Lee For Wallace (Bos/GSW)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

SMTBSI
RealGM
And1: 25,281

Re: Lee For Wallace (Bos/GSW) 

Post#41 » by SMTBSI » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:41 am

Maple Green wrote:
SMTBSI wrote:Do you understand that you just effectively turned Wallace and the ~33rd pick into a 20 year old rookie former #6 pick who's averaging 14.4/11 in March (with good defense, so they say)?

I am consistent with my view to Nerlens he is Average center. If I will make a decision today. I would rather have Whiteside than Nerlens. I dont care even he is former #6 pick or #1 , we are talking about the performance of the player.

I have no beef with any of those opinions. But "Whiteside > Noel" and "Noel is average" are just slightly less extreme than "Wallace + 2015 #33 for Noel".
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,836

Post#42 » by giberish » Tue Jul 7, 2015 7:53 pm

Bump

Granted this got sidetracked, but how often do you post a trade that actually happens?
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,807

Post#43 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Jul 7, 2015 7:54 pm

giberish wrote:Bump

Granted this got sidetracked, but how often do you post a trade that actually happens?

Very worthy bump imo. Good call by you on this one.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
loserX
And1: 26,046

Post#44 » by loserX » Tue Jul 7, 2015 7:55 pm

Yup, credit where credit is due. If you nail a trade, you're better off than most here (certainly better off than I!), so well done!
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#45 » by bondom34 » Tue Jul 7, 2015 7:55 pm

Wow, nice. This is the second this season I believe (someone called Brandon Wright to PHX as well). But sweet!
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,536

Post#46 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Jul 7, 2015 8:13 pm

bondom34 wrote:Wow, nice. This is the second this season I believe (someone called Brandon Wright to PHX as well). But sweet!

Hey, I called Barnes to Memphis (after the Ridnour move) and I want my credit also.

But on topic, nice call!
Knosh
Starter
And1: 921

Post#47 » by Knosh » Tue Jul 7, 2015 8:19 pm

Nice call!

Maple Green wrote:Then Boston trade Lee + Sixers 2015 2nd round pick trade to Sixers for Noel Nerlins

So now it's only a matter of days until this happens, right?
HartfordWhalers

Post#48 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Jul 7, 2015 8:27 pm

Knosh wrote:Nice call!

Maple Green wrote:Then Boston trade Lee + Sixers 2015 2nd round pick trade to Sixers for Noel Nerlins

So now it's only a matter of days until this happens, right?

Would rather we did that with Okafor.
DiamondParoxysm
Bench Warmer
And1: 54

Post#49 » by DiamondParoxysm » Tue Jul 7, 2015 8:47 pm

Trade a guy who wants to get minutes, but won't with GSW for a guy who doesn't mind if he plays 5 minutes a game (I think) & you don't give any incentives. I like it for Warriors.
Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/jacobfagan
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#50 » by statsman » Tue Jul 7, 2015 8:58 pm

DiamondParoxysm wrote:Trade a guy who wants to get minutes, but won't with GSW for a guy who doesn't mind if he plays 5 minutes a game (I think) & you don't give any incentives. I like it for Warriors.

I think if the Warriors could have gotten a $10M buyout of Lee's contract, they would have done it. This effectively does the same thing if they wish to go that route. Or they can stretch waive Wallace's contract over three seasons @ $3.37M per season, saving them an additional $12M in the luxury tax on top of the $15M the trade will save them. The stretch waive option was not available with Lee's contract.

On top of everything else, the Warriors should receive a $5.39M TPE from the trade. Not that I expect them to use it this season, but if they need an injury replacement player, they have an option to accomplish that (albeit with the luxury tax hit again). Without it, they were seriously limited in their trade options this season.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,447

Post#51 » by mhd » Tue Jul 7, 2015 9:00 pm

giberish wrote:Bump

I predicted a trade once (and posted it on here) regarding Rasual Butler being traded to the Clippers from New Orleans.
eagles nut
Analyst
And1: 266

Post#52 » by eagles nut » Tue Jul 7, 2015 9:30 pm

You should send a bill to GS and BOS for a finder's fee!

Seriously, I would't be surprised if some teams' lower-level personnel guys peruse this forum.
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#53 » by statsman » Tue Jul 7, 2015 9:35 pm

eagles nut wrote:Seriously, I would't be surprised if some teams' lower-level personnel guys peruse this forum.

Mostly for its comedic or soap opera value? :lol:
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#54 » by turk3d » Tue Jul 7, 2015 9:41 pm

azwfan wrote:
BizGilwalker wrote:
azwfan wrote:
Hey, Marvin Williams is a sub 70% FT shooter now? He was an 80% ft guy before. Is he unhappy in CHA?

seems happy here, but he's just extraordinarily ordinary as a basketball player. He seems like a really nice locker room guy, he's just not very good at anything, and he's miscast as a PF here for some reason.

We'll hand him over to Ron Adams and make him useful. Trade accepted.

Why not just do the same with Wallace, who if motivated and healthy is a better player than both those guys combined? I'd rather take my chances with Wallace, who if he doesn't pan out, can be stretched waived at the very least or even traded himself. The guy was once one of the best defenders in the league for those who have forgotten. Put him on a team where he's needed/expected to score and he has problems, but not necessary on this team.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
HartfordWhalers

Post#55 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Jul 7, 2015 9:46 pm

turk3d wrote:
azwfan wrote:
BizGilwalker wrote:seems happy here, but he's just extraordinarily ordinary as a basketball player. He seems like a really nice locker room guy, he's just not very good at anything, and he's miscast as a PF here for some reason.

Why not just do the same with Wallace, who if motivated and healthy is a better player than both those guys combined? I'd rather take my chances with Wallace, who if he doesn't pan out, can be stretched waived at the very least or even traded himself. The guy was once one of the best defenders in the league for those who have forgotten. Put him on a team where he's needed/expected to score and he has problems, but not necessary on this team.

Wallace is not better than Marvin Williams.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,534

Post#56 » by codydaze » Tue Jul 7, 2015 9:59 pm

azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#57 » by azwfan » Tue Jul 7, 2015 10:00 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
turk3d wrote:
azwfan wrote:

Wallace is not better than Marvin Williams.

And by time we figure out that he wont work out... its too late to stretch waive. Deadline to stretch waive is Aug 31.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,720

Post#58 » by the_process » Wed Jul 8, 2015 12:21 am

GSW has a month to try and flip him again... but it's now gonna cost them more than it would have to flip Lee. I wish teams wouldn't give Ainge ample reason to be a d***.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#59 » by turk3d » Wed Jul 8, 2015 1:48 am

oyoyer wrote:GSW has a month to try and flip him again... but it's now gonna cost them more than it would have to flip Lee. I wish teams wouldn't give Ainge ample reason to be a d***.

How does it cost them more when his contract is for $5M less (if they don't stretch wave) and if they do before the deadline when Lee couldn't be stretch waived regardless? I don't see how this deal (if anything) doesn't save them money.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
RealityIsDemar
Rookie
And1: 1,164

Post#60 » by RealityIsDemar » Wed Jul 8, 2015 2:55 am

Just giving some credit where credit is deserved.
Shoutout to Bruno Skull for the sig

Return to Trades and Transactions