max) for Holiday and Anderson
Championships
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#7 » by bondom34 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:53 pm

Chuck Texas wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Health would be key. That said, I'll try and get weird:

NOP/Dallas/Detroit:

This is actually really quite interesting. I'm not sure about reuniting Jennings/Monta but I do really like adding Monta/Meeks to that team and Jennings isn't terrible to try out for a year. I definitely think the Pelicans are better if they do this.

If Detroit goes with Jackson as the guy at the point(don't love this idea at all personally) then this makes sense for them. Gordon is better than Meeks and gives them more flexibility moving forward.

And for Dallas its another step in trying to add some younger veteran talent. Means Rondo won't be back either which makes the value worse for Dallas, but I think its becoming clearer that this mix isn't working. I'd be down with doing this and looking to find an inexpensive 2 guard.

Yeah, I don't think Detroit should keep RJ either, but I'm thinking they may. Hadn't even thought of the reunion!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Zion Wembanyama
RealGM
And1: 3,304

Post#8 » by Zion Wembanyama » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:56 pm

Elfrid Payton
Gordon
Evans
Davis
Noel

Why do this to me?
NBA - Pelicans,Hornets
NFL - Panthers
MLB - Braves
NHL - Ducks, Hurricanes
NCAAB - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
NCAAF - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
Soccer - PSG, CLT FC, USMNT, FRA, SCO
Golf - Tiger Woods
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
NASCAR - Joey Lagano
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM

Post#9 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:18 am

birdsEAThornets wrote:

Elfrid Payton
Gordon
Evans
Davis
Noel

Why do this to me?

While we are doing hindsight and if NO had a competent scouting department, they could have..

Payton
Gordon
Middelton or Draymond
Davis
Noel

:o :banghead: :banghead: :nonono:
californiadude
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#10 » by californiadude » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:41 am

Chuck Texas wrote:

Elfrid Payton
Gordon
Evans
Davis
Noel

Every team in the league looks better if you let them make moves with the benefit of perfect hindsight.

Pretty sure everybody thought the Holiday trade was a overpay from the start.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,643

Post#11 » by Smitty731 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:34 am

I'd consider just letting it play out and going in to 2016-2017 with an amazing amount of space and building from the ground up then. I don't think their guy's value is all that high. Mostly due to what you referenced in not being able to stay healthy. They need rebuild some value before NO can get anything approaching a fair deal.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM

Post#12 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:35 am

californiadude wrote:
Chuck Texas wrote:

Elfrid Payton
Gordon
Evans
Davis
Noel

Pretty sure everybody thought the Holiday trade was a overpay from the start.

Exactly.

Elfrid Payton + Noel for Jrue Holiday .............ouch.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#13 » by rugbyrugger23 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:02 am

Hope Wiz want to go all-in on Durant...

Wiz receive: Gordon + Anderson + Anjinca

Pelicans receive: Gortat + Webster + Porter

For Wizards, increase FA dollars next offseason. Porter has been a bust, move on and take his cap hold away along with add 2 more expiring contracts.
C: Nene
F: Anderson or Hump
F: PP
G: Beal
G: Wall
6: Gordon

For Pelicans, take flyer on Porter in new setting. Also don't have to make a decision on Gordon/Anderson re-sign, Webster walks. Go all in offseason of 2017 (if desired, Gortat 11mil easy to move for even more cap).
Notanoob
Analyst
And1: 1,184

Post#14 » by Notanoob » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:44 am

How about something along the lines of Holiday+Anderson for Gay, Thompson and the Kings' pick?

Move Reke back to PG, get a real SF, and a solid PF/C who they'll be able to cut for little money next season if he doesn't work out.

In looking to get Davis legit help I'm thinking about 2nd-teir 'stars' on teams that aren't quite that good yet. Kings management is all over the place so I don't know what they're up for.
sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Post#15 » by sportscrazy » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:29 am

Keep up with the market to overpay Omer Asik (so that lottery pick traded for him didn't go to waste)

Eric Gordon for Nikola Pekovic and Kevin Martin

Sign L.R. Mbah a Moute and some one like Jeremy Lin

C-Omer Asik/Nikola Pekovic
PF-Anthony Davis/Ryan Anderson
SF-Quincy Pondexter/Mbah a Moute
SG-Tyreke Evans/Kevin Martin
PG-Jrue Holiday/Jeremy Lin
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#16 » by rugbyrugger23 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:55 am

Davis + Holiday + Pondexter to Magic

Aaron Gordon + Payton + NG or expirings of Gordon and Rid + draft pick package: Magic top 5 pick '15, Laker's 1st owed, and future Magic 1st + TPE to Pelicans

Yes I know, Davis is untradeable, but as NBA fan I for one don't want to see him waste away in New Orleans given their cap problems and lack of assets. Davis in Orlando, in the East, would be great fit:
C: Vuc
F: Davis
F: Harris
G: Oladipo
G: Holiday

Not a bad team for Pelicans either plus cap space in 16:
C: Ideally Oak or KAT if 1 or 2
F: Gordon/Anderson
F: Gordon/Probably Johnson if 5
G: Gordon/Evans
G: Evans/Payton
Who doesn't want to see a 3 Gordon team.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#17 » by DanishLakerFan » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:24 am

I think they need to move Ryan Anderson. Based on his on-court/off-court stats, I don’t think he is as valuable offensively as you’d think. They’re much worse defensively (8.3pts per 100 poss) when he’s on the floor and “only” slightly better offensively (3.1 pts per 100 poss). With Davis becoming one of the best long2-shooters in the game, the need for a stretch-4 isn’t all that important.

Idea: Trade Ryan Anderson for Trevor Ariza.
Would give them a 3s/D wing that would really help their defense while providing real floor spacing. Houston I think would consider a deal like this since they have Corey Brewer, KJ McDaniels and Dwight Howard on their roster.
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Post#18 » by Mykhyn » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:21 pm

I don't think they should trade Tyreke.

I think a package of Holiday and Ryan Anderson needs to be offered around the league.

I could see Ryan Anderson getting value from Utah, Houston, Charlotte, Cleveland(depending on Love)

Holiday is a lot trickier. Dallas and Kings are the only teams that make any sense in my head. Maybe Houston.
lordjeff05
Veteran
And1: 765

Post#19 » by lordjeff05 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:20 pm

Elfrid Payton
Gordon
Evans
Davis
Noel

That team is worse than the team we have now. In the future? Maybe not, right now? Not nearly as good.
Krodis
Lead Assistant
And1: 599

Post#20 » by Krodis » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:02 pm

They need a good defensive wing more than anything.

Return to Trades and Transactions