Lee For Wallace (Bos/GSW)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,535

Re: Lee For Wallace (Bos/GSW) 

Post#21 » by HornetJail » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:04 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:
BizGilwalker wrote:Charlotte sends in an offer to Golden State- Marvin Williams and Brian Roberts for David Lee- about $300k less salary, and better production than Wallace. Lee is worth more than that, but this is definitely better than just Wallace.

Pretty sure the Warriors would jump on this if it was offered. I certainly would.

It would save something like $5.6M in salary, probably around $9M more in the tax, and would return a couple of guys with contracts that would be much easier to move at the deadline (should they want to do so) than Lee's massive deal. Plus, Williams might actually be a nice fit in the Warriors' scheme of switching everything, as he could be another pretty good 6'8" stretch 4 for the team.

Nice deal. I'd definitely take it. Couldn't imagine Lee playing next to Jefferson on the front line in Charlotte, but that's not mine to worry about......

I can barely imagine Jefferson and Marvin playing together, and that's what happens when Zeller is out. It literally can't get worse than that. At least it gives our FO an incentive to start looking at Jefferson trades and re-sign Bismack.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
username_taken
Veteran
And1: 2,412

Lee For Wallace (Bos/GSW) 

Post#22 » by username_taken » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:35 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Maple Green wrote:For Boston, I would agree on this trade in ONE CONDITION- The TPE of Wallace was credited to Boston like Rondo trade type.

Then Boston trade Lee + Sixers 2015 2nd round pick trade to Sixers for Noel Nerlins

PG-Smart,IT,Pressey
SG-Turner,Bradley
SF-Crowder,Datome,Jerebko
PF-KO,Sully,Bass
C-Zeller,Nerlins

So, your thinking is Philly would trade Noel for a 15m bad contract and a second rounder?

Lmao I really hope that was a joke, he can't possibly be serious
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,121

Post#23 » by jbk1234 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:02 pm

If I'm GS, I'm calling Philly first and seeing if they want David Lee for a second before I took back Wallace. David Lee on Philly next year playing next to Noel/Embid could work.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#24 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:10 pm

jbk1234 wrote:If I'm GS, I'm calling Philly first and seeing if they want David Lee for a second before I took back Wallace. David Lee on Philly next year playing next to Noel/Embid could work.

Philly wouldn't spend value to acquire the right to pay Lee 15m. Thats not the direction of Philly, or a good use of cap space, or even of a second.
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,011

Post#25 » by R-DAWG » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:23 pm

BizGilwalker wrote:Charlotte sends in an offer to Golden State- Marvin Williams and Brian Roberts for David Lee- about $300k less salary, and better production than Wallace. Lee is worth more than that, but this is definitely better than just Wallace.

This makes sense because Roberts could be flipped to a 3rd team for a TPE and Williams cap hit stretched to $2.5 million for 3 years. This saves Golden State $13 million off next years payroll.

Golden State and Sac could also work a Lee for Landry trade. Landry would replace Lee's production in the limited role off the bench and Golden State would save $8 million off next years payroll - giving them room to resign Draymond Green and still have room in the first tranche of luxury tax to fill out the roster
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by jbk1234 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:31 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:If I'm GS, I'm calling Philly first and seeing if they want David Lee for a second before I took back Wallace. David Lee on Philly next year playing next to Noel/Embid could work.

Philly wouldn't spend value to acquire the right to pay Lee 15m. Thats not the direction of Philly, or a good use of cap space, or even of a second.

That's crazy to me. David Lee would be a good fit there and he doesn't have that much longer on his current contract. You have to score to win and Philly needs to start putting some Ws up on the board next year if they want to build a great team. It doesn't even have to be a "good" second round pick.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,696

Post#27 » by Warriorfan » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:36 pm

A pure salary dump with Philly only happens at the deadline to get to the salary floor.

I think GS can get C Frye ,Landry, A Thompson , Calderon , Ariza deal done
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,744

Post#28 » by azwfan » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:42 pm

Warriorfan wrote:A pure salary dump with Philly only happens at the deadline to get to the salary floor.

I think GS can get C Frye ,Landry, A Thompson , Calderon , Ariza deal done

There was another deal a CHA fan proposed where GSW gets Marvin Williams and that PG with the baseball name (sorry forgot his name). That was my preferred deal so far. The market for Lee grows by the day!

Edit: Brian Roberts is the player.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#29 » by KuruptedCav » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:49 am

jbk1234 wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

That's crazy to me. David Lee would be a good fit there and he doesn't have that much longer on his current contract. You have to score to win and Philly needs to start putting some Ws up on the board next year if they want to build a great team. It doesn't even have to be a "good" second round pick.

The MCW trade for the Lakers pick was a clear indication that there is at least one more tank year in the coffer for the 76ers. They will try to compete with youth, but I'd be very surprised if they added anyone of substance that could artificially inflate their short-term win total.
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Post#30 » by Smitty731 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:07 am

Maple Green wrote:For Boston, I would agree on this trade in ONE CONDITION- The TPE of Wallace was credited to Boston like Rondo trade type.

Then Boston trade Lee + Sixers 2015 2nd round pick trade to Sixers for Noel Nerlins

PG-Smart,IT,Pressey
SG-Turner,Bradley
PF-KO,Sully,Bass
C-Zeller,Nerlins

First, there would be no TPE created. Lee makes more than Wallace, and the Celtics can't absorb Lee with a TPE.

Second, it is Nerlins Noel not Noel Nerlins.

And finally, no way in hell Philly would ever do that. The Celtics would have to add a minimum of one of the Brooklyn picks or one of their own picks. Probably more like a couple first round picks.
Frank Dux
Head Coach
And1: 9,224

Post#31 » by Frank Dux » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:27 am

Smitty731 wrote:

PG-Smart,IT,Pressey
SG-Turner,Bradley
PF-KO,Sully,Bass
C-Zeller,Nerlins

First, there would be no TPE created. Lee makes more than Wallace, and the Celtics can't absorb Lee with a TPE.

And finally, no way in hell Philly would ever do that. The Celtics would have to add a minimum of one of the Brooklyn picks or one of their own picks. Probably more like a couple first round picks.

It's actually Nerlens Noel
Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Post#32 » by Smitty731 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:59 am

Frank Dux wrote:
Smitty731 wrote:

PG-Smart,IT,Pressey
SG-Turner,Bradley
PF-KO,Sully,Bass
C-Zeller,Nerlins

It's actually Nerlens Noel

Good point. I didn't even catch that part. I was mostly thinking about how absurd the rest was.
HartfordWhalers

Post#33 » by HartfordWhalers » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:12 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

David Lee isn't good. He definitely isn't 15m good. If you want to argue that Philly needs to start winning next year -- which is a bigger picture debate and I would say that if they are to start using cap space to do it, they would want players that can mesh into the core not be gone in a year -- then why would they pay an asset to spend 15m of cap space on David Lee?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by jbk1234 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:45 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

David Lee isn't good. He definitely isn't 15m good. If you want to argue that Philly needs to start winning next year -- which is a bigger picture debate and I would say that if they are to start using cap space to do it, they would want players that can mesh into the core not be gone in a year -- then why would they pay an asset to spend 15m of cap space on David Lee?

He's not worth the contract but he's good at everything except for defense (which Philly has plenty of). He's got one year left on that contract after this season. Philly can trade for a player like him, or they can try to convince FAs to come and sign there. I'd rather have an overpaid Lee for one year than overpay another FA for multiple years. Frankly, I think it would be much better for Philly to get some wins on the board next season, let Lee expire, and then make a run at free agents when you appear to have already taken the next step. But that's me.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Maple Green
Starter
And1: 79

Post#35 » by Maple Green » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:51 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:

PG-Smart,IT,Pressey
SG-Turner,Bradley
PF-KO,Sully,Bass
C-Zeller,Nerlins

So, your thinking is Philly would trade Noel for a 15m bad contract and a second rounder?

Nerlens is only average center and 2nd 2015 philly is like 32-35 pick
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,696

Post#36 » by Warriorfan » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:14 pm

Boston with David Lee makes the playoffs in the east.

Wallace maybe rejuvenates his career under Adams and plays defense again or can be stretch waived.
2nd Rd picks coming to GS to euro stash would fit a contender like GS long range planning.
HartfordWhalers

Post#37 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:23 pm

Maple Green wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

PG-Smart,IT,Pressey
SG-Turner,Bradley
PF-KO,Sully,Bass
C-Zeller,Nerlins

Suppose Philly irrationally says no. What other average young players could Boston target with the pick?
Maple Green
Starter

Post#38 » by Maple Green » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:02 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Maple Green wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:

Suppose Philly irrationally says no. What other average young players could Boston target with the pick?

Celtics have 9th own pick
and also got clippers pick 24th to 26th
If Philly say no , we would rather keep wallace for the expiry and his value was high during 2016 trade deadline.
SMTBSI
RealGM
And1: 25,281

Post#39 » by SMTBSI » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:11 am

Maple Green wrote:Celtics have 9th own pick
If Philly say no , we would rather keep wallace for the expiry and his value was high during 2016 trade deadline.

Do you understand that you just effectively turned Wallace and the ~33rd pick into a 20 year old rookie former #6 pick who's averaging 14.4/11 in March (with good defense, so they say)?

(And that we're currently in line for the 15th pick?)
Maple Green
Starter

Post#40 » by Maple Green » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:31 am

SMTBSI wrote:
Maple Green wrote:Celtics have 9th own pick

Do you understand that you just effectively turned Wallace and the ~33rd pick into a 20 year old rookie former #6 pick who's averaging 14.4/11 in March (with good defense, so they say)?

(And that we're currently in line for the 15th pick?)

I am consistent with my view to Nerlens he is Average center. If I will make a decision today. I would rather have Whiteside than Nerlens. I dont care even he is former #6 pick or #1 , we are talking about the performance of the player.

Return to Trades and Transactions