MIN/PHX

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,530

MIN/PHX 

Post#1 » by Note30 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:16 pm

MIN sends: Nikola Pekovic, removes the protection on the 2016 pick, sends earliest 2nd, and Adrien Payne
PHX sends: Marcus and Markieff Morris

Minnesota fixes the massive black hole at PF and cleans up its roster at the cost of a 2nd and Payne.
PHX gets another solid pick, a prospect and a decent backup center all while enduring the "rebuild"
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: MIN/PHX 

Post#2 » by bondom34 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:20 pm

PHX isn't giving both twins for a pick and a terrible contract. I'd think its closer if Minny gave their pick this year than 2016, and that's not fair either.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
jscott
Veteran
And1: 917

Post#3 » by jscott » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:22 pm

bondom34 wrote:PHX isn't giving both twins for a pick and a terrible contract. I'd think its closer if Minny gave their pick this year than 2016, and that's not fair either.

Not giving up this years pick to dump PEK. That's a non starter.

I get PHX wouldn't wanna wait for a return on two of their players either so I think this whole idea is dead in the water.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#4 » by bondom34 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:23 pm

jscott wrote:
bondom34 wrote:PHX isn't giving both twins for a pick and a terrible contract. I'd think its closer if Minny gave their pick this year than 2016, and that's not fair either.

Not giving up this years pick to dump PEK. That's a non starter.

I get PHX wouldn't wanna wait for a return on two of their players either so I think this whole idea is dead in the water.

Yep, I'd agree. That's what I meant when I said that it wasn't fair either way.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
hcsilla
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#5 » by hcsilla » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:36 pm

I think that the Celtics warmly welcome the idea of the Wolves removing the protection on 2016 pick since they acquired it in the Brandan Wright-trade.
Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Post#6 » by Mattya » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:57 pm

Pek isn't getting moved. The cost to move him isn't a price the Wolves are willing to pay. But hey it only cost a protected pick to get rid of McGee's contract. So, maybe next offseason. We will have to wait and see how the recovery for Pek goes. If it is all better, great. If not there is some talk that they may look into a medical retirement.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#7 » by moss_is_1 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:52 am

Mattya wrote:Pek isn't getting moved. The cost to move him isn't a price the Wolves are willing to pay. But hey it only cost a protected pick to get rid of McGee's contract. So, maybe next offseason. We will have to wait and see how the recovery for Pek goes. If it is all better, great. If not there is some talk that they may look into a medical retirement.

Exactly. No reason for us to attach value to move Pek. We aren't going to be FA players, or be that close to having caproom with Rubio's extension kicking in, Martin, Wiggins, Bennett, KG(he'll be singing an extension). Maybe once the cap goes up we can explore it, but we would be selling really low on Pek.

Return to Trades and Transactions