Clips shutout Lakers with help from friends in OKC, NY & CLE

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

N.O.R.E.
RealGM
And1: 240

Clips shutout Lakers with help from friends in OKC, NY & CLE 

Post#1 » by N.O.R.E. » Wed Apr 1, 2015 10:06 am

Obviously has no chance in going down, however I feel the value is close to being there.

Clippers trade: Paul, B. Griffin
Receive: Westbrook, K. Love, Novak, $2-3 million TE

DeAndre/Hawes
Love/FA - poach Ed Davis??
Barnes/FA
Redick/JC
Westbrook/FA

The Clippers get two players who went to UCLA and have been linked to the Lakers. This extends their contending window and helps shut out their Staples centre cohabitant.

Cleveland trade: Kyrie, Love, Brenda contract
Receive: Chris Paul, Carmelo

Mozgov/Varejao
Carmelo/Tristan Thompson
LeBron/Carmelo
Shump/JR Smith
CP3/LeBron/FA

The Cavs form superbestfriends version 2. LeBron+Melo would be a devastating forward combo, especially with CP3 as floor general.

OKC trade: Westbrook, Ibaka, Novak
Receive: Blake Griffin, Kyrie

The Thunder land OKC product Blake Griffin and a star guard to replace Westbrook.

Knicks trade: Melo
Receive: Ibaka, Brenda contract

The Knicks land Ibaka while opening up an additional $11 million+ in cap space. Sure they help build a juggernaught in Cleveland, however, it would only last a couple of years. The Knicks could become very good very quickly - whether they hit on a stud in the draft or use the pick to acquire one. If the Knicks go the draft route they could easily be ready to snap up deals for use of their cap (bailing out the Warriors of their obligation for Barnes, as an example).
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,044

Re: Clips shutout Lakers with help from friends in OKC, NY & CLE 

Post#2 » by Laimbeer » Wed Apr 1, 2015 10:46 am

Brenda? :lol:
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,829

Post#3 » by Domejandro » Wed Apr 1, 2015 10:52 am

I think the first two teams like the trade a ton, but Oklahoma does not get enough due to the great defensive drop off they would have, and New York would likely decline also. Then again, with New York you can never be sure; if they got free agents that could not co-exist with Carmelo they would possibly consider it.

Definitely too good for Cleveland though.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#4 » by bondom34 » Wed Apr 1, 2015 1:51 pm

Oh, just no. That's all I got.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,445

Post#5 » by Slava » Wed Apr 1, 2015 4:38 pm

As crazy as this looks, I like it. Knicks might have some gripe but getting out of Melo's deal with buyer's remorse and lucking into Ibaka is not a bad trade off either.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,081

Post#6 » by jbk1234 » Wed Apr 1, 2015 8:38 pm

This is horrid for the Cavs. It's just awful. I wouldn't trade Kyrie for CP3 and I wouldn't trade Love for Melo.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#7 » by SuperflyKnick » Wed Apr 1, 2015 9:17 pm

Slava wrote:As crazy as this looks, I like it. Knicks might have some gripe but getting out of Melo's deal with buyer's remorse and lucking into Ibaka is not a bad trade off either.

Who said the Knicks are remorsing Carmelo contract... In fact I'm sure they are thrilled he didn't wait till the new cba kicks in next yr where he wud have commanded 30 mil in the open market the way the dam cap is going up
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by jbk1234 » Wed Apr 1, 2015 10:33 pm

yenrallik11 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:This is horrid for the Cavs. It's just awful. I wouldn't trade Kyrie for CP3 and I wouldn't trade Love for Melo.

I get that, kyrie and love are younger. Love a better fit at PF. I do believe though their chances of a title go up based upon experience and maturity (shorter window for sure). Could even toss lebron at the 2 with melo at the 3 and TT starts while melo only spots minutes at the four. Paul can compete with kyrie offensively (not saying better scorer) and is 10 times the play maker and leader. Melo has been a top notch scorer forever. Lebron and paul feeding him the ball?? Tooooo easy! Melo would have the two strongest leaders and his friends to push him defensively. While i understand keeping love/kyrie over aging paul/melo. I am convinced paul/melo around lebron produces a stronger team/title contender

I'm not at all convinced that a play-making point guard like CP3 would be a better fit with LBJ than Kyrie is. I'm 100% convinced that Melo would be a bad fit with LBJ and CP3. Melo is more of a ball stopper than LBJ. I don't think you've added anything on the defensive end and you've given up rebounding by losing Love. When you factor in age, injury history and contract status, I'd much rather stick with what the Cavs have. It's really not even close for either trade.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#9 » by skywalker33 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 1:17 am

April Fool's ????
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Post#10 » by R-DAWG » Thu Apr 2, 2015 3:08 am

jbk1234 wrote:
yenrallik11 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:This is horrid for the Cavs. It's just awful. I wouldn't trade Kyrie for CP3 and I wouldn't trade Love for Melo.

I get that, kyrie and love are younger. Love a better fit at PF. I do believe though their chances of a title go up based upon experience and maturity (shorter window for sure). Could even toss lebron at the 2 with melo at the 3 and TT starts while melo only spots minutes at the four. Paul can compete with kyrie offensively (not saying better scorer) and is 10 times the play maker and leader. Melo has been a top notch scorer forever. Lebron and paul feeding him the ball?? Tooooo easy! Melo would have the two strongest leaders and his friends to push him defensively. While i understand keeping love/kyrie over aging paul/melo. I am convinced paul/melo around lebron produces a stronger team/title contender

I'm not at all convinced that a play-making point guard like CP3 would be a better fit with LBJ than Kyrie is. I'm 100% convinced that Melo would be a bad fit with LBJ and CP3. Melo is more of a ball stopper than LBJ. I don't think you've added anything on the defensive end and you've given up rebounding by losing Love. When you factor in age, injury history and contract status, I'd much rather stick with what the Cavs have. It's really not even close for either trade.

probably shouldn't be using the injury history line with Kyrie and Love. Those dudes have been hurt over the years.

But break down the trade further. I'm not sure the Clippers upgrade trading Griffin for Love. The trade needs to be simplified.
CLE: Chris Paul
LAC: Kyrie Irving

You can make arguments why this could work for either team, and why neither team should do it. The value is pretty fair.

Flipping Westbrook for Kyrie also could make sense, but Westbrook is the better player right now. If the goal is to unite Love and Westbrook OKC might be the place. Problem is it would cost Ibaka and his defense means too much for them to sacrifice to upgrade the Kantor spot to Kevin Love, unless they can flip Kantor in a sign and trade for a defensive 5.

As for the Melo part. Melo for Ibaka does not really make sense. Ibaka is a nice start to a package but it's a downgrade in talent and not enough reward.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by jbk1234 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 3:15 am

R-DAWG wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
yenrallik11 wrote:

probably shouldn't be using the injury history line with Kyrie and Love. Those dudes have been hurt over the years.

People say that but Kyrie hasn't missed major playing time due to injury. Melo just had surgery. I'll keep the younger players.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Austincys21
Veteran
And1: 733

Post#12 » by Austincys21 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 3:35 am

My only question is why ?

Have you ever seen a 4 way deal containg like 7 superstars ?

This is stupid
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,793

Post#13 » by yoyoboy » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:11 am

I certainly wouldn't think about trading Kyrie for CP3 and I wouldn't consider trading Love for Melo either. I get the motive. Bring the super friends, Lebron, Carmelo, and Paul, together, but the fit is worse and you just make the Big 3 (Kyrie, Lebron, and Love) 11 years older by turning them into Lebron, Paul, and Carmelo. No thanks.
Takingbaconback
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#14 » by Takingbaconback » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:28 am

I wouldnt trade away westbrook if i were okc
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by bondom34 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:46 am

Takingbaconback wrote:I wouldnt trade away westbrook if i were okc

Yeah, no one's really addressed this. Its not even close.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by jbk1234 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 5:08 am

bondom34 wrote:

How great would it be to see the look on Dion's face though?
cbosh4mvp wrote:
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by bondom34 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 5:11 am

jbk1234 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

How great would it be to see the look on Dion's face though?

:lol: :lol: "Hey Dion, uh, we wanted you to feel at home so we brought back a familiar face..."

He's on another end of the season "hot streak"......
Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#18 » by Mamba Venom » Thu Apr 2, 2015 5:49 am

No way it happens but I would love to see Love and Westbrook in LA.
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#19 » by Dupp » Thu Apr 2, 2015 7:12 am

I think cavs are the most likely to say yes, dont see clippers and okc doing this..
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,734

Post#20 » by Diop » Thu Apr 2, 2015 8:17 am

Dupp wrote:I think cavs are the most likely to say yes, dont see clippers and okc doing this..

disagree

Return to Trades and Transactions