Should the Pellies trade Jrue for Rondo?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Telfaire
Analyst
And1: 57

Should the Pellies trade Jrue for Rondo? 

Post#1 » by Telfaire » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:10 pm

The Pelicans have invested two lottery picks in Holiday, his stock is down and he's younger than Rondo, but OTOH Rondo can get Davis more involved on offense..

For Dallas, pairing Holiday with Ellis would upgrade their D
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,051

Re: Should the Pellies trade Jrue for Rondo? 

Post#2 » by Laimbeer » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:20 pm

Rondo is a free agent. And at any rate, Jrue is worth much more after the Dallas fiasco.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,758

Post#3 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:24 pm

As a Mavs fan I would be elated by that development, but that would be an incredibly stupid move for the Pelicans to make.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#4 » by Golabki » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:28 pm

[quote="Telfaire"]The Pelicans have invested two lottery picks in Holiday, his stock is down and he's younger than Rondo, but OTOH Rondo can get Davis more involved on offense..

For Dallas, pairing Holiday with Ellis would upgrade their D[/quote]
What evidence is there that rondo can get Davis more involved? I guess Davis would get doubled more by permiter defenders who are happy to ignore rondo... Which is a way is getting more involved
Telfaire
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#5 » by Telfaire » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:29 pm

Laimbeer wrote:Rondo is a free agent. And at any rate, Jrue is worth much more after the Dallas fiasco.

Sign and trade, my friend, sign and trade...
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#6 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:31 pm

That would be horrific value and fit for New Orleans.

Should they? Oh god no.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#7 » by LApwnd » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:33 pm

Telfaire wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:Rondo is a free agent. And at any rate, Jrue is worth much more after the Dallas fiasco.

only way Rondo agrees to go somewhere like Pel is if he's getting a MAX deal and or no one else is offering a max deal. Don't think Pel want a maxed out Rondo either.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,121

Post#8 » by jbk1234 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:34 pm

Telfaire wrote:

Unless his agent calls him up and tells him to play his rear end off for the remainder of the series, Rondo will be lucky to get the mid level exception from a team next year. Right now, I cannot foresee a scenario where the Mavericks can value back in a S&T for Rondo. Even a TPE seems like a stretch.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Smirk
Starter
And1: 1,594

Post#9 » by Smirk » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:37 pm

We, the Pelicans, politely decline.

Then laugh.

Then go to Jazz Fest. Have some Crawfish Monica. Laugh a little more.
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 16,912

Post#10 » by Shock Defeat » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:54 pm

Dallas should start to rebuild because Dirk is done as an impact player. He might be able to get you 15 PPG but he is a total liability defensively. They need to be inplay to get another cornerstone player, not Jrue Holiday.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by jbk1234 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:58 pm

BBall Loyalty wrote:Dallas should start to rebuild because Dirk is done as an impact player. He might be able to get you 15 PPG but he is a total liability defensively. They need to be inplay to get another cornerstone player, not Jrue Holiday.

So would you trade Parsons or hold onto him for another season? That seems like the biggest decision facing Dallas right now.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#12 » by pacers33granger » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Rondo and Evans in the backcourt would just be laughably bad.
Knosh
Starter
And1: 921

Post#13 » by Knosh » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:41 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
BBall Loyalty wrote:Dallas should start to rebuild because Dirk is done as an impact player. He might be able to get you 15 PPG but he is a total liability defensively. They need to be inplay to get another cornerstone player, not Jrue Holiday.

So would you trade Parsons or hold onto him for another season? That seems like the biggest decision facing Dallas right now.

You mean hold onto him and then let him walk?
Zion Wembanyama
RealGM
And1: 3,304

Post#14 » by Zion Wembanyama » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:41 pm

Noooooooooooo! Do no want!
NBA - Pelicans,Hornets
NFL - Panthers
MLB - Braves
NHL - Ducks, Hurricanes
NCAAB - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
NCAAF - Tarheels, Wolverines, CHA 49ers
Soccer - PSG, CLT FC, USMNT, FRA, SCO
Golf - Tiger Woods
Tennis - Rafael Nadal
NASCAR - Joey Lagano
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by jbk1234 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:45 pm

Knosh wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Well, if he doesn't start earning that contract, I'm not sure he exercises the PO. Pretty much everyone else will be off the books so I think what matters is whether Dallas sees Parsons as a key piece going forward.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Knosh
Starter

Post#16 » by Knosh » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:55 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Knosh wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Well, if he doesn't start earning that contract, I'm not sure he exercises the PO. Pretty much everyone else will be off the books so I think what matters is whether Dallas sees Parsons as a key piece going forward.

Imo if he does what he did this season, he will be worth more than that option year on the open market. And if he doesn't opt out that probably means he has no value.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by jbk1234 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:57 pm

Knosh wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Knosh wrote:

Imo if he does what he did this season, he will be worth more than that option year on the open market. And if he doesn't opt out that probably means he has no value.

I'm not trying to be funny or clever - but you think that if he repeats his performance from this year he'll be worth more than $16 million per on the open market?
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Knosh
Starter

Post#18 » by Knosh » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:20 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Knosh wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

I'm not trying to be funny or clever - but you think that if he repeats his performance from this year he'll be worth more than $16 million per on the open market?

Yes. Or at the very least a longer deal that gives him $16 mil per year. I mean the cap is now projected to bis $89 mil that summer. That's ~40% more than last summer. So $16 mil in '16 is like less than $12 mil in '14. And I expect there to be some further inflation, because there will be a lot more cap space than players.

Or are you saying he wasn't that good this season? He is 2nd on the team in RPM behind Tyson and I'd say that's pretty fair given how Dirk struggled all season and Ellis struggled in the 2nd half. And while he didn't get that many touches post Rondo trade, he was very efficient when he did get to run pick and rolls. I can't find it right now, but his synergy numbers as pnr ballhandler are very impressive.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,758

Post#19 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:32 pm

Dallas showing class in calling Rondo out with "a back injury". Would love it if Cuban had them release a statement to the effect that he's out indefinitely for being a quitting dog.

When someone starts the eating crow thread put me down for being thrilled by the Rondo trade. I. Was. Dead. Wrong.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
DK-All Day
General Manager
And1: 8,335

Post#20 » by DK-All Day » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:54 pm

I wouldn't want Rondo infecting Anthony Davis with his attitude. Jrue is better anyways so New Orleans wouldn't even consider.
Handsome.

Return to Trades and Transactions