Schr

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Schr 

Post#1 » by Hawk Eye » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:39 am

What does this package equal? What kind of player or pick would the Hawks get out of this? Even though BRK has been winning as of late I still don't see them getting the 8 seed in the east. They have a very tough schedule remaining.

Schröder + pick 9-14 = ?

I was thinking this maybe?

Schröder + pick 9-14 = #2 or #3?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,143

Re: Schr 

Post#2 » by jbk1234 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:42 am

It will get you No. 4 for sure and No. 3 if someone's not that high Russell.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Hawk Eye » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:49 am

If Okafor falls to #2 or #3 I would definitely pull the trigger on this deal. But I don't see that happening. Don't get me wrong I'm very high on Schröder and love the kid but a talent/prospect like Okafor cant be denied.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,837

Post#4 » by giberish » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:27 am

jbk1234 wrote:It will get you No. 4 for sure and No. 3 if someone's not that high Russell.

I'd really doubt that. Few teams are interested in making quality for quantity deals.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,143

Post#5 » by jbk1234 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:29 am

giberish wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:It will get you No. 4 for sure and No. 3 if someone's not that high Russell.

I'd really doubt that. Few teams are interested in making quality for quantity deals.

Is there a guard in the draft better than Schroder?
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#6 » by skywalker33 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:42 am

I think both Mudiay and Russell appear to be better than Schroder, but I don't see Dennis much so it's pure speculation on my part. I have seen a lot of Russell, know ofMudiay off reports from a friend who works over in China. Says he was a man among boys , but isn't everyone over in the CBA ??
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,489

Post#7 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:46 am

skywalker33 wrote:I think both Mudiay and Russell appear to be better than Schroder, but I don't see Dennis much so it's pure speculation on my part. I have seen a lot of Russell, know ofMudiay off reports from a friend who works over in China. Says he was a man among boys , but isn't everyone over in the CBA ??

For what it's worth, CBA is comparative to a better D-league.
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager

Post#8 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:52 am

As for the trade, I have seen a lot of Schröder but can't see anybody trading out the top 5 for Schröder without more incentive. He just not that good to be a center piece of a top pick. Maybe 6 and a cap dump for Schröder and a pick.
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Hawk Eye » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:04 am

Wasabi_Johnson wrote:As for the trade, I have seen a lot of Schröder but can't see anybody trading out the top 5 for Schröder without more incentive. He just not that good to be a center piece of a top pick. Maybe 6 and a cap dump for Schröder and a pick.

I don't think ATL would pull the trigger on this or be interested at all. Because after the top 4 of (Okafor,Towns,Mudiay,and Russell) there isn't much of a talent discrepancy between the 5th pick all the way towards the end of the lotto.
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager

Post#10 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:41 am

PMOTT3 wrote:
Wasabi_Johnson wrote:As for the trade, I have seen a lot of Schröder but can't see anybody trading out the top 5 for Schröder without more incentive. He just not that good to be a center piece of a top pick. Maybe 6 and a cap dump for Schröder and a pick.

I don't think ATL would pull the trigger on this or be interested at all. Because after the top 4 of (Okafor,Towns,Mudiay,and Russell) there isn't much of a talent discrepancy between the 5th pick all the way towards the end of the lotto.

I agree for the most part. Think Stanley Johnson would be the perfect for the Hawks. Has elite size and defensive potential.

Top 4 wise, Magic, Knicks, Lakers and Philly probably don't see PG as their biggest need. If Hawks, wanted to get aggressive and really want to get in the top 4. I could see them getting a top pick for Teague.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,837

Post#11 » by giberish » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:01 am

PMOTT3 wrote:

That's kind of the point. Schroder won't move you up into the top tier (2-5 whatever it shakes out to be at draft time). He'll just move you up to the top of the 2nd tier.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#12 » by DanishLakerFan » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:50 am

5th for Schroeder and Hawks' - if it's 8-10. That's all i'd be interested in giving up for the Lakers point of view. Russell, Mudiay, Towns and Okafor all have superstar potential and i'm not convinced Schroeder even have "above-average starting point guard" potential.

Lakers have the Houston pick, which could land Delon Wright or Tyus Jones, who probably have just as much upside as Schroeder as well.
my2bits
Junior
And1: 57

Post#13 » by my2bits » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:21 pm

If I'm the Hawks there's no scenario in which I trade Dennis Schroeder just to move up in the draft. PG has been a position of strength all season and will continue to be as Dennis/Jeff will only get better with time. No, I would rather trade Bazemore and the Minnesota pick(2017). This way you take care of 2 needs this summer. With BK's pick you take the best available talent @ the 8-10 range (Stein, Kaminsky, Oubre, Looney, Dekker, Delon Wright) and get a veteran for the Minny pick. Jordan Mickey will be a special 2nd rd pick.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#14 » by King Ken » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:06 am

I swear, how many times can this thread get made and on different boards? Sorry realgmer's we have a terrible fanbase on this site who I personally don't care about more times than not. We have some good posters as well but guys like the OP who is a Warriors fan, then we have another who is a babblemouth who makes long articulate posts which has no Basketball logic and probably grow up being a nerd, and another who is a Magic fan who fronts as a Hawk fan is a terrible for our fanbase.

Sorry for this thread. We have no interest in trading Dennis and we do not mean to disrespect you with fictitious offers.
N.O.R.E.
RealGM
And1: 240

Post#15 » by N.O.R.E. » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:14 am

If I'm the Hawks, I wouldn't trade Shroder. I also certainly wouldn't package him in a deal to move up the draft. The Hawks have a great core, and if they made a deal they should be targeting a dynamic wing and a traditional back-up C IMO.

Return to Trades and Transactions