Trade Challenge: Get Anthony Davis some REAL help

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#21 » by NashtyNas » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:58 pm

This is easier said than done. Their best players not named Davis all need the ball to be successful, are well paid and haven't been living up to the hype unless given full reigns. Gordon is easier to move but no one wants Evans because he isn't a point guard, nor can he shoot to space the floor. Holiday's injury history is a concern along with his fit with Evans.

If they can move Holiday for an SF and retain Asik, they may become better just from better fitting roles and an improvement at SF. Again, easier said than done because very few good SFs will be available, especially for a PG. Not like NO has many picks to move either...

IMO best bet is to move Evans to lead guard full time, let Gordon play out his contract then figure it out from there. They MUST retain Asik at a fair price considering what they gave up for him.
sfballa13
Assistant Coach
And1: 928

Re: Trade Challenge: Get Anthony Davis some REAL help 

Post#22 » by sfballa13 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:58 am

bondom34 wrote:Health would be key. That said, I'll try and get weird:

NOP/Dallas/Detroit:

Detroit trades Jennings/Meeks for Gordon.

I'm assuming they resign Jackson, this cuts Meeks 2 remaining years down to 1 for similar money, giving extra cap space the following year to resign Drummond and still have cap space in excess.

Dallas trades Monta for Holiday.

Again, assuming Rondo doesn't resign, I think Holiday would be a solid replacement. Personally I think they're approximately equal players, and Jrue won't be as pricey.

NOP trades Holiday/Gordon for Jennings/Meeks/Ellis.

Gives a few guys who at least tend to be healthy more often, and 2 guys who can create their own looks plus Meeks who maybe could regain some of his shot.

What about Monroe (S+T), Jennings, Meeks, Martin for Anderson, Gordon?

Monroe is from New Orleans and would look great next to Davis

Pistons give Gordon and Anderson a try out for one year before they settle on a long term solution at PF
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#23 » by skywalker33 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:18 am

Get a smarter Front Office ???
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#24 » by bondom34 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:22 am

sfballa13 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Health would be key. That said, I'll try and get weird:

NOP/Dallas/Detroit:

Detroit trades Jennings/Meeks for Gordon.

I'm assuming they resign Jackson, this cuts Meeks 2 remaining years down to 1 for similar money, giving extra cap space the following year to resign Drummond and still have cap space in excess.

Dallas trades Monta for Holiday.

Again, assuming Rondo doesn't resign, I think Holiday would be a solid replacement. Personally I think they're approximately equal players, and Jrue won't be as pricey.

NOP trades Holiday/Gordon for Jennings/Meeks/Ellis.

Gives a few guys who at least tend to be healthy more often, and 2 guys who can create their own looks plus Meeks who maybe could regain some of his shot.

What about Monroe (S+T), Jennings, Meeks, Martin for Anderson, Gordon?

Monroe is from New Orleans and would look great next to Davis

Pistons give Gordon and Anderson a try out for one year before they settle on a long term solution at PF

This is pretty good too, depending on Monroe's price. Though I don't think they'd want Jennings w/ Holiday there, maybe find a 3rd team? Dallas maybe takes Holiday or Jennings?
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#25 » by pelifan » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:05 am

The moving parts should be Tyreke and Anderson.

Anderson and Ross to Sac

Tyreke and Sac first to Toronto

Derozan and Landry to New Orleans

Return to Trades and Transactions