Hawks looking to move up in the draft

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,363

Hawks looking to move up in the draft 

Post#1 » by King Ken » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:41 pm

We are willing to trade some of a lesser players and some picks.

Our assets:
15th pick
51 and 59 2nd round picks
17' 1st Minny

Player assets:
Mack
Muscala
Scott

Not trading:
Tavares
Dennis
Korver
Horford
Teague
or our FA's of course like Sap, DMC and Antic.

We are looking to move up as high as 6th. What do you think our chances are with our assets. I think we have more than enough of course depending on the team. I think we can trade with Miami or Indy.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,346

Re: Hawks looking to move up in the draft 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:47 pm

You have zero chance of getting to 6 with what you are willing to give up. The 2017 MIN 1st has a s little value. The rest of that package has essentially none.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#3 » by King Ken » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:50 pm

Chuck Texas wrote:You have zero chance of getting to 6 with what you are willing to give up. The 2017 MIN 1st has a s little value. The rest of that package has essentially none.

I thought so about 6th. Usually, it would take multiple late lotto picks to move from 15 to 6th in the NBA draft. Two mid first can get you a maybe to 9th but that's pushing it and it depends on the team and the draft.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#4 » by jimmy keys » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:21 pm

King Ken wrote:
Chuck Texas wrote:You have zero chance of getting to 6 with what you are willing to give up. The 2017 MIN 1st has a s little value. The rest of that package has essentially none.

I thought so about 6th. Usually, it would take multiple late lotto picks to move from 15 to 6th in the NBA draft. Two mid first can get you a maybe to 9th but that's pushing it and it depends on the team and the draft.

Honestly those aren't assets you listed in the OP, but with 15th + Dennis Schroeder could move you up in the draft.

Who are you targeting in the draft?

A deal could be made with the Kings they don't move up.

15th + Schroeder for the 6th seems like a good starting point for both teams.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#5 » by King Ken » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:27 pm

jimmy keys wrote:
King Ken wrote:

Honestly those aren't assets you listed in the OP, but with 15th + Dennis Schroeder could move you up in the draft.

How aren't two mid first picks assets? What world are you in where two mid firsts aren't assets???

Winslow. Maybe Johnson as well depending on his slide in the draft.

Not a chance in hell. There might be some interest in just trading Teague for a top 6-7 pick but that's as far as it goes and it's unlikely like trading Cousins for a top 3 pick. Dennis is untradeable. 21 and one of the most talented PG's in the game. He's still developing and we like his progress.

Why the hell do you fans not listen? How many times do we have to tell you we have ZERO interest in trading Dennis.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#6 » by bondom34 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:34 pm

King Ken wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:
King Ken wrote:I thought so about 6th. Usually, it would take multiple late lotto picks to move from 15 to 6th in the NBA draft. Two mid first can get you a maybe to 9th but that's pushing it and it depends on the team and the draft.

How aren't two mid first picks assets? What world are you in where two mid firsts aren't assets???

Not a chance in hell. There might be some interest in just trading Teague for a top 6-7 pick but that's as far as it goes and it's unlikely like trading Cousins for a top 3 pick. Dennis is untradeable. 21 and one of the most talented PG's in the game. He's still developing and we like his progress.

A team isn't taking a possible mid first in two years plus another this year and getting you that far up. To move to top six, you're going to have to give up something of actual substantial value. The only possible guy I see is Schroeder.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
King Ken
General Manager

Post#7 » by King Ken » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:37 pm

bondom34 wrote:
King Ken wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:

A team isn't taking a possible mid first in two years plus another this year and getting you that far up. To move to top six, you're going to have to give up something of actual substantial value. The only possible guy I see is Schroeder.

Thanks! I agree with that. No chance Dennis would even be on the board. He's part of our future therefore he's not a trade asset. He's part of our building block.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by bondom34 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:39 pm

King Ken wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
King Ken wrote:How aren't two mid first picks assets? What world are you in where two mid firsts aren't assets???

Thanks! I agree with that. No chance Dennis would even be on the board. He's part of our future therefore he's not a trade asset. He's part of our building block.

Completely get it. In that case there's a better shot at Teague for a pick by himself, assuming Atlanta would be willing.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by jimmy keys » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:40 pm

King Ken wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:
King Ken wrote:I thought so about 6th. Usually, it would take multiple late lotto picks to move from 15 to 6th in the NBA draft. Two mid first can get you a maybe to 9th but that's pushing it and it depends on the team and the draft.

Not a chance in hell. There might be some interest in just trading Teague for a top 6-7 pick but that's as far as it goes and it's unlikely like trading Cousins for a top 3 pick.

Well the 15th this year is nothing of great value, then I guess I missed the 2nd 1st rounder you speak of. That Minny pick is lottery protected forever, so no it's not a great asset and it's 2018 not 2017 in any case, so yeah 4 years from now you might have a chance at a pick around 20, great :roll: .

I'm sure teams are hyped at the chance at getting the franchise altering trio of Mack, Muscala & Scott hahaha. Really nothing to see here.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by jimmy keys » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:43 pm

bondom34 wrote:
King Ken wrote:
bondom34 wrote:A team isn't taking a possible mid first in two years plus another this year and getting you that far up. To move to top six, you're going to have to give up something of actual substantial value. The only possible guy I see is Schroeder.

Completely get it. In that case there's a better shot at Teague for a pick by himself, assuming Atlanta would be willing.

Yeah except Teague has way less value than Schroeder. I love these I want a high lotto pick, but I'm not willing to give up anything for it type trades.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#11 » by King Ken » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:45 pm

bondom34 wrote:
King Ken wrote:
bondom34 wrote:A team isn't taking a possible mid first in two years plus another this year and getting you that far up. To move to top six, you're going to have to give up something of actual substantial value. The only possible guy I see is Schroeder.

Extremely unlikely. We really don't see teams who are contenders trade a backend top 10 player in his position for a draft pick. Extremely unlikely unless they have to. This is most of an interest thread. We wanted to see how other fans view what we wanted and our willing assets.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by bondom34 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:48 pm

King Ken wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
King Ken wrote:Thanks! I agree with that. No chance Dennis would even be on the board. He's part of our future therefore he's not a trade asset. He's part of our building block.

Extremely unlikely. We really don't see teams who are contenders trade a backend top 10 player in his position for a draft pick. Extremely unlikely unless they have to. This is most of an interest thread. We wanted to see how other fans view what we wanted and our willing assets.

Agreed, in which case I don't think there's anything available.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#13 » by King Ken » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:48 pm

jimmy keys wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
King Ken wrote:Thanks! I agree with that. No chance Dennis would even be on the board. He's part of our future therefore he's not a trade asset. He's part of our building block.

Yeah except Teague has way less value than Schroeder. I love these I want a high lotto pick, but I'm not willing to give up anything for it type trades.

Not even close.
Dennis has more value to us but on the market.

Jeff is 26.
An All Star.
A top 10 PG.
8 million per for the next two seasons.
One of the most well rounded PG's in the NBA.
Can play at different tempos and has good BBIQ.

Sorry but saying Jeff has less value on the open market to me is likely saying Lowry has less value than Jeff to you. To me, Jeff's trade value>>>Lowry's.
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 4,996

Post#14 » by R-DAWG » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:52 pm

King Ken wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:

Why the hell do you fans not listen? How many times do we have to tell you we have ZERO interest in trading Dennis.

Two mid 1sts are assets. They are great assets. But not good enough to move up to 6 from 15.

The 15th pick plus the MIN 1st should be enough to get you up to the 9-12 range. I can Miami moving down 5 slots to pick up an extra pick since they owe 3 future 1's and can't trade a future 1st for about 2 years.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#15 » by King Ken » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:52 pm

It just won't make sense to trade Jeff this upcoming season. One of our biggest strengths if not the biggest is our PG rotation. It hits you like the Kings with Bibby/Jackson and to think Jeff is still improving and Dennis is vastly improving and only 21.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#16 » by King Ken » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:53 pm

R-DAWG wrote:
King Ken wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:

Two mid 1sts are assets. They are great assets. But not good enough to move up to 6 from 15.

The 15th pick plus the MIN 1st should be enough to get you up to the 9-12 range. I can Miami moving down 5 slots to pick up an extra pick since they owe 3 future 1's and can't trade a future 1st for about 2 years.

That's what I figured but that's not really much value for us if the players we covet are gone.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#17 » by skywalker33 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:54 pm

CHI trade #16 & #19 to get up to #11, so to get up to #6 from #15.........
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by jimmy keys » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:57 pm

King Ken wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Completely get it. In that case there's a better shot at Teague for a pick by himself, assuming Atlanta would be willing.

Not even close.

Jeff is 26.
An All Star.
A top 10 PG.

Sorry but saying Jeff has less value on the open market to me is likely saying Lowry has less value than Jeff to you. To me, Jeff's trade value>>>Lowry's.

We all watch the same games. If Schroeder has more value than Teague to the Hawks than he has more value on the market too. Every team wants cheap talent with great potential, every team!

I'm not going to get into the Teague > Lowry point you made because it's beyond absurd. Lowry is a legit difference maker Teague um not so much. In fact I think the Hawks run better with Dennis at the 1.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#19 » by King Ken » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:58 pm

skywalker33 wrote:CHI trade #16 & #19 to get up to #11, so to get up to #6 from #15.........

Probably a quality player. :-?

Thanks guys.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#20 » by King Ken » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:03 pm

jimmy keys wrote:
King Ken wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:

Not even close.

Jeff is 26.
An All Star.
A top 10 PG.

We all watch the same games. If Schroeder has more value than Teague to the Hawks than he has more value on the market too. Every team wants cheap talent with great potential, every team!

I'm not going to get into the Teague > Lowry point you made because it's beyond absurd. Lowry is a legit difference maker Teague um not so much. In fact I think the Hawks run better with Dennis at the 1.

There is nothing film wise, stat wise, or wins wise that says Lowry is a better value or even as good of a value as Teague. Nothing...

Look at their PER: Jeff
Defense: Jeff
Both need to be more consistent but they both are very good players but to say Lowry>Teague is hilarious. Teague dribble drive is impossible to guard. Ask Brad Stevens:

“I don’t know what qualifies as a superstar,” Stevens said after the game, “but I know this: Nobody in the league can keep Jeff Teague in front of them. Nobody.”

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2015/01/celtics-notes-c ... ine-hawks/

Return to Trades and Transactions