UTA - SAC (Part 2)

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Re: UTA - SAC (Part 2) 

Post#21 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:01 am

KF10 wrote:There is no way I'm trading #1 or #2 for Favors.

THis deal doesn't do that. It moves the Kings down 10 spots or so. I'd take that deal.
HawaiianJazzFan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#22 » by HawaiianJazzFan » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:12 am

Favors has to be the most underrated player in the NBA.
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:15 am

HawaiianJazzFan wrote:Favors has to be the most underrated player in the NBA.

Wow most underated in the NBA, yet most overrated in Utah? Naw I'm pulling your chain. I think he's a very good player. But he's a 3rd or 4th fiddle guy on a contending team.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,071

Post#24 » by Laimbeer » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:19 am

Would the Knicks consider this package? I don't see why not. They'd like to get win now pieces while still getting youth, and they need a point more than Sacramento.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#25 » by KF10 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:24 am

BOOGIE-MONSTER wrote:

THis deal doesn't do that. It moves the Kings down 10 spots or so. I'd take that deal.

I much rather have Towns on rookie scale than Favors & his current contract.
bpcox05
Veteran
And1: 481

Post#26 » by bpcox05 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:33 am

KF10 wrote:
BOOGIE-MONSTER wrote:

What if we get the #2 pick and Towns was taken #1?
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:56 am

KF10 wrote:
BOOGIE-MONSTER wrote:

I'd rather have Burks, Favors and another late lotto pick than Towns honestly. WHy? WIN NOW while adding to the Kings bench which was so piss-poor last year. We gotta add 1 quality piece(Favors) and then we gotta re-stock that bench with talent. THis trade is near perfect for the Kings and I think it'd be pretty good for Utah too.
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:57 am

bpcox05 wrote:
KF10 wrote:
BOOGIE-MONSTER wrote:

I think Okafor would be a fabulous fit in Utah. As for the Kings. I like the idea of DeAngelo Russell.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#29 » by KF10 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:02 am

bpcox05 wrote:
KF10 wrote:
BOOGIE-MONSTER wrote:

I don't like Okafor for the Kings, so yes, I would consider trading the pick.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#30 » by KF10 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:09 am

BOOGIE-MONSTER wrote:
KF10 wrote:
BOOGIE-MONSTER wrote:

I'd rather have Burks, Favors and another late lotto pick than Towns honestly. WHy? WIN NOW while adding to the Kings bench which was so piss-poor last year. We gotta add 1 quality piece(Favors) and then we gotta re-stock that bench with talent. THis trade is near perfect for the Kings and I think it'd be pretty good for Utah too.

Favors is a good player, Burks is meh and getting a good player at #12 is a risky proposition.

Towns is going to be an elite 2-way player. He is more complete than Favors.

Towns is the real gem in this draft. I'm not trading away that for something inferior.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#31 » by stitches » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:34 am

I wouldn't trade Favors for Okafor for sure. Favors is a great two-way player with still improving offense... Okafor will never be that. Also, Okafor is an absolutely horrible fit for us with Gobert. Whatever minimal spacing Favors provides, Okafor can't give us even that. I don't get why you think it's a good fit for us. If we won the #2 in the lottery and Towns was gone, I'd take Russell before I take Okafor.
bpcox05
Veteran

Post#32 » by bpcox05 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:39 am

KF10 wrote:
BOOGIE-MONSTER wrote:
KF10 wrote:

Favors is a good player, Burks is meh and getting a good player at #12 is a risky proposition.

Towns is the real gem in this draft. I'm not trading away that for something inferior.

Burks is meh?! You must be joking. these are his per36 numbers over the past 2 seasons:

44% / 36% / 77% / 17.0 PPG / 4.3 RPG / 3.4 APG / 1.0 SPG / 0.2 BPG / 2.3 TOPG

Not to mention, Burks has shot 42% and 43% in catch and shoot 3pt situations so he would be a great threat to spread the floor for Cousins and Gay.

You calling him "meh" is insulting to him as a player. He's been very good SG who is a pretty complete player.

I'd do something like #1, Stauskas, & Landry for Favors, Burks, and #12 in a heartbeat. If the Kings were to walk away with Favors and Burks from this trade, their team and defense would be much better next season.

PG - Collison/McCallum/Miller (vet min)
SG - Burks/McLemore
SF - Gay/Casspi (room exception)/Turkoglu (vet min)
PF - Favors/Turner (#12)/Moreland
C - Cousins/Thompson

PG - Exum/Cotton
SG - Hood/Stauskas/Millsap
SF - Hayward/Ingles/Johnson
PF - Towns (#1)/Landry/Evans/Jerrett
C - Gobert/Cooley
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#33 » by KF10 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:48 am

bpcox05 wrote:
KF10 wrote:
BOOGIE-MONSTER wrote:

Burks is meh?! You must be joking. these are his per36 numbers over the past 2 seasons:

44% / 36% / 77% / 17.0 PPG / 4.3 RPG / 3.4 APG / 1.0 SPG / 0.2 BPG / 2.3 TOPG

Not to mention, Burks has shot 42% and 43% in catch and shoot 3pt situations so he would be a great threat to spread the floor for Cousins and Gay.

You calling him "meh" is insulting to him as a player. He's been very good SG who is a pretty complete player.

I'd do something like #1, Stauskas, & Landry for Favors, Burks, and #12 in a heartbeat. If the Kings were to walk away with Favors and Burks from this trade, their team and defense would be much better next season.

PG - Collison/McCallum/Miller (vet min)
SG - Burks/McLemore
SF - Gay/Casspi (room exception)/Turkoglu (vet min)
PF - Favors/Turner (#12)/Moreland
C - Cousins/Thompson

PG - Exum/Cotton
SG - Hood/Stauskas/Millsap
SF - Hayward/Ingles/Johnson
PF - Towns (#1)/Landry/Evans/Jerrett
C - Gobert/Cooley

Trey Burke, not Alec Burks.

Completely different players in the OP.

I misspelled his name in my last post but I my point stands.
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

Post#34 » by goober » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:50 am

I think it's safe to say that neither team does this.
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:27 am

stitches wrote:I wouldn't trade Favors for Okafor for sure. Favors is a great two-way player with still improving offense... Okafor will never be that. Also, Okafor is an absolutely horrible fit for us with Gobert. Whatever minimal spacing Favors provides, Okafor can't give us even that. I don't get why you think it's a good fit for us. If we won the #2 in the lottery and Towns was gone, I'd take Russell before I take Okafor.

Okafor reminds me of Duncan. Gobert is going to be the Rasho(with athleticism and more size) to an Okafor in that Scenario. He'd fit fine.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,291

Post#36 » by babyjax13 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:27 am

For Utah this is basically a question of whether or not we would trade Favors for Russell. My gut reaction is "maybe", but considering that Favors is an all star calibre player on a cheap contract who wants to stay in Utah...it makes it hard. Gobert's ceiling is really high, and his defensive impact is higher than either Okafor's or Towns' would be...so we would only draft one of them if they fit with Rudy in the starting lineup. I don't really see the appeal for Sacramento, either. If they have the first pick just draft Towns and call it a day.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
bpcox05
Veteran

Post#37 » by bpcox05 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:06 am

babyjax13 wrote:For Utah this is basically a question of whether or not we would trade Favors for Russell. My gut reaction is "maybe", but considering that Favors is an all star calibre player on a cheap contract who wants to stay in Utah...it makes it hard. Gobert's ceiling is really high, and his defensive impact is higher than either Okafor's or Towns' would be...so we would only draft one of them if they fit with Rudy in the starting lineup. I don't really see the appeal for Sacramento, either. If they have the first pick just draft Towns and call it a day.

You can say he's an all star caliber player all you want, but when you look at the rest of the league, he's really not. An all star is not necessarily your skill level, but how much better you are than your competition. Since the all star game lumps SFs, PFs, and Cs together, it means Favors needs to be in the top 6-8 out of all the SFs, PFs, & Cs. Let's take a look at his compatition...

Cousins, Gasol, A. Davis, Aldridge, Griffin, Durant, & Leonard are all easily ahead of Favors. Easily. That's already 7 players. Then you have guys like D. Howard, Ibaka, & D. Jordan who I think are still a step above Favors. Then you have guys like Dray. Green, Parsons, Batum, Randolph, Nowitzki, & Bogut who I would lump in the same tier as Favors. So you're looking at 10 guys ahead of Favors (7 of them are way ahead of him) and another 6 who would be lumped in with him.

Is Favors really an all star caliber player? There's a name for very good players who aren't all stars...they are called very good players.
Hedda Gambler
Bench Warmer
And1: 387

Post#38 » by Hedda Gambler » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:43 am

I`m too biased to comment on the value of this deal, but I really think that the time for trading Favors for a draft pick has gone. We supposedly tried to do it last off season to get Wiggins, but with the improvement he has made under coach Quin and with how good he looks next to Gobert, I really don`t see us shipping him for anything else than a ready made super star.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,291

Post#39 » by babyjax13 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:37 am

bpcox05 wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:For Utah this is basically a question of whether or not we would trade Favors for Russell. My gut reaction is "maybe", but considering that Favors is an all star calibre player on a cheap contract who wants to stay in Utah...it makes it hard. Gobert's ceiling is really high, and his defensive impact is higher than either Okafor's or Towns' would be...so we would only draft one of them if they fit with Rudy in the starting lineup. I don't really see the appeal for Sacramento, either. If they have the first pick just draft Towns and call it a day.

You can say he's an all star caliber player all you want, but when you look at the rest of the league, he's really not. An all star is not necessarily your skill level, but how much better you are than your competition. Since the all star game lumps SFs, PFs, and Cs together, it means Favors needs to be in the top 6-8 out of all the SFs, PFs, & Cs. Let's take a look at his compatition...

Cousins, Gasol, A. Davis, Aldridge, Griffin, Durant, & Leonard are all easily ahead of Favors. Easily. That's already 7 players. Then you have guys like D. Howard, Ibaka, & D. Jordan who I think are still a step above Favors. Then you have guys like Dray. Green, Parsons, Batum, Randolph, Nowitzki, & Bogut who I would lump in the same tier as Favors. So you're looking at 10 guys ahead of Favors (7 of them are way ahead of him) and another 6 who would be lumped in with him.

Is Favors really an all star caliber player? There's a name for very good players who aren't all stars...they are called very good players.

I wouldn't trade Favors for Leonard. For that matter, I wouldn't move Hayward for him, either. Favors is also better than Jordan and Ibaka. He is a top 5 or 6 player at his position. That means in any given year he could be an all star...hence, all star calliber player. People who don't watch utah on a regular basis criminally underrate him.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
bpcox05
Veteran

Post#40 » by bpcox05 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:05 am

babyjax13 wrote:
bpcox05 wrote:

I wouldn't trade Favors for Leonard. For that matter, I wouldn't move Hayward for him, either. Favors is also better than Jordan and Ibaka. He is a top 5 or 6 player at his position. That means in any given year he could be an all star...hence, all star calliber player. People who don't watch utah on a regular basis criminally underrate him.

Even under your own assessment (a Jazz fan's assessment), 7 players are ahead of him (Cousins, Gasol, A. Davis, Aldridge, Griffin, Durant, & Howard) in his own conference. That's not good enough to be an all star.

Return to Trades and Transactions