Orlando Magic: Off-Season Needs, Priorities, Objectives, Ideas and Analysis

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

californiadude
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Re: Re: Orlando Magic: Off-Season Needs, Priorities, Objectives, Ideas and Analysis 

Post#21 » by californiadude » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:44 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
californiadude wrote:
Magic_Johnny12 wrote:Offer LA '17 first to Chicago for Thibs (They will NOT fire him and will be traded if they decide to go another direction like Doc)

If asking price is too high for Thibs hire Malone.

If Malone isn't available call Donovan up.

Match Harris

Match OQuinn

Resign Willie Green to a similar deal 1-2 yr last year team option kinda deal

Draft WCS

Offer the max to Draymond Green

Trade/waive Ridnour,BGordon

Trade Nicholson for a future 2nd

(if cap permits)

Sign one of Mo Williams/Jameer Nelson/Jeremy Lin

Payton.FA.Green
Dipo.Fournier.Marble
Harris.Gordon.Harkless
Green.Frye.OQuinn
Vuc.WCS.Dedmon

If this happened I will immediatley purchase season tickets.

I don't think offering Green the max makes sense for Orlando, You're one of the few teams who really shouldn't look at him imo. Aaron Gordon will be Draymond on steroids in 2 or 3 years...And that's coming from a Warriors fan.

We will be trying to compete for a playoff spot next year, and with the cap rise throwing the max at Draymond will not hurt us long term and will immediately make us a better team.

Fair enough. It's a non issue because the Ws will match. I'm just saying Signing Green will majorly stunt Gordon's growth (trust me, Ws did the same thing with Barnes and iggy). It just doesn't make any sense to give max money to a guy with the same skill set as your 4th pick rookie. Especially when you consider that Gordon is 7 years younger and still on a rookie deal to boot. You'd be much better off committing those resources to Middleton or Mathews, especially if you want to make the playoffs. You guys need shooting in a big way and Draymond doesn't provide that all that well.
californiadude
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Re: Re: Orlando Magic: Off-Season Needs, Priorities, Objectives, Ideas and Analysis 

Post#22 » by californiadude » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:47 pm

tiderulz wrote:
californiadude wrote:I'd start by calling Sac-Town everyday offering Vucevic and other pieces (S/T Harris, 5th pick).

Harris cant be traded or even offered a contract until after the draft. And would have to agree to go to Sacramento, something I doubt he agrees to. And Orlando would have had to know what player the Kings would want to draft. Thats a trade that just cant be done with Harris.

I didn't even think about that. Thanks for clearing that up and sorry for the complete brain dead moment.

Return to Trades and Transactions